“Great property”

Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great property”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel was just steps from the State Theatre where we were going to a show. Very small, but nicely appointed rooms. Front desk staff was very nice, but when I called at 10pm to get a rollaway bed the desk clerk sounded harried and informed me that he was the only one working (and we had just walked in and seen 3 guys standing at the front desk)

The rooms were nice sized, and the beds comfortable.

The breakfast was nice, not overly large but a little bit of everything.

I would stay here again. Parking is in a garage next door, not included.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Honolulu
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a great property in a great location. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was outstanding, clean and lots of space. We wanted to stay longer but had to move on. Close to lots of great restaurants and night life. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed July 4, 2014

the residence inn service people were great ,very help full. our room was large and am free breakfast was good, but best of all, the inn has a taxi at your door, a big plus, parking is costly,fly in,call inn for taxi service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I am a Road Warriar and live in hotels. The Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center is excellent. The service the team provides is excellent, I was treated like family! The accomodations are just what you expect from a RI and were always clean. The free meals were good quality (breakfast daily and dinner Mon-Thursday). Free internet with the option to purchase enhanced internet (which is free if you are Marriott Platinum). I will always stay in this hotel when in Minneapolis.

Room Tip: I like the LaSalle street view. You can see the lights of the Theater District.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cologne, Minnesota
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We chose this hotel for a quick two night trip to Minneapolis. The location is perfect for access to the downtown theaters, Nicollet Mall and Hennepin Avenue areas.

Our room was on the 10th floor and looked out over the parking ramp. The rooms are good sized and include a fully equipped kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable. Wifi is available in the rooms.

The hotel itself is kept very clean and kept in very good repair. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saintniko
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Being a Marriott gal, I chose to stay at Residence Inn, rather than the Hilton where my conference was situated; it was the 'right' choice. The staff was welcoming right from the start (go Heather!), the room was extremely clean, the beds comfortable, and the location was ideal to restaurants, stores, and the train... easily walkable to my conference. The hotel is attached to the skyways, although I never used it! In addition, the hotel offers a hot breakfast, which had more than enough choices, plus on Monday through Thursday, they served a small (but sufficient) dinner option. In addition, the hotel is actually above a parking garage on floors 10-14, so you take a special elevator to get to your room, which you need a room key to use; I felt totally secure and safe. The large street directly to the side of the hotel is Nicollet Mall, and you can find a zillion restaurants, stores (Macy's is right next door!), lovely sidewalk tables, yummy bakeries, and more. It was a perfect location with a perfect staff, eager to help. Since I travel for a living and stay mostly as Marriott's, I am able to make some comparisons, and in my opinion, this is the best Residence Inn that I've ever stayed at. You won't be disappointed... it's practically perfect indeed!

Room Tip: My room was on the 14th floor, and my air conditioner at times did get noisy... but I did not experi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Beginningsteps
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have stayed at several Residence Inn's because of the service and room selections. The RI downtown MN was a perfect location for us as we were getting married in the twin cities. We were able to walk to the government building to get our license. We came in on a Thursday so we were able to enjoy the vast variety of food trucks they had lined up downtown. The parking structure is conveniently located right night to the hotel. The thing we enjoyed the most was that we were able to get a 2 bedroom suite, so we could stay with our friends who flew in to be our witnesses. Each bedroom had its own bathroom. The room had a nice sized kitchen and spacious area with couch and chairs which divided the rooms.
The breakfast buffet was a bonus, always fully and unbelievable variety of selections of hot and cold food. I did use the fitness room, it's rather small and the hours are limited. It should almost be open 24 hours a day or at least a lot earlier.
The staff were remarkable. They provided us with dinner recommendations, directions and anything we needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple