“Underwhelming”

Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had been meaning to stay at the Millennium for quite some time, seeing as it was one of the only Minneapolis hotels I hadn't stayed in and the reviews made it sound very good.
I finally got the chance the other weekend, thanks to a Hotwire special. The lobby was great and very elegant, but I couldn't help but be underwhelmed by the rooms themselves. They were awfully small and not near the expectations I had, given the reputation.
It was good to experience the hotel, but I don't think I will go out of my way to stay there again. Room size and comfort are big to me, and that's what this hotel lacked.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the size and comfort of the guest rooms. With the completion of the very extensive renovation, there was a lot of thought and research done to ensure that our guests have a comfortable experience. We have received great feedback regarding the comfort of the beds and pillows and the finishes in the rooms.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed the lobby area. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have occasion to stay downtown in the future. I would be happy to assist you with your reservation needs.
Regards,
Katie Neufeld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014

HI there,
It was my first visit to MN and the staff at this hotel were very helpful.
They guided me so well for a lot of things and the checkout process was very smooth and quick.

Overall, great team! Shaina, Colin and Jamie ---> ***** stars for you all. Yes those are five stars :)

Room Tip: high floor for great sunlight!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ali Z
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at the Millennium Minneapolis while attending a convention. The property has been recently remodeled and is very clean. The location is literally a 3 minute walk from the convention center and can be accessed via the skybridge in case of weather. I am on the road for work 30 weeks a year and the mattress was one of the most comfortable I have slept on, woke up rested and refreshed every morning. There is an extensive workout room onsite. There are several great restaurants within walking distance and the in-hotel bar is a great place for a few drinks at the end of the day.

Only negatives were that the A/C in my room (and others in party reported the same) did not work well, but we were here the first "warm" week of the year so the hotel may not have had the chillers on yet. I was able to open a window and this kept the room comfortable. Prices for the pantry items were more expensive that I expected ($4 for bottle of water) but there is a gas station 3 blocks away and that's where I went for beverages. Room rate was in line considering the convention.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tbfltri8
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for the kind review.

There was considerable thought put into the redesign of the hotel and bed and pillow comfort was at the top of our list. We certainly acknowledge the importance of good nights sleep while you're away from home. Additionally, we designed the Fitness Suite with much the same thought process. It is important that our guests are able to enjoy the same perks while being on the road.

It was a beautiful spring week when you stayed with us. You are correct in stating that we have not yet started the chillers. Our rooms are able to be cooled with the new units we installed and the benefit of the windows opening is great.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if I may be of assistance with future reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Minneapolis!

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband, 2 kids and myself stayed here for 2 nights while attending an event at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The room was not huge but very nicely outfitted. Staff was all very friendly and helpful. The pool was again not huge but that is expected in a downtown property. We got a rate of $107/night plus taxes which I thought was a great deal. Loved that it was attached via skywalk to convention center. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn_from_WI
Lynn,
Thank you so much for such a kind review.
Our proximity to the Convention Center is truly unbeatable. We are very fortunate to have received a very extensive renovation in 2013. The 1 year anniversary for our re-opening in April 29th.

Minneapolis is such a great city, especially in the summer months. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance with future reservation needs.

Mendota, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Millenium Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. The experience was very positive and we would highly recommend this location. Our check-in experience was good and was promptly offered a king bed when I requested one. The room location was good with a nice view of the Minneapolis downtown. Size of the room was not large but it was adequate and well appointed (and up to date). Bed provided a great night sleep and was very comfortable. Bathroom was a bit on the small size, but again it was well appointed and more than functional. Loved the sliding door for the bathroom along with the fluffy robes..both added a nice touch to the room. Parking was next to the hotel and provided easy access to the main lobby. Overall, the building appears to have received a recent remodel, so the lobby and other interior furnishings and decor are up-to-date and classy. Location is very close to the convention center and a short walk from Nicollet Mall and downtown attractions. Target Center and Target Field are a longer walk or short cab ride from this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Toobs1
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I never write reviews, simply because I never feel compelled, until now. I took my kids for an impromptu staycation and stayed at this property. I booked on Hotels.com, which typically means the service you receive is sub-par because of booking through a third party, discounted site. From the first interaction I had with Annie, to the next I had with Chelsea, to the room service delivery, cocktail waitress, breakfast server and Anita at the front desk upon checkout....every single interaction I had made me feel like I was a top priority. I was incredibly impressed. As a business traveler who stays in three or four different properties each month, I can attest this just doesn't happen anymore. I don't expect it. How refreshing to arrive somewhere and feel so welcome and accommodated. The food was incredible, the staff was top notch, the room was so comfortable....I cannot wait to return for another getaway! Kudos to the staff and management at the Millennium for proving that stellar service is NOT a thing of the past!!

Room Tip: Corner King's are spacious and modern!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Belgrade, Minnesota
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had the most wonderful experience at the Millennium Hotel Minneapolis! The establishment is very clean and modern. Not only did the staff recognized us by name they were so very helpful with anything that we needed!! I know that the next time I stay in the downtown area we will for sure be checking into this fabulous hotel! Thanks Chelsea and Jamie!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Barb V
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Barb V,
Thank you so much for your very kind review!

The team in the front office truly do an excellent job with guest service. I am very fortunate to have them on my team. Jamie and Chelsea both appreciate your kind words as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Regards,