“Club room staff”

Millennium Minneapolis
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The check in was well less than the best, the gal was not very good at her customer service skills. However the rest of the staff was a pure pleasure. Especially a man by the name of Abass he was in the club area on the 12th floor and honestly we felt blessed to have met him! He made our short stay at this hotel a unforgettable one! Thank you Abass!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you Sandy A for your great remarks about Abass. He truly does such a wonderful job taking care of our guests in the Millennium Club Lounge. Please accept my apology for the arrival experience you had. I have shared your comments with our Director of Front Office and she will be addressing the importance of service with her entire team.
Wishing you a very happy holiday season and please keep us in mind for your future trips to Minneapolis.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was at the hotel for a day when I couldn't get a flight out of Minneapolis and was originally staying at the Hyatt across the street which didn't have a room available for the additional night.

Check-in was pretty smooth, as there were only really two 'dedicated' check-in lines.

I had a grilled cheese and beer at the hotel restaurant and bar, and both were excellent. The bartender was very friendly and helpful with menu choices and customizing the order. The fire alarm went off while I was eating but no one seemed too alarmed or panicked.

The room was on the small side but since it was only me, it worked just fine. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

A couple items to note, the parking was a definite situation... I parked where the garage attendent directed me to park and he advised there was a valet after 4pm which was fairly soon. While I was eating my grilled cheese, a couple of people came over and said when the alarm had gone off, the fire department couldn't get in because my car was on the outside of the driveway.... Obviously I moved the car, but the hotel parking lot (or lot next to the hotel) was full and the valet never showed up. I ended up parking at the garage across the street (at the Hyatt...), which would be fine... but it was -14 degrees (Fahrenheit) and that was a long long long walk! Another annoyance was the apparent 'room party' happening on my floor. Making me feel old aside, I didn't call anyone so I can't particularly hold against the hotel. It would be nice if they tried to separate business travelers from vacationers, bachelor parties, etc.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mdb9779

mdb9779,
That you so much for your review. The detailed information you provided is truly helpful for us to use when improving our service. The fire alarm situation on that Saturday afternoon was the result of a frozen water line. It was VERY cold that day. Our staff should have put you as ease and I'm sorry if you felt that you were not informed. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed the service, beer and grilled cheese sandwich.
The parking was very busy for the hotel that night as well. We had several holiday parties and the hotel was sold out. I know that it was inconvenient to park at the Hyatt for you and many of our guests.
I certainly hope that if your travel plans bring you back to Minneapolis you chose to stay with us again and that the weather is warmer! Minneapolis is so beautiful during all of the seasons. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance with your reservation needs.
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our company has many meeting at the conference center. I love the enclosed walkway to the center. We are able to book with any downtown hotels. I always choose the Millennium for its comfortable rooms, easy walking though a safe downtown. Located next to my favorite restaurant. This is a great HQ (home base) for exploring Minneapolis. I will always stay here when the business or family visits the fine city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel was great room was very clean and comfortable. Chelsea at the fron deck help us with a parking issue and Abass served us breakfast great waiter. The steak and egg breakfast was the best I have ever had, I highly recommend ordering it for breakfast. Check out there packages.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

It was a very busy check-in time on Saturday at 3:10. Anita went above and beyond and was very friendly even though there seemed to be confusion going on everywhere. Cheryl (waitress) and the bartenders were great and extremely friendly Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. We hope to stay here at Millennium again in March!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'm here visiting from San Diego Ca during my stay here I have to say that I have never had such a great experience at a hotel! I travel very frequently all over the world and after my stay here I will be staying at this hotel every time I visit Minneapolis!

the front desk did a wonderful job going above and beyond to make sure that every single one of my needs where taken care of and as quick as possible

Chelsea & Anita where extremely helpful during my stay here! they handled every one of my needs during this trip! and are very friendly ! you have a great team on board at this hotel!

and all for such a great price also room service was also very wonderful did a great job and was friendly!

Thanks,
Trey W. Bowman
Director of Legal Operations
River View Law office
501 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92123

ROOM: 612

Check in date 12/6/2013

Room Tip: 6th floor is a great floor very nice rooms! perfect location very close to everything!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The location is perfect for theater, music, shopping, dining. The rooms offer a lovely view and are extremely comfortable and convenient. The staff was friendly, outstanding in meeting our needs and offering suggestions for places of interest. The huge lobby fireplace was perfect for morning coffee graciously served by staff. We will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

CZHGreenwood_WI,
I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience in our beautiful hotel.
The fireplace is especially great during the winter months and with the lobby decorated for the holidays. It is a perfect spot for a cup of coffee or an evening libation.
Please visit us again soon.