“Very nice stay!”

Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Kansas
“Very nice stay!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Double Tree Suites in Minneapolis. After flying into Minneapolis we took the light rail from terminal 2 to the Nicollet Mall Station (12th stop), and then walked approximately 7 to 8 blocks before reaching the hotel. The light rail cost $1.75 per person. This walk might not be for everybody, but we packed light, and while the weather was pretty brisk, we enjoyed walking through the Nicollet Mall seeing the shops and restaurants.

Check in at the hotel was easy, the room was ready when we arrived at around 3 PM. We are Hilton Diamond Members: our room was on the Hilton Honors Floor, we were given 3 cans of complimentary soda and 2 bottles of complimentary water, free internet and complimentary breakfast buffet. The room was clean and large: two sitting areas, two televisions, a refrigerator, microwave, small coffee pot, king sized bed with lots of pillows. It was a very quiet room, we did not hear noise from anywhere else in the hotel – and we had a beautiful view of the city, it was especially nice at night when all the lights came on.

My one complaint was the size of the bathroom, it was extremely tiny considering how large the rest of the room was. Only one person could be in the bathroom at a time, and if you happened to be sitting on the toilet, the door could not be opened. I appreciated that the hair dryer was not attached to the wall, but I could not use it anywhere other than the bathroom. There was a small alcove near the bed, which to me means it may have been a vanity at some point, but there was no mirror. There was a full length mirror in the hallway, but no plug in. I could only dry my hair in the bathroom. It would have been nice if my husband and I could get ready in the morning at the same time, but that was not possible in this room.

We did have a drink in the bar, along with some snack food, excellent service there; the staff at the breakfast buffet were attentive, always keeping our coffee cups full. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, it was clean, the hotel staff were friendly everywhere we went, the location was convent to shopping and restaurants. My only complaint was the bathroom, which is why I don’t give the hotel a perfect rating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KANR
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for letting others know exactly how your experience was at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. You painted a great pictures to help others know what to expect. Other than the size of the bathrooms, I am glad that we showed you great hospitality. We are certainly looking in to changing the layout of the bathrooms during our next renovation. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
grand rapids, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great location in downtown. Staff was terrific. My wife requested a room change as she invariably does and staff was extremely accommodating and made her (and thus me) very happy. Location right in the center of downtown was terrific.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am so glad that the staff showed you their sincerity and thoughtfulness, as the staff is what makes the Doubletree Suites who we are. We try to show professionalism and character in the most fun way possible. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and thanks for taking the time to review us!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My 3 day, 2 night stay was perfect. Helpful staff! I was able to check in early and get comfortable before afternoon business meetings. Everything was so clean and comfortable. I was concerned about having a room next to the elevator, but was surprised at how totally quiet it was--even over the weekend. Great location. I look forward to my next MN trip to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your great review. I am glad that staff was helpful and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We can't wait to see you next time. We appreciate your business!
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights from Friday to Monday during Canadian Thanksgiving week end. We arrived on a very wet, cold and rainy evening. It was probably close to 10 PM by the time we checked in. We get to the check in counter and there are 2 relatively young men behind the desk. A manager comes and goes as we are standing there drenched. It took a full 5-7 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge our existence (the first service issue). I should also mention that this hotel was booked at regular prices (not a bid) through Priceline.

We were in town to take our nephew to see his favourite football player (Adrian Peterson) play for his 16th birthday. This is important because our party was going to be staying in 2 more rooms the following day. We had a total of 3 rooms, in other words. I should also mention that I have been traveling a lot for work lately; and, the level of service for every hotel seems to suffer as a result booking with Priceline. This is something to think about moving forward. I see it most because my company sometimes puts me in the same properties, at a much more expensive rate. In my opinion service should never suffer based on the rate.

In any case, all 3 rooms were booked using Priceline. None of us got any cookies at check in. I happen to be a Hilton rewards member; and, since I used to travel so much at one point, I was actually a Hilton Platinum rewards member I can honestly tell you that I have never stayed at a Doubletree hotel previously, including booking through Priceline, and not received cookies at check in. I have checked in sometimes at 1 AM and still received warm cookies.

On the Saturday morning my wife and I left our room at around 10 AM. We could hear the maids knocking on doors nearby. We retuned to our room at around 2:30 PM. The room was not mail up. We did remove the "do not disturb" from the door upon leaving. This was service issue number 2.

You will notice that up until now things have been quite negative; yet, I have rated the hotel highly. This Hotel may have received the highest ratings that I have ever given had it not been for the lack of service. If I was reading this review I would consider not staying here for that reason alone. This property has great rooms, it is in a great location, about a 10 minute walk to the closest train station (which is how we arrived from the airport). I think the cost is under $2 each way. We got a day pass for about $6/person. There is a great restaurant down the street called the News Room that was amazing.

The hotel did not have free internet of any kind. There was supposed to be free wifi in the lobby level but my I phone or I pad could not connect on any of the 3 days. The cost is $10 for a 24 hour period or free for Hilton Gold members.

Overall I would stay here; but, if I encountered the same service issues I may not be as forgiving.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AtwoZ
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
This review is so valuable to myself and my team. I really appreciate you being so thorough and concise in your response. This type of service is not typical of our hotel but simply unacceptable. There is nothing I can say to try to just justify the lack of professionalism. There is no excuse for not being recognized right when you come in the lobby, or given a cookie no matter what time in the night or morning it is. We should check your room multiple times when you are gone to ensure it was cleaned beyond your expectations. We talk about these types of issues every day with the staff to ensure they are well trained, and we only hire the staff that believes in these principles. I ensure you I will not allow this to continue. We our in the hospitality business for a reason, to create connections with guests and to serve. I promise you we will do better in the future.
South Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Nice place to stay. Nice ammenities. A little pricy, but I was here for a conference and I don't have anything to compare against. Parking and internet access were rediculously priced at $19.00 and $10.00 per day. Friendly staff and very comfortable lobby and room furniture. Great location - close to conference center and not too far from downtown for dining and entertainment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We take all of our guest's comments very seriously and will be sincerely ensuring that all of our prices are comparable and better than our competitors, and that our guest's see that value in staying with us. We will do everything to keep your business and show you that we truly think of our guests as our family. Thank you for your review. Have a great winter!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We recently spent two nights at this hotel. The property meet all of our expectations and the service provided was above average. The are a number of hotels in the area and we selected this one based on the price. I do not think you can go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate the fantastic review. Thank you for deciding to spend your time with the family at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. We strive to create life long customers, so I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again soon. Thank you for your time!
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice sized room - clean - everything worked inside the room. Minor issues: coffee for machine in room - no regular coffee. Even with the heat turned all the way down, the room was warm. ---- Attached restaurant was very nice and service oriented. Starbucks was attached so no walking outside. Target headquarters across the street. Taxi's parked outside the hotel for good service to other locations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your opinion! We will work very hard to ensure we don't miss the details like not having regular coffee in all of the rooms at all times. At the Doubletree, the little things mean everything. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and are working very hard to ensure the temperature in the rooms is comfortable and efficient at all times. Thank you for your business.