My husband and I spent one night at the Double Tree Suites in Minneapolis. After flying into Minneapolis we took the light rail from terminal 2 to the Nicollet Mall Station (12th stop), and then walked approximately 7 to 8 blocks before reaching the hotel. The light rail cost $1.75 per person. This walk might not be for everybody, but we packed light, and while the weather was pretty brisk, we enjoyed walking through the Nicollet Mall seeing the shops and restaurants.
Check in at the hotel was easy, the room was ready when we arrived at around 3 PM. We are Hilton Diamond Members: our room was on the Hilton Honors Floor, we were given 3 cans of complimentary soda and 2 bottles of complimentary water, free internet and complimentary breakfast buffet. The room was clean and large: two sitting areas, two televisions, a refrigerator, microwave, small coffee pot, king sized bed with lots of pillows. It was a very quiet room, we did not hear noise from anywhere else in the hotel – and we had a beautiful view of the city, it was especially nice at night when all the lights came on.
My one complaint was the size of the bathroom, it was extremely tiny considering how large the rest of the room was. Only one person could be in the bathroom at a time, and if you happened to be sitting on the toilet, the door could not be opened. I appreciated that the hair dryer was not attached to the wall, but I could not use it anywhere other than the bathroom. There was a small alcove near the bed, which to me means it may have been a vanity at some point, but there was no mirror. There was a full length mirror in the hallway, but no plug in. I could only dry my hair in the bathroom. It would have been nice if my husband and I could get ready in the morning at the same time, but that was not possible in this room.
We did have a drink in the bar, along with some snack food, excellent service there; the staff at the breakfast buffet were attentive, always keeping our coffee cups full. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, it was clean, the hotel staff were friendly everywhere we went, the location was convent to shopping and restaurants. My only complaint was the bathroom, which is why I don’t give the hotel a perfect rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, this all-suite hotel is walking distance to Target Field, Hennepin Theatre District, the Minneapolis Convention Center, Nicollet Mall and Target Center. Large guest suites are 25% larger than most standard hotel rooms and feature the luxurious Suite Dreams beds, in-room safes, spacious living rooms, refrigerators and microwaves. Come lounge, network and cozy up by the fire in the lobby or visit Lot 57, our onsite restaurant and bar serving breakfast and dinner. Grab a cup of coffee in our full-service, onsite Starbucks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Minneapolis