All reviews convention center club level front desk the penthouse nicollet mall loring park room rate business trip mini fridge beds were comfortable hotel restaurant upon check downtown area few blocks twin cities light rail anita
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium for a business trip and had no complaints during my stay. The hotel has a nice lobby with free wireless internet. The room was very clean and the staff were all friendly. Good location with some good restaurants in walking distance. The hotel is very close to the convention center with a sky walk that takes about 5 minutes to walk there.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Heather516
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Heather 516,
Thank you so much for your great review! We are very excited about our "new" hotel. We continue to get outstanding feedback from our guests about the comfort of our beds and design and amenities in our guest rooms.

One of the highlights of our $22 million transformation, is our staff. We retained our seasoned and guest focused team of associates. They are also thrilled with the new product and can't wait to welcome you back to Minneapolis and the Millennium Hotel.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

You just can't beat the location. You are literally right within walking distance of restaurants and stadiums downtown. The price was reasonable, as we were able to find our rates for $100 a night. The staff seemed nice but we really didn't need any assistance for anything during our one night stay. I love the lobby and the bar as a solid spot to grab a nightcap before bed (open until 1 am on the weekend). The room was very nice with the familiar upgraded amenities like a flat screen tv and iPod dock. I loved the reading light attached to the headboard! I stayed with friends this trip for our annual baseball weekend but I would definitely consider this hotel again for a weekend getaway with the wife.

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank playmaker16
RobertRivers, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Past Guest,

We appreciate your online review of our newly renovated Minneapolis hotel from your recent baseball excursion.

This hotels' $22 million dollar investment was planned by Minneapolis based firm, RSP, and their goal was to create a residential quality room and we believe it was a home run. Simple touches like the reading lamps is an example of the time dedicated to this commitment.

We look forward to your return visit and please e-mail myself directly if I can be of assistance.

Robert Rivers
Regional General Manager
rrivers@mill-usa.com

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for six days recently while attending a conference. It is right around the corner from the convention center, and well located. The hotel has recently been renovated - the rooms are attractively done, adequate sized bathrooms, comfortable but certainly not over-the-top. From start to finish, there were glitches in my stay. Checked in, asked for a very quiet room, went upstairs to fine that my room bordered on the elevator lobby. Went downstairs, asked for a quiet room, was reassigned to a connecting room, but told that no one would be occupying it so it wouldn't be a problem. Went to get a Diet Coke. Vending machine not hooked up yet. Checked out the guest laundry, washers and dryers not hooked up yet. Went out, came back, "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door of the connecting room. Called downstairs. Person at desk said it was always occupied by an employee of the hotel, and "blocked" in the reservation system, so that is why someone thought that no one would be there. Sat at desk to do some work and turned on TV. TV is on wall parallel to desk and fixed to the wall (you can't turn it), so you can't see the TV while you are working. Went to hang pants in closet. Safe is so high in closet that when you put pants on a hanger, they crumple against the top of the safe and wrinkle. I did get a call from the manager who apologized for all of the inconvenience. When I checked out, there were charges on my bill for internet access, which was supposed to be free with the conference rate. They agreed to take the charges off my bill. I would stay here again. It just seems as if they opened too quickly after the renovation without training the staff adequately or working out all the kinks.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank DCvagabond1

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and online comments related to our new hotel operation in Minneapolis.

We recognize that not all of our services were scheduled for completion in time for the conference, however the city was pressed for rooms and we wished to honor the demand. Your comments identify simple corrections which are noted for future projects now occuring by Millennium in four additional properties.

Upon conclusion of this hotels' $22 million dollar renovation, which with the opening of the new Fitness Suite and Indoor Heated Pool, which is this week, we will again review all services to insure your experience is not repeated.

We lool forward to your return,

Robert Rivers
Regional General Manager
rrivers@mill-usa.com

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week for a conference. The renovations are beautiful. The lobby and rooms are pure luxury. Sandy checked me in and she was wonderful. She greeted me with a smile and made me feel welcome. I had a small issue the next day and she handled it quickly and professionally. She is a true assets to the hotel. Jessica and Collin were also very good, very friendly, and happy. A great front desk staff! I look forward to staying here again!

Date of stay: April 2013
1  Thank taylorrwebb
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed at the hotel with a Priceline Express deal. Got a great rate for a new room that still smelled like new carpet. The bed was very comfortable. Room service breakfast was very good. All the staff I dealt with were very friendly. Walking distance to most of downtown and Target Field. Would definately stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2013