All reviews club level convention center front desk nicollet mall the penthouse loring park sliding door room rate a wonderful stay continental breakfast business trip mini fridge parking ramp hotel bar checking in downtown area upon check
Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of my pet peeves is a slow check in and it was ... slow. Overall the hotel is inviting - lobby and bar area are nice. Room is standard sized, nicely done, comfortable bed. Close to convention center. Spent two nights here. What to like: great bartender (wish I could remember her name) - she knew her beers/wine and the second night she remembered what we (three of us) had had the night before. What not to like: getting banged $10 for 'high speed' internet when it is far from that. As another reviewer stated, when even the budget chains offer free wifi ... this almost amounts to a hidden charge. When its painfully slow, charging for it is insulting. Restaurant wait staff not on top of their game. Service @ breakfast was mediocre. I rarely (if ever) travel with my own toiletries as I'm on the road with carryon bags only and I've found that 99% of the hotels I stay in offer decent products. Give me a bar of soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo and I'm a happy guy. I don't know what the Millennium was thinking when they chose the toiletries they did, horrible.

Room Tip: I had asked for a quiet room away from the elevators, ice/soda machines, service doors and they almost nailed it. They put me in a room over looking the air conditioning units ... and those things were loud (I was on the 7th floor and could hear them). This was the back of the hotel ... not sure if the rooms over the front are any quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

this_global_traveler,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry that the check-in process was long. We are constantly working to improve our processes and guest service and this is great feedback for us.
I'm excited to know that you had a good experience with our bartender in North 45! We have a great team of professionals and we are fortunate to have all of our service staff on our team.
I would be interested in additional feedback regarding the bath amenities. This is not a complaint that I have received in the past. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further, it would be great!
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Minneapolis, you will provide us with another opportunity to change your perception to "excellent".
Katie Neufeld
612.359.2224

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Millennium Hotel is nice, but nothing special. Since it had claimed being updated I expected a bit more elegance. I'm fine with plain, but was surprised based on the marketing. Fine hotel, reasonably priced for urban center (conference rate). Room service was outrageously priced. The hotel lost our conference materials. Small conference and they accommodated us nicely.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had to find a place to sleep before moving into the nearby apartment, and this place was the logical choice, They have special rates for their 'neighbors', ~153 after taxes etc. Not bad at all for the quality of the place and, the room was spacious, comfortable bad and nice bathroom. No complains at all. It would have been even better if they had wifi and breakfast included, when I asked at the reception the answer was a very short 'no', without a sign of 'sorriness'...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were pretty excited to stay here having seen the previous reviews. Location is great and the rooms are great, but they don't mention that Internet (wireless or dsl in the room) is 10$ per day, and parking is 16$ per day. So if you are anticipating either of those add that on. We didn't tiny the staff attentive at all. I have had better service at an economy hotel (which also offers free Internet). Even the use of Internet in the business center is .25$/minute!! Seems they are a bit behind in what is to be offered as amenities typically included in a hotel stay these days. Disappointed

• Stayed: July 2013

Veggies 01,
I am so sorry that you did not have a better experience in our beautiful "new" hotel.
Am pleased to know that you were happy with the location and the guestrooms and am embarrassed that you perceived our staff as not being attentive. Guest service is the most important part of what we do and knowing that we didn't deliver is disappointing. Training and a focus on the attention to details is a constant for us.

In response to the charges for the parking and internet, we do not manage the garage but I know that we are priced lower than many of the garages in the area. The parking in the downtown area is at a premium and the hotels in the area charge.

The charges for the internet are standard for hotels in the downtown area. Some full service hotels offer complimentary service for their frequent guest program members. If you join the Millennium Loyalty Club when you check in, you will be provided the internet free for that visit. If your travel plans bring you back to this area, I hope you provide us with another opportunity to provide you with outstanding service.

Katie Neufeld

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Apt for business stay. Hotel room was clean, close to conference Hall. Restaurant options were limited though, but that doesn't harm as this is quite centrally located.hotel staff was courteous and helped withfinding the good travel options and good options around.

• Stayed: July 2013