“We weren't very impressed.”

Seven Sushi Ultralounge and Skybar
Ranked #462 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: 3, 5, 16,19, 22, 94, 134, 144, 353, 355, 365, 375, 452, 721, 724, 755, 758 and 764. Get specific directions at http://www.metrotransit.org/
Description: The SEVEN SUSHI menu integrates traditional Japanese cuisine with unconventional international influences from around the world to create our own delights. Is well know for imaginative creations as well as classic favorites, contemporary sushi with new wave Asian inspired dishes served is what makes SEVEN SUSHI a Twin Cities favorite. 30 Varieties of sushi and sashimi 24 different Maki rolls 11 Delectable Chef's Specialty rolls Omakase We invite to come experience SEVEN sushi.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have been here before. But this time it wasn't great. It was so loud when we walked in that we could hardly hear the hostess. They had a saxophone player right next to their stand. The music playing was loud too. Even when we sat in the back part of the restaurant it was still hard to talk to each other. The lighting is very dim, so its hard to read the menu. Bring your readers! The drinks are expensive. We all had sushi, it was good. But truthfully not any better than what you can get at some grocery stores. It is a cool looking restaurant.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was recommended to go to this place by my hotel, so I took their advice. Bad idea, when I arrived it was almost 8:45pm and was asked if I wanted to eat from the all you can eat menu even though they would close it in 10 minutes. Real nice way to treat a customer. I ordered some house rolls and they were all OK, nothing special. I asked the Chef for a special roll and that was the best tasting roll of the night. I like sushi and maybe getting it in Minneapolis wasn't the best idea, but if you serve it, then it better be good and this place was just average. Will not go again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Seven has been my favorite restaurant in Minneapolis for quite a few years. The food and service have always been excellent! However, this time the experience was not so good. Our table was not ready when we arrived and were told it would only be 3-4 minutes, 20 minutes later our table was ready. The bar area was so full we couldn't even grab a drink while waiting. Our server Leon was friendly, but not very attentive. When we asked for a wine recommendation for a full bodied and earthy red wine, he recommended a $100 bottle of Rombauer. For the price the wine was an incredible disappointment as it was not earthy at all and not overly full bodied. It was the only wine he recommended as opposed to offering a range. We also had to remind him for an extra plate or bowl to put our shells from the mussels and escargot on as well as clean plates after our round of sushi. It was like he forgot about us every time he turned away from our table. The food was excellent as always and I will give them another chance. However, they need to get their act together as this was the second time in my last 3 trips to Seven that my reservation has not been ready and we were made to wait. Out of close to a dozen trips to Seven this was my first disappointment in the server at our table as well. Typically the service has been great!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food is so amazing whether you are ordering off of the steak or sushi menus. The staff is so much fun and also very helpful. Drinks are a little more expensive than a lot of places but that is expected at a higher class place such as this.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good variety of sushi and seems quite fresh. A bit on the expensive side. Great atmosphere for groups, not very quiet for couples. Great bar.