“Comfortable hotel, great location.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Comfortable hotel, great location.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This DoubleTree is conveniently located at 11th and LaSalle, just one block off Nicollet Mall and right behind Brit's Pub (our room overlooked the Brit's Pub patio). It's nice, clean, and everyone was friendly. They give you a freshly baked cookie at check-in.

Our room was nice, with a living room area with a couch and TV and a bedroom area with a TV, separated by the bathroom. The room had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, and the fridge was stocked with a few sodas and bottled water.

The bed was so very comfortable and I wanted to take the bedding home with me, especially the pillows.

There is a Starbucks attached to the hotel, and a small lounge with a bar and food. You'll want to make other plans for breakfast - the breakfast buffet is small and costs a staggering $14 PER PERSON.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel for future travelers. I am glad you enjoyed the cookie as that is what the Doubletree is known for. I am happy that you noticed the staff strives to genuine and happy at all costs. Most of our guests love the size of our rooms, the amenities we offer, and the bed and bedding. I am glad that you felt the same. I am sorry that you thought the cost of the breakfast buffet was too high. We actually just lowered it from $16 to $14 and based on the competitors and what our buffet has to offer, thought this price was very fair. Thank you for your feedback, as we will examine this item closely again. We look forward to giving you another cookie at check in soon. Almost all of our snow is melted!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bellingham
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree downtown Minneapolis. Location was the best, on site parking in and out was wonderful. And the staff was the friendliest, most helpful and most courteous I have ever experienced in 30 yrs of 8-10 hotel stays per year

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
What a fantastic comment to receive. I give my staff all the credit, as they truly care and believe in giving our guests the most memorable and sincere experiences. The staff works hard and it is comments like these that keeps them motivated and inspired. Our culture is to make connections with each guest, and to create loyalty in all of our ventures. It sounds like we did that with you and it is certainly rewarding. Thank you so much for your time, and we can’t wait to have you back as our guest!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff was very welcoming and helpful, but the place is nothing special. It's in a decent location, and we got a deal on the room, so it was fine. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, but it's nothing to avoid either.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your review very much. I am glad you thought the staff was nice, but I am sorry we weren't able to "wow" you as we strive to do. If there is something we could differently with our service or accommodations, please don’t hesitate to let me know. We stay flexible in our approach and can and will change our style based on our guest’s preferences. I hope you give us another chance in the future, but we thank you for your recent stay.
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and has always been a good deal on rates for rooms and parking. The staff is also very curtious. The hotel is a little older, and it is starting to show a little, but it is still quite nice for the price range. There is a British Pub that has an outdoor patio right next to it, so in the summer the music and people can be a bit loud, but it is generally quiet other than that. The location is excellent, within walking distance to many bars and restaurants in downtown minneapolis, as well as Target Field.
I have only had one gripe, and that was this last weekend when I stayed for the weekend (March 11-13, 2013), I left my phone charger. They sent it to me promptly, but I was charges $50 more for shipping than the charger cost. I had to drop this rating from very good to average for that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JimmY38474
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Your review says that you have stayed at the hotel many times in the past. Thank you so much for loyalty and for continuing to stay at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. We appreciate your kind words about the staff. We are striving hard to create memorable experiences with our guests. I am sorry you are thinking the hotel is starting to show age. The rooms got renovated in 2011, and there are a lot of great things planned for the hotel in the coming future. Replacement of elevators, resurfacing and restriping of our parking lot along with all new signage, a new menu and name change of the restaurant, a facelift for the exterior of the building and much much more. I am sorry that the lost and found costs were so high. We use normal shipping procedures, but to make it up to you, call me the next time you want to stay with us, and I will give you a discount on the room to make amends. We don’t want you to stay with anyone else when you travel to Minneapolis. Thanks again for your patronage, and have a great day!
Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have stayed at many Downtown Minneapolis properties, the staff at the Doubletree makes the difference. Megan at the front desk is very professional and knowledgeable. The servers in the restaurant were friendly and helpful. The parking was adjacent to the hotel and very convenient. The location was great. We enjoyed Brits Pub right around the corner and were across the street from our UST Law School which we were touring. Don't hesitate to stay here.

1 Thank dterritory
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff, especially Megan, and our hotel. It is so rewarding to have Megan’s unique and sincere style of hospitality recognized by others. She works so hard for our guests and for her fellow employees. All of our staff is working hard to bring our guest’s the freshest most exciting style of hospitality yet. I appreciate your review, and look forward to having you as our guests many more times in the future. It was a pleasure!
WINNIPEG
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour to attend theatre in Minneapolis. We were more than pleased with the accommodation. The staff is wonderful! The location was excellent right off the Nicollet Mall and near good restaurants. Happy Hour value is fantastic!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ROSEMARY C
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We had a fantastic time hosting your group a few weekends ago. I hoped you enjoyed all the shows you came to see, and got to experience a little bit of Minneapolis while you were here. Thank you for you great rating, and your kind words about our staff and accommodations. We sincerely appreciate your recognition of how hard we are striving for our customers. Guests like you are what makes it all worthwhile. I am glad you enjoyed our Happy Hour. It is really starting to take off, and we are certainly trying to make the value the best in town so people continue to join us. We hope to see you next time you are in town, and thanks again for your time.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 1, 2013

For a hotel right in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, this place had everything for a decent price. The hotel was SPOTLESS. I haven't stayed in a hotel as clean in a very long time. The suites were enormous--almost as big as my own apartment--and totally clean. There was a large fridge (also spotless), microwave, counter space, and a beautiful bathroom. The maids were very organized and on top of which rooms needed to be cleaned. There was coin laundry available, a Starbucks inside the lobby (a real Starbucks--not just coffee), good WiFi signal, and the train to the Mall of America is a few blocks away. The staff was incredibly sweet. Every time I walked into the hotel they greeted me; and when our group arrived, they had extra staff on hand to make sure we were all quickly taken care of (that never happens). I hope we stay here again!

Room Tip: Talk to the receptionists because they are incredibly accommodating.