Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Ivrea, Italy
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had the possibility to stay here for work. the room is so big and well furnished. It's good to have kitchen and microwave present in the room, i spent a couple of lunch inside my room. The breakfast is simply perfect with a huge selection of both salty and sweet options. Nice to have the coffe and tea always available in front of the reception. defenetely it worth staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you very much. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast selection, and that you were comfortable in your room. We do hope that you return again!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our 20-yr old son accompanied us, so we wanted a larger room and a separate bedroom. This was a good choice for us in downtown Minneapolis. Across the street from Macy's, good parking lot attached with reasonable rates, and an overall good experience at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nddoreen
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
I appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Downtown Minneapolis. We are truly lucky to be in such an ideal location, and I am happy to hear you took advantage of that. It sounds like you were comfortable in your room, which is great! It is definitely what we strive for at our hotel. Please come back again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our stay at the Residence Inn was a great one. The staff went out of the way to make us comfortable, quickly bringing us extra linen that we needed, recommending late night deliveries for food after arriving late due to a flight delay. Hotel was quiet, breakfast was very good, and the location was perfect to Nicolet Mall and every place we wanted to go in Minneapolis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scottsgem
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am proud to know that our staff made your experience a great one and that you were comfortable in your room. It is definitely what we aim to achieve! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location as well, we are lucky to be in the center of so many wonderful venues. I hope that you and your family return on your next trip to Minneapolis!

Memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

A nice location adacent to the Nicollette Mall, with excellent access to the center of downtown. Hotel is fine, with nothing special. A typical breakfast buffett, better on weekday than weekend; clean well kept rooms. My room was dark and I actually bought a light bulb at Walgreens because of the low wattage in all the lamps, allowing me to read.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the street for more light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DP R
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the location of our hotel; we are lucky to be right in the center of Downtown Minneapolis as well as connected to the Skyway system. I am also glad you took part in our complimentary breakfast, and that your room was well kept.

I am sorry to hear that your room was too dark, and that you felt you needed to buy a new bulb. I wish I had known that you felt this way during your stay; we absolutely would have brought you another lamp or bought the bulb on our dime. As for now, I will be sure to have housekeeping check our bulbs to be sure they are all brightly lit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I hope this doesn’t discourage you from returning to our property.

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We took a family trip to Minneapolis and this was a great hotel for us. The location is right downtown - you can access the downtown skywalk system without leaving the building -nice because it was very cold. The light rail train station was just 2 blocks away. The kitchenette is well stocked and nice for warming up leftovers or having popcorn while watching TV.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful response! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. I am glad that your family was able to experience the scenes of Downtown Minneapolis. We are lucky to be surrounded by so many great venues and restaurants. Fortunately, also being connected in the skyway system it can definitely enhance the experience, especially on those chilly days!

It sounds like you and your family were comfortable in your room, and I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the full kitchen as well.

Have a wonderful day; we hope that you and your family return soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Residence Inn in downtown Minneapolis is in a great location for anything you plan to do in downtown Minneapolis. The room was great, the bed was soft and comfortable. It's always nice to have some extra space when away from home.

The location of this hotel is right in the middle of lots of things...we were headed to a concert and it was just one block away. There are alot of eateries close by too.

I reserved a large studio, but i think it was a one bedroom since the bedroom area had doors. The room is nicely decorated and very attractive. Our view was not the best, so that's one thing I wish we had that we didn't. Be aware that you have to have your key to get in to the hotel and to get up the elevator. The parking can be tricky if you haven't been there before; we had a parking/room combination and that was nice.

The breakfast was a typical breakfast and not bad but not impressive either...scrambled eggs; sausage; oven potatoes (that were not cooked enough); biscuits and sausage gravy; cereal; yogurt; there were apples and bananas and some cut fruit...only cantalope; waffles...but there were quite a few things to top those, so that was nice.

We would definetly stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roxie O
I appreciate your feedback in your stay with us, and I am glad you enjoyed being in the center of Downtown Minneapolis! It is a wonderful city and we are lucky to be surrounded by so many great venues, so it is great to hear you took advantage of that.

With being in the center of Minneapolis, unfortunately this means we are enclosed by many much taller buildings, it does make it harder for us to provide much of a view. I am sorry that part of your stay was not enjoyable; however, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the decorations and style of your room.

As for your room type, it sounds as though we may have given you a complimentary upgrade – I am sorry we did not properly inform you of this upon check-in and that it was not what you preferred for your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you partook in our complimentary breakfast buffet; it is a nice perk to offer our guests. I appreciate your feedback on this subject and we will be sure to take it into account with our breakfast staff, we are always open to suggestions.

We hope that you stay with us again on your next trip to Downtown Minneapolis!

Plant City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was in town for a two day business trip and stayed at this Residence Inn. The room was great, the bed was soft and the overall appeal of the hotel made my stay great. The staff knew the area well and easily pointed me in the right direction for a quick walking tour downtown. I also forgot my phone charger for this trip and the front desk easily found a similar charger they had in the lost and found that allowed me to charge my phone. I almost forgot the best part.... the cookies at the counter in the afternoon were excellent. I had to change clothes three times to go back and get another cookie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you were comfortable and relaxed in your bed, and that you enjoyed the downtown Minneapolis experience as well. I also am so happy that our staff was able to help you with finding a new charger, and that you enjoyed the cookies - it's hard to take just one!