1,013 results
All reviews convention center club level front desk the penthouse nicollet mall loring park room rate parking ramp business trip mini fridge downtown area hotel restaurant upon check few blocks twin cities light rail anita
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a last minute trip to visit family in Minneapolis and found this hotel. It has been recently renovated and was done very well. I've uploaded a few pictures with this review. The rate was great (<$100/night). It has a good location downtown and I expect it will become more popular. The staff was very nice. I asked a housekeeper where the ice machine was - she could have just pointed me down the hall on the right, but she walked me down there. Front desk staff was very nice as well. I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Brad-RDU,
What a great review. Thank you so much. We are very fortunate to have our beautiful "new" hotel and an outstanding experienced team of hospitality professionals that returned to us after the completion of the renovation. Chelsea and Shannon are both so good at what they do and it is always rewarding to hear that our guests think they're great too!

Please come back and see us if your travel plans bring you back to Minneapolis!
Have a good Labor Day weekend.

Katie Neufeld

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We happened to check in at a time when the hotel was full, so our reservation was upgraded to The Penthouse! That was a first for us, so as elderly travelers we tried to imagine who would be able to take advantage of the very luxurious suite. With a view of the city and room for many guests, we suppose that a businessperson might want to rent this as his or her home in the city...a place to entertain and invent and dream about what might benefit the company. It's an experience we will never forget...particularly due to the care taken by Anita to see that we were comfortable. She topped our visit with a recommendation to eat breakfast at Hell's Kitchen...probably one of the most fun restaurants ever!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The updated Millennium Convention Center is a great place to stay. The hospitality provided by the attentive staff is second to none. Chelsea and Shannon were very helpful in arranging my extended stay. Rooms are well appointed and I will definitely stay here again when travelling to Minneapolis.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited here 8 years ago and stayed for a week on business but alas my travels had not taken me to Minneapolis since then. So I was happy when I was able to take my family here for a stopover during our summer vacation. Checked in late on a friday night, service at front desk was impeccable and efficient there were several other groups checking in at the same time and I felt we were in for a big wait but the front desk staff didn't fool around and got everyone taken care of quickly. The hotel is gorgeous and nicely situated within a 10 minute walk from some of the best restaurants in Minneapolis. I only have two gripes they are:
1. No coffee in the lobby for takeout in the morning. Not a big deal for most but for me this is huge.
2. The chair at the desk in my room was either faulty or cheaply built because once I sat in it and leaned back (and I'm not a big guy) I fell backwards and smacked my head on the floor-ouch. Thankfully I have a thick skull, high tolerance for pain and an excellent sense of humor. But someone else could get hurt.
I happily recommend this hotel to the non-coffee addicts out there.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank johnnystephenson
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast and efficient. Jessica at the front desk was so friendly and welcoming! The hotel is very clean and right on Nicollet Mall. We walked all over downtown and never used our cars. We paid about $80 a night, which was an excellent value. The only negatives for us were parking is $16 a night and there is no elevator in the garage. The beds are clean and comfortable but are double beds instead of queens and finally two of us nearly lost fingers on the sliding bathroom door! We would highly recommend staying here and we will be back!

1  Thank Tedsma87