“Not worth the price”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed February 25, 2013

No accommodations. bad parking. If I'm paying over 120$ I'd at least like a working toilet and working sliding closet doors. Also paying for parking I expect to have a parking spot. Also you have to pay for wi-fi and kids channels like Disney.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank laurahejl
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I am very sorry that you did not think our hotel was worth the price you paid. We have multiple parking lots, so I apologize if the signs didn’t accurately point you in the right direction. I understand how frustrating it must be not to know where our other lot was. I am not sure what the problem was with your toilet, but please let us know next time so we can fix it for you right away. Upon some research, the closet door in your room did stick a little. We fixed the problem right away, and are also getting all new closet doors installed in our hotel by September of this year. I know this doesn’t take back the fact that you had to endure some hardships. I hope you contact me next time you are in town so I can make this up to you. We sincerely want all of our guests to become part of our family, and stay with us every time they come to Minneapolis. I hope we will have the opportunity to show you the type of service and accommodations that many people enjoy.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable and very good location. 50 yards from Brit's Pub - too bad I stayed in the winter and the lawn bowling wasn't available. But there was plenty of excellent restaurants within walking distance. Even at 5 below zero. Parking was very convienient. If you need a cab Nicollet Ave (buses and cabs only) is 1/2 a block away. The bed was very comfortable. Even the pullout couch was good. Make sure to let the staff know if you are going to use it so they can put sheets and blankets on it. The warm cookie on check-in was really good!

Room Tip: If you are going to use the pullout couch let the staff know so they can put sheets and blankets on...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank esport1
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give our hotel a positive review. I apologize about the cold weather. It seems to be a trend this time of year, but I can’t wait until lawn bowling starts back up as well. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon. Spring is right around the corner!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Parking ramp is very tight. Staff helped park 15 passenger van across the street. On my next stay I will park in the street and ask to be parked in that lot. Rooms were clean staff was very helpful.
It would be nicer if connected to the sky walk. It was a brisk refreshing walk to get in @ 5 deg.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

We sincerely appreciate you deciding to stay at the Doubletree Suites while you were in Minnesota. I apologize that you had slight noise from the road outside. I certainly hope that this did not deter you from getting a good night’s rest. The next time you visit us, as you said in your review, give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you with parking, so you don’t take more time out of your day than you have to know. We know your time is valuable. We will continue to strive to ensure we work on all the details. Come back and visit us soon, and I promise it will be warmer. .

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for the State dance competition 2/15-2/17/13. Our room was on the 12th floor in an executive suite. The room was absolutely wonderful. I loved having a living room and bedroom to choose from. The hotel itself was wonderful. The elevator was very fast and got you into the lobby very quickly. My only complaint was the parking situation. We had a hard time finding a space. Even though 19 dollars is the cheapest hotel parking around, it was still high for such a cramped space. We walked around Minneapolis a lot since we didn't want to lose our spot. Other than the parking, the staff was more than accommodating. We ate at the restaurant inside the hotel and it was wonderful. The staff was very nice and on top everything. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikki W

We are honored that you decided to choose the Doubletree Suites for your hospitality needs when you were in Minneapolis for the Dance competition. I hope the competition went excellent and the weekend wasn’t too long and hectic for you. Thanks for all the accolades regarding the staff and the hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious, but they would not being enough without the determination and wonderful attitudes from all of my staff members. We are happy to serve guests like you, and had lots of fun hosting your group. Please come back and see soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Let me start by saying this was a last minute trip, so booked just a day or so ahead. Got a AAA rate of $143 or so (without taxes - $165+ with). Not too bad considering the location. Staff was EXCELLENT. Had a special situation on my departure day and they were absolutely fabulous helping me out. The room was fine. Spacious, clean - though showing a little age in the carpet, tub grout - that kind of thing. Not horrible - just something that if they take care of it soon, they will probably get higher ratings.

I had no issue with the room heat like some are saying. Then again, I turned the fan on at 65. I stayed in a room that ran along the main street in front. If you want quiet, I'd suggest asking for the opposite side of the hall. It isn't that it was crazy noisy, it's that sounds from the street were amplified for some reason...so when the bus came along, it sounded like I was on the first floor instead of the 6th.

Room service was efficient - again servers were very friendly. Food was fine. Nothing stellar - but good. (note: if you like dry scrambled eggs, tell them when you order. They come "wet").

I'd stay here again for the convenience to theater and such, but also would be likely to try another place because of the price.

One thing - winter in MN....sidewalks out front weren't very clear, so when I had to get a taxi, ended up going through a pile of snow/slush to get in the cab.

Room Tip: if you want quiet, don't stay on the side facing the main road. Strangely loud.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate all the details you provided about our service and our accommodations. While there were obviously things that we did well, we did not earn a 5 star rating from you which means we have work to do. Thank you for identifying areas that were not perfect, so I can address them quickly and make your next stay flawless. Our staff truly cares about our guests, their opinions, and self-improvement.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

On arrival, the room was very hot and stuffy. The controls not only do not reflect the actual temperature of the room but do not allow the occupant to effectively correct the problem. The hotel staff appeared uninterested in the problem when I reported it. After many stays, I would probably not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your review. There are a few things that you come to know and expect when you stay at any hotel, and that is a comfortable room. But our hotel has been on a great run the past few months of deliver exceptional guest experiences in all of our interactions. It is very disheartening to hear that the staff seemed uninterested when you told them about the problem. Our job is not only to solve the problem, but to go above and beyond to ensure you are above satisfied. Honestly, we don’t fail like this often so it hurts when we do. I hope you decide to give us another chance the next time you are in town. I have seen our service at its peak, and we can do much better.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our first ever trip to Minneapolis. We booked through priceline by "naming our own price" and got a wonderful price. As anyone knows w/ priceline you can never be sure just how "good" thier star ratings will be. This hotel did not let us down. Great location near all the key downtown sights and sounds. Greeted w/ warm chocolate chip cookies, just like the tv ads promise. Room was VERY clean and beds were insanely comfortable. Friendly staff who made several recommendations (however I will never go back to Seven Steakhouse, but thats not her fault). ON SITE STARBUCKS!!!! Easy check in, easy check out. We will definately stay here again and know its worth booking outside of priceline if necessary.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

You spent your first time in Minneapolis with the Doubletree Suites! It doesn't get any better for us than that. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for the great review! I am sorry about the restaurant recommendation, but now we know for the future. I hope it didn't ruin your evening. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms and the staff, and of course, the signature cookie. We sincerely appreciate your business and can’t wait to have you back soon. Thank you!