“Great Hotel-Nicest Res Inn rooms I've seen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center

Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
Madison, WI
“Great Hotel-Nicest Res Inn rooms I've seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I'm a frequent business traveler and I've been in Residence Inns all over the country. I was impressed with this hotel on my one night stay. The rooms were modern and very new looking. Loved the breakfast bar. Tvs had HD channels. Parking was convenient. The only room for improvement was breakfast. Not bad, but I've had better at other res inns. Fresh cut fruit or real eggs would be nice. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is my second stay at the Residence Inn and both times I found it to be a pleasant stay. The hotel is clean, has an attached garage and located in the heart of Nicollet Mall. Whenver I entered the parking garage, it was after 5pm and the rate was discounted. Since I did not have to leave the garage to go out for dinner, when I left the next morning, my charge was only $5.00!

As a woman traveling alone, I felt safe the entire time. Will definitely choose to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Elkin, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I am a Mariott Platinum member so for business I mainly stay in Mariott brands. This Residense is the best I have ever stayed at. It felt more like a full service Mariott, not a typical Residence. I stayed here about 4 weeks in a row.

The little things that the staff do are what put it over the top for me. For instance, they get me a car service that was so good that I used the same driver exclusively every week.

Location is perfect, right downtown with close access to corporate clients. Room are nicer than typical Residence Inns as well.

I wish all Residence Inns were this good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Just got home from my second stay. This property is in a fabulous location, right in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and in very easy walking distance of shopping, sights, eats, and entertainment. Rooms are immaculate, and the staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. Plentiful free breakfast every morning gives a great start to the day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
xento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

What stood out was how rude the manager and front desk was when I discussed the fact that they would no honor a reservation for the amount indicated. It was like you can take it or leave it because we really don't care about you.

whole story below
-------------------------------------------

I had made my reservation during the week using the code I was given by my client.
Marriott emailed me the confirmation for the reservation and everything was set.
When I arrived, they refused to honor my reservation; claiming red vs black badge color BS. No where did it indicate on the reservation you needed a Red Badge, instead of Black badge, same client company.

Well it was 4:40pm. so 40 minutes after last chance cancel time for my reservation. They charged me around $60 more than the agreed reservation price. There was no comprise with the hotel manager (who dresses like someone who just walked out of a gym), to either let me cancel or give me the confirmed rate. I didn't really care how much the difference was since my company's paying the bill. The customer service experience is what really irked me about this hotel.

I travel to here for work every week for next few months and I will make sure never to stay at this Residence Inn and discourage my coworkers from doing so as well.
The Hotel Minneapolis, and Marriott City Center nearby are much nicer options in the Marriott family.

The room was nice; the hotel was pretty decent shape.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank xento
RITeam, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
This reservation was booked at the Target Corp. rate which requires proper identification at check in. This guest was not a Target Corp. employee but rather a Target Vendor. The Target Corp rate does require a RED Target Badge at check in, this badge indicates that you are a Corporate employee. A Black badge is a vendor badge which is what he had. All guests booking this rate are asked for their identification to qualify them. His rate was changed from the Target Corp. rate to the Target Vendor rate following the hotel's rate policy. All confirmations booked at a corp rate state that an ID is required at check in verifying that they work for the company that their rate corresponds with. As far as the manager being in street clothes, it was her day off and she had coming in to get a few things done.
Therefore, in closing, as long as you only book rates that you qualify for you will have no problem getting the rate you booked at our Platinum Award winning Residence Inn which was also the Top Operations hotel for Residence Inns in 2010.
Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Room was outstanding, very clean, HD tv, people very friendly, food typical American.

• Stayed May 2011
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Stayed here in February 2011 with our family of 4. We booked this hotel because my oldest daughter's dance team danced at the halftime show for the Timberwolves and the hotel was close to the Target Center and there were skywalks to and from the Center. When arriving to the hotel we missed the parking garage because the sign for the hotel is pretty small. Once we parked, went down the elevator and it opened into a large mall like setting. Around a couple of pillars was the hotel entrance. Hotel lobby is on the 1st floor and guest rooms are on the 11th-14th floors. Confusing at first but learned quickly how it was laid out.

Staff was awesome. I asked a million questions on where things were, how to get around the skywalks. Even asked her for a phone number to Hard Rock and she pulled it up for me and gave me a map of downtown and how to get there. Very informative and never balked at any questions. Word to the wise, the skywalk system closes down at Macy's at their closing time. Had to go outside for two blocks to get back to hotel, which isn't bad if it's not snowing and midnight. The front desk warned me about it and showed me a shortcut on the map.

Were going to use the lightrail to go to the Mall of America but we didn't. Wish we did. Was told it was about a 30 minute trip and by car was about 15. But factor in traffic and trying to find a place to park, was over 30 minutes. Being on a time crunch we didn't want to take a chance on scheduling times on the lightrail,

Rooms are spacious. We stayed in a double queen room which is smaller than the king suites. They only have 4 double queens in the whole hotel. Very clean, very quiet. Breakfast area was large and clean. Had a good variety of food both days. We would definitely stay here again if we ever needed a downtown hotel. Price is very reasonable too.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family