“Anita at the Front Desk is the BEST!”

Millennium Minneapolis
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Mankato, Minnesota
“Anita at the Front Desk is the BEST!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our stay was fantastic! A big part of the reason was due to Anita at the front desk. It was extremely busy the Saturday night we were staying at the Millennium and Anita had quite a few guests demanding her attention. Despite the crowd, she took the time to make us feel welcome & extra special. Thank you! As long as Anita is there - we will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J0dySE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Anoka, Minnesota
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Anita at the front office manager is a gem. She handled everything so well and fast especially after a LONG day working the convention center. Even though there were a ton of young dancers and cheerleaders there for an event, it was not overly loud. Sat night there was a wedding and still no issues on the people or noise. Club level is worth the upgrade and the standard rooms were excellent... not huge but nicely done and desk, chair, frig, larger tv, and specious enough. I had an accessible room and like the extras for shower. The redo is great and modern. Sunday brunch is fantastic too. Room service -- great bfast and dinner. Price for food pretty normal, brunch was a bargain and quick. Easy for the skyway to conv center. Booking it for the next trade show.

Room Tip: Club level worth the extra for space and some perks.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nicole B
Dilworth, MN
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed at the Millennium on New Years Eve for a friends wedding and we enjoyed our stay for the most part. Rooms were smallish, but not enough to be a problem. It being connected to the skyway is a huge plus, and with it's location on Nicollet Mall, eating and drinking options abound. Our kids enjoyed the pool in the basement, small, but really warm, so inviting for younger tykes. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but the folks attending the wedding with us did, and said the food was good. The one thing that kind of befuddled me was how a hotel like this can't have free wi-fi. I can go to the local Super 8 and get free wi-fi, but the Millennium believed that their Wi-Fi (not high speed mind you) was worth $10.99/day

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the skyline of downtown, very pretty at night, our 3rd floor room didn't se...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay in our hotel. We hosted two weddings on New Years Eve so there was certainly a lot going on in the hotel. Our pool is such a nice treat during the Minnesota winter, especially when it is as cold as it was in the beginning of January.

Please accept my apology for the service issues you had with the Wi-Fi service during your stay. We did have some minor issues with the connectivity that were addressed in January. I also acknowledge that it can be frustrating for some travelers to pay for the Wi-Fi service. It is a common practice within the hotels in the downtown market.

Please let me know if I may be of service with future reservations.

Regards~
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My family enjoyed our stay at Millennium Hotel. It is just a block away from the convention center which made it easy to go to and from the convention we were at, all without having to go outside. The staff were friendly from beginning to end. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I recently visited Minneapolis and stayed at the millennium hotel. I know that this hotel recently underwent a renovation and it looked awesome! The rooms were delightful and clean. Staff was extremely helpful and directed us to some delicious places to eat. If you're visiting here I would suggest the millennium.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Emily M,
Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. We are always very excited to hear that our guests enjoy the renovations as much as we do. Our staff does a great job with local suggestions for restaurants, theater, museums and sporting events. Pleased to know that their suggestions for restaurants hit the spot.
If you travel back to Minneapolis, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will gladly assist with your reservation needs.
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Room was nice...parking sucked and staff kind of rude. There " continental breakfast" that was advertised on the website was only for "certain" guests... however the web site neglected to state that and made it sound like it was for everybody staying there.....

there are no elevators from the parking ramp to the hotel so you have to total your luggage down 7 flights of stairs in the cold through the parking ramp.... and they do not offer you up front a parking pass... unfortunately I learned that the hard way after leaving the parking ramp I had to pay $17 for being parked there overnight. when I try to get back into the parking ramp after leaving for a couple hours I was told the ramp was full and could not park there.. I tried explaining that I was staying at the hotel n he asked me for my parking pass and I said I was never given one. he said he would let it pass this time but not again.. as soon as I parked I went straight to the front desk and ask them why I was never given a parking pass... I was never really given a straight answer but then was given one..... I have stayed at the Radisson very close to this hotel and would definitely pick the Radisson over millenium!

• Stayed February 2014
Nian7,
Please accept my apology for the confusion and overall experience that you had with the parking situation. It is certainly not acceptable that you were in turn not provided an explanation for the mistake made by our staff. I have addressed with issue with the Director of Front Office and the team of agents to ensure that we are asking the right questions upon check-in.
Please contact me directly if your travel plans bring you back to Minneapolis. I would be happy to assist you with your reservation needs.
Regards~
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February rooms were clean and hotel overall was good lobby very nice with sofa and fire place. Rooms were good size and clean. When we checked in staff gave us key but wrote wrong room number on card. We returned said key did not work and she was rude. Gave us free internet because of confusion and that did not work. Went back to front desk and was told she did not sign us up for internet yet we had to wait. Overall a good hotel just one employee who should not work with the public. Rest of the staff was awesome!!

• Stayed February 2014