“Started with a warm cookie and a smile”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was in Minneapolis for a layover and just wanted to get a hotel for the night. Meagan and Kevin at the desk were awesome after a long flight. We bantered a bit and I unpacked a bit and stretched out on the bed in my larger than expected hotel room. The coffee maker was easy, the toiletries were refreshing and I was able to get a taxi right outside the door. Perfect Experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for the 5 Star review and mentioning the great service you received from our staff. It is great to hear that you can use the word "perfect" when describing your stay with us. We hope the next time you visit Minneapolis you will stay with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Well located in downtown Minneapolis. Understated rather than flashy and flamboyant. Nice, clean, comfortable rooms. Very helpful and friendly staff. Excellent value for a downtown big city. Right around the corner from a great English pub/restaurant (Brit's).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for recognizing our friendly staff and clean rooms. We take great pride in making your time away from home the best it can be and appreciate your feedback acknowledging our quality and service. I agree that our location is ideal for a variety of reasons including Brit's. Please come visit us again.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The warm cookie really is a nice touch. Staff at the front are very nice. Rooms are clean and good sized. Would stay here again. You don't usually go wrong with Hilton chain hotels. Will be checking out the fitness center tomorrow. There is no charge which there really shouldn't. Be for guests but some places do charge.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the very nice review about our hotel. The compliments about our nice staff and clean rooms are what we strive for with our guests. We appreciate your kind thoughts and hope to see you on your next trip to Minneapolis.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great place to stay in Minneapolis. Location close to shopping, convention center, restaurants, public transit, and sight-seeing. Clean, quiet rooms. Knowledgeable front desk staff. Manager exceptional at problem-solving skills. Entire staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is five star! Smooth cab ride to and from MSP; about $40.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

It was a pleasure speaking with you and getting things sorted out. Thank you so much for your great review and for your thoughtful comments about the staff. I am sorry for the hiccup but I am glad that we were able to rebound and have the rest of your stay memorable. Please come back to us soon, and I promise we won't repeat the same mistakes twice. Thank you!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Double Tree Suites in Minneapolis. After flying into Minneapolis we took the light rail from terminal 2 to the Nicollet Mall Station (12th stop), and then walked approximately 7 to 8 blocks before reaching the hotel. The light rail cost $1.75 per person. This walk might not be for everybody, but we packed light, and while the weather was pretty brisk, we enjoyed walking through the Nicollet Mall seeing the shops and restaurants.

Check in at the hotel was easy, the room was ready when we arrived at around 3 PM. We are Hilton Diamond Members: our room was on the Hilton Honors Floor, we were given 3 cans of complimentary soda and 2 bottles of complimentary water, free internet and complimentary breakfast buffet. The room was clean and large: two sitting areas, two televisions, a refrigerator, microwave, small coffee pot, king sized bed with lots of pillows. It was a very quiet room, we did not hear noise from anywhere else in the hotel – and we had a beautiful view of the city, it was especially nice at night when all the lights came on.

My one complaint was the size of the bathroom, it was extremely tiny considering how large the rest of the room was. Only one person could be in the bathroom at a time, and if you happened to be sitting on the toilet, the door could not be opened. I appreciated that the hair dryer was not attached to the wall, but I could not use it anywhere other than the bathroom. There was a small alcove near the bed, which to me means it may have been a vanity at some point, but there was no mirror. There was a full length mirror in the hallway, but no plug in. I could only dry my hair in the bathroom. It would have been nice if my husband and I could get ready in the morning at the same time, but that was not possible in this room.

We did have a drink in the bar, along with some snack food, excellent service there; the staff at the breakfast buffet were attentive, always keeping our coffee cups full. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, it was clean, the hotel staff were friendly everywhere we went, the location was convent to shopping and restaurants. My only complaint was the bathroom, which is why I don’t give the hotel a perfect rating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KANR

Thank you for letting others know exactly how your experience was at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. You painted a great pictures to help others know what to expect. Other than the size of the bathrooms, I am glad that we showed you great hospitality. We are certainly looking in to changing the layout of the bathrooms during our next renovation. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great location in downtown. Staff was terrific. My wife requested a room change as she invariably does and staff was extremely accommodating and made her (and thus me) very happy. Location right in the center of downtown was terrific.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am so glad that the staff showed you their sincerity and thoughtfulness, as the staff is what makes the Doubletree Suites who we are. We try to show professionalism and character in the most fun way possible. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and thanks for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My 3 day, 2 night stay was perfect. Helpful staff! I was able to check in early and get comfortable before afternoon business meetings. Everything was so clean and comfortable. I was concerned about having a room next to the elevator, but was surprised at how totally quiet it was--even over the weekend. Great location. I look forward to my next MN trip to stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your great review. I am glad that staff was helpful and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We can't wait to see you next time. We appreciate your business!