“Convenient well friendly hotel”

Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Rhode Island
“Convenient well friendly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked this hotel as I was participating in the Twin Cities Marathon. The hotel was close to everything I needed and I'm very happy with my selection. Having a kitchen to store my food was important to me and the room was a nice size.

The hotel is tied into the interior walkways of Minneapolis which came in handy as they were having 20 degree colder than normal weather. Not nice for this Florida boy. But I can say that the heat in the hotel worked just fine.

I took the light rail from the airport which was very convenient. The public transportation was on time and very easy to use.

I would return if I visit the area again.

The only negative was that it was a downtown hotel meaning a long elevator ride and wait at times and the hallways were showing their age.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank seeyouinthesun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had some questions before we arrived, and Heather (at the front desk) did an amazing job of answering our questions and helping us. The room was big and clean, and was exactly what we needed. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

From the beginning of my trip to Minneapolis I felt people truly wanted to help you relax. The room was large, clean and up-to-date. Each morning you get a true complementary breakfast. The cook was friendly and greeted you with a smile and a sing song "Good Morning". I had fresh eggs, oatmeal and plenty of hot coffee. I put out my "do not disturb sign" because the room had plenty of towels for one person. The only downside is that you will need to take a cab or learn to use the buses to get to shopping...but if you like to walk or try using the rent a bike it is your dream city!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Located in downtown, just off Nicolett Mall. There's plenty of parking, a big Target store, a good wine merchant (Haskell's) and a handful of good restaurants nearby. Otherwise the area is dead quiet at night. Hotel is nothing special but met my needs. Good size room (double corner city-view room, although corner does not mean the corner of the building and city-view means facing the street) with plenty of space for work and relaxation. Comfortable beds. Fully equipped kitchen. Staff was friendly and helpful, but cleaning was a bit uneven (never sloppy though). Breakfast is nothing to write home about, but free!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights for a conference. Keep in mind, this hotel is a bit of a walk to the convention center, but the hotel is lovely. Target and restaurants are right around the corner. Clean self-parking garage next to hotel, breakfast was excellent with many choices, and the room was very clean. Our only complaint was the maids seemed to be understaffed and/or each maid had too many rooms to clean, because it was late afternoon before our room was cleaned each day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Marion, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

stayed at this hotel over labor day weekend. it was a great hotel. we contacted them directly for reservations and got a great rate. when i called the day of arrival to ask for early check in, she said no problem,that our room was ready and that they had put us directly across from our friends room, which we had requested when we booked. it has a great location and connects to the skyway downtown. very clean, large rooms and wonderful breakfast included in stay. we will for sure be coming back to this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 weeks with my spouse and 4 yr old daughter. The hotel is in the heart of the downtown; everthing can be found at your convenience. You'll find the Target store within a block for all your basic stuff. There are quite a few restaurants, pubs and shops nearby. For book lovers, you have a Barnes & Noble within 200 m of the hotel. The light rail transit (LRT) is a couple of blocks away from the Hotel (nearest stop being Nicollet Mall). Like any other Marriot hotel, this Residence Inn has pretty good and spacious rooms. The one we stayed had a kitchenette for basic cooking. The breakfast is decent but lacks variety. The hotel also serves an evening snack on Mon-Thurs but I wouldnt recommend. The room service wasnt great, we had to remind the front desk numerous times for changing bed sheets or replacing toliet paper. Overall a good business hotel, would definitely like to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms higher i.e 12th or 14th floors are quieter