“Cat in the Hat”

Children's Theatre Company
Reviewed July 11, 2014

First visit for granchildren. Carrying on a tradition from our own children. Play was perfect length for 2-4 year olds. The simple set was also not too overwhelming for them. Looking forward to next visit.

1  Thank mnwt
There are newer reviews for Children's Theatre Company

Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was really important for me to expose my children to the arts as much as I could, especially while they were little. We chose one fun play a year (usually at Christmas) and splurged on excellent tickets. The kids were never disapointed. I'd have to say my personal favorite was The Grinch, but the first play we ever saw there was If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and it was fabulous too! My kids were small but they still remember it and talk about it. Definitely a worthwhile trip for family fun.

1  Thank tonip961
Reviewed July 7, 2014

As a longtime subscriber to CTC, I can say without reservation that it consistently delivers exciting, innovative (and flawless) productions for delighted audiences of all ages. Patrons have a variety of shows from which to choose, including fantastic musicals and riveting dramas.

A three or four series subscription package garners the best price rate. There are reduced prices for children and seniors, as well as discounted Rush tickets one hour before each performance.

Most recently I attended "Shrek the Musical" with an enthusiastic 11 year old. We both loved the outstanding orchestra,, abundance ofhumor, great staging, and fun interaction with the audience.

There are nearby paid ramp and outdoor parking lots, but I suggest arriving at least one half hour early to find free street parking within one to two blocks of the theatre. It is a great opportunity to visit the Minneapolis Institute of Art,, have a light lunch at the main floor casual cafe, and save time to see some of the wonderful exhibits (There is no charge for admission to the main museum). ,

The Children's Theatre is a not to be missed Minnesota treasure. Go, and you too will be enchanted!

1  Thank caseystengel
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Amazing theatre. Kids and adults are captivated. We have been season ticket holders for two years now and we are NEVER disappointed. Cinderella, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Shrek the Musical, Wizard of Oz, Cat in the Hat and the list goes on. A must see and do.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Children's theatre does a wonderful job. I have taken my children here when they were young and, most recently, my grandchildren and always a wonderful experience for children and adults alike.

1  Thank Margaret C