All reviewsclub levelconvention centerfront desknicollet mallthe penthouseloring parksliding doorthree nightsroom ratea wonderful staycontinental breakfastbusiness tripmini fridgeparking ramphotel bardowntown areachecking in
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My fiancee is from Minneapolis, and we stayed here before the renovations were done. My first stay here, I joked with him, that I should have dumped him for taking me here. Between the rude and unattentive staff, to our room that's AC system was malfunctioning (it was the middle of July on the hottest day of the summer in humidity), a cockroach that I almost had a heart attack over when I saw it in the bathtub, I almost threw a fit at him after the 2nd night, because I was so frustrated. But on our trip this past July, his family told us the hotel was renovated and had new staff, and that they stayed here just for "fun" and it was an amazing stay, so we decided to try it again. The only reason we would even consider choosing this hotel again, is due to the proximity of everything in Downtown. First thing you notice is the decor. Very contemporary and sophisticated. Our room this time was great. Clean, modern and an AC system that kept our room as cold as we wanted it. We didn't try their restaurant, but it always looked busy. Check in was easy and quick, and they actually accommated our early check in. I also have to give a big thank you to Chelsea and Anita. I got a stomach bug the night we arrived and my fiancee was out on his bachelor party, and although the hotel didn't have any Alka Seltzer on hand, Anita suddenly showed up and went out of her way to bring me gingle ale and Alka Seltzer. I told my fiancee after we left that I wouldn't even mind if we had our wedding reception here next year!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle W
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Michelle,
Congratulations on your engagement!

I am so pleased to hear that you and your fiance had such a great stay with us! We are an entirely renovated $22m hotel. We are so excited about the new product and it is especially rewarding when our guests share in our enthusiasm and notice the big changes.

Chelsea and Anita are both excellent examples of the guest service that pairs perfectly with our beautiful new product. The entire team of service professionals on staff are truly having a great time taking care of our guests.

We would love to have your wedding here. Our space on the 14th floor is a wonderfully unique venue. The views of the Minneapolis skyline in our iconic dome are breath taking. The attention to detail during the planning and execution of your event will leave you both with nothing but great memories. Please call the hotel Catering Department and ask to speak with our Senior Catering Manager, Jessica Hazelton, at 612.359.2234 for details.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Minneapolis.

Regards,
Katie Neufeld

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was in Minneapolis for a convention and stayed at the hotel six nights. It was a bargain considering I was in the city during the height of the tourist season and the rooms at the hotel for the convention across the street were much more expensive. The room was very clean and comfortable, contemporary styling. Anita at the front desk was very helpful with any requests I had. I would definitely stay there again. However, the service at the breakfast room was slow and unappealing.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on upper floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel recently underwent a full renovation and its a remarkable transformation! Just steps away from Loring Park, the Convention Center and on Nicolette Mall, this hotel offers a wonderful value for a downtown location. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and modern with LCD TV's, wireless internet in the guest rooms, an electronic in room safe large enough for a laptop and a beautifully appointed bathroom. The only things that provided an issue for me was the motion activated AC unit and lack of sufficient parking for the number of guest rooms the hotel offers. The AC unit in the guest room would shut off if it didnt detect motion in the guest room. This was resolved with a quick call to engineering who deactivated the feature on the unit which allowed the room to cool nicely even when not in the room. I understand the feature saves the hotel a considerable amount of money on a yearly basis, however, when its in the mid 90's outside, I dont care to walk in to a guest room thats equally as warm. I also experienced an issue with parking. Being a guest at the hotel, I shouldn't be asked to park across the street at a Hyatt because the parking garage is full and have to pay a second parking charge in order to do so.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I really enjoyed the modern tasteful and clean decor and awesome locatation. Price was also reasonable. Walking distance to dakota for jazz, many sidewalk cafes Walk on greenway to the sculpture garden and Loring park, Little longer walk or Short cab to Guthrie. Overall a perfect stay for our group of friends.

Room Tip: some rooms are smaller than others so if this matters to you make a request.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a hidden gem of a hotel. Joined to the convention center (which means I paid almost $100 a night less than the convention rate of my meeting) Great room, well appointed, quiet, and within a block of EVERYTHING in downtown Minneapolis. Perfect location at a great cost.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business