“Good comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Good comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 for a convention being held at the Minneapolis Convention Center. About a 10-15 minute walk to the Convention Center, not bad, even during a snowfall. (If you are prepared with overcoat, etc)
However, this hotel is not connected to the enclosed walkway system in downtown Minneapolis.

Hotel was signature Doubletree, no surprises.
Room was clean, everything in working order.

Only problem was with other guests who, with their kids, were screaming, playing, slamming doors, and running up and down the halls at 11:00 pm.
A call to the front desk and they responded. Problem was taken care of immediately.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GMan3909
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
GMan,
We appreciate your feedback! I am sorry about the snow in April. I wish I could say that won’t happen again but I’d better not go out on a limb as I have been unlucky with my weather predictions. I am very sorry about the noise on the floors but am happy we handled it quickly and efficiently. Come back and see us soon now that it is warmer. We truly appreciate your business and will do anything to keep you as a life-long customer at the Doubletree Suites. Thank you for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Clifton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at 9 AM due to an early flight and we were surprised we were able to check in right away. The hotel has a very convenient location right by the Nicollet mall and right next to Brits Pub. It was only about 1/2 mile walk to Target Field were we spent most of our time seeing the Yankees Twins series.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Paul V,
Thanks for choosing the Doubletree Suites while you were in Minneapolis to see the Yankees play the Twins. It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We know you have many options to choose from when visiting our great city and thus we are honored you chose to stay with us. We try very hard with every guest to ensure we make a connection, and that you leave knowing that we did everything in our power to create a great stay for you. Enjoy your summer!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I enjoyed my experience. Service was stellar. Rooms were spacious. Food was filling. A great value for everything that I received. And I am a HHonors member. I am very picky about my hotels. This is one I would revisit again.

I went to a convention and had a lot of boxes shipped to the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. At night was quite safe. The hotel has room key access only and has a security guard.

Definitely a great deal. Clean. Quick. Convenient.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is awesome to hear that you got the experience our unique style of hospitality. We truly want every guest to leave happy, well rested, and with an impression that will last for all the right reasons. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, and we can’t wait to see you again! Have a great summer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have to tell you something. My experience at this hotel in December could have been the sequel to the "Bates Motel.". Everything you could imagine that could go wrong, did. But, it wasn't just the hotels fault but I too needed to take some of the blame. After talking with the General Manager over a period of several days, I was offered a comp room on my next stay. I took him up on the offer and returned. The experience I had the 2nd time was phoenomial! I was treated wonderfully and with respect and dignity. The suite was great, the food fantastic and the service was excellent. If one has a bad experience, talk it out with a manager in a respectful way. I did and I will return again and again. Thank you, Dustin and Staff and please, no more snow storms!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Joe P,

I remember you quite well sir! There is no better feeling for myself and my staff to know that you finally saw the genuine hospitality that the Doubletree Suites can provide. The fact that you came back to us and gave us another chance means the world to me. I am so glad that you got to experience a great stay. I apologize for our errors in the past but am certainly glad that we learned from them. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. It will go a long way in keeping spirits high!
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Disappointed at one of my favorite brands. You would think if the largest US hospitality conference is in your city you would step up and make sure the rooms were clean and the property was staffed accordingly. One person at the registration desk to check in a long line of guests, there actually was another staff member at the desk, however he declined to assist. My room was OK, however the bathroom smelled better after I used it than before......I will not return

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
It is very disheartening to hear your comments regarding your stay but I certainly appreciate your feedback. You are absolutely right with your comments about getting your room cleaned proficiently and in a timely manner, and about having more than one person to check you in. This is sincerely not typical of our hotel so I am so sorry you had to experience these hardships. The gentleman that you suggested that declined to help check you in was our shuttle driver. He is not trained to check people in but decided to help answer phones at the desk during the busy time. We usually have a great arrival experience and hope you give us another chance to show you this in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here last week June 19th and 20th. I was surprised that my room was not cleaned very well, SUPER dusty, mirrors were smeared and my tub had used soap in it, I went to the hall and saw a maid, who was busy, then I ran into a nice gentleman named Junior who came in and took care of all my requests with a smile. That next morning I heard the maids talking about cleaning 20 rooms, I find that to be too much and may have explained why the job was done at 50%. If Junior had not helped me, I may have switched hotels, not sure if I will stay again. I am only giving service a very good rate due to Junior.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am very sorry that your room was not perfectly clean when you checked in. There is no excuse for some of the items that you told us about. Our housekeeping usually does an amazing job with all the details of the room so it is very disheartening to hear your comments. However, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share them with me, and for giving Junior accolades as he is very genuine and does a fantastic job with our guests and takes pride in what he does. Please don't let this incident deter you from giving us another chance. I can personally attest to the great job we do with cleaning the rooms, and I hope we have the opportunity to prove this to you the next time you are in town. Thanks again for your feedback and I will pass your thanks along to Junior.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

How to start well the parking situation needs a little work as their parking garage was full up we had to park across the street in a "over fill" lot which seemed to be owned by someone else. we were met by the hotels security guard who gave us a parking permit and had to let us into the lot. at which time we were told we would have to go back into the hotel and get him if we so desired to leave the lot and reenter later. thank goodness we decided to just stay in because what a pain that would have been. also I found out in the morning that there was a parking fee which i thought was kind of a sham but that was the worst of it to be honest. the gentleman working the front desk was kind and very fast at checking us in. our room was a king sized bedroom, the furniture had a modern art vibe and it was all quite comfortable. The bed was one of the softest I have ever slept in. All in all I would stay there again but beware of the pain of parking there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sundayknight
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I am very sorry you had to park in our adjacent lot. I apologize as well that you were given bad information. 95% of the time, our lot attached to the hotel has plenty of parking spots available for our customers. Rarely, we have a security guard or representative outside to assist guests to our adjacent lot. We do have to help you get in to the lot, but once you are in, you can exit without assistance. The gate crossbar automatically comes up when exiting the lot, thus you only need our help entering the lot. I realize the frustration this must have caused you. Please contact me personally in the future if you would like to stay with us again so I can make this up to you.