“Perfect for kids and parents”
Review of Chatterbox Pub Linden Hills - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chatterbox Pub Linden Hills
Edina, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect for kids and parents”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My 8 year old loves the place. She has a hot chocolate and grabs a box game or video game. We parents sit nearby and chat over a beer or three. Oh, the chili is wonderful. A slow delightful burn but not too hot. You can have breakfast at midnight. My daughter likes chicken strips for breakfast. The servers are very relaxed and attentive to the kids. Try it. I think you will like it.

Hanover, Minnesota
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I am shocked there is only one other review about the Chatterbox on here.

To be honest this is one of my favorite places to eat, drink, and play games. Thats right people, we aren't talking darts or pool here, more along the lines of; Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, Uno, Cribbage, Clue, Sequence, Apples to Apples, Operation, Pictionary, Sorry!, Mario Bro's, Donkey Kong....(I think you get the picture). You could be entertained for hours here.
(Nintendo games are available to rent and the board games are free to use)

Food wise, I have never had a bad meal here. I love that everything is homemade. I am a vegetarian and I shockingly have more than two options to choose from for my meal. My friends and boyfriend are not vegetarians and they too have never had a bad meal.
You can tell by their detailed menu they have put a lot of love and thought into what they are preparing for their customers. If you are willing to try homemade, unique, and well prepared food I would suggest you come here. (I/we suggest the spinach artichoke dip (appetizer), veggie lasagna, french onion soup, ribs (they have many different sauces from spicy to sweet), deep fried pickles, and any of the desserts.

Why would they stop at home-made food?? They have their own microbrews along with other selections of bottled beer and refreshments. The beer is different and not your average Coors Light, if you are the mood for a Coors order a Coors. I don't think their beer is for everyone but the staff is very knowledgeable and can point your taste buds in the right direction. (I personally think they are great!)

The staff is very friendly and they have no problem with you relaxing having a drink and playing a game or two before you order. They do not push you out the door or rush you in any way. They do not have a special speech to give you after you sit down. They are real down to earth people and they love their job. Every single server we have had has laughed with us and genuinely cared about how we were doing. Again, they are very knowledgeable and know how to have a great time!

The atmosphere reminds me of my grandpa and grandmas house or even my parents house back in the day. I am pretty sure some of the decor graced my family's walls at some point in time. Yes, it can be loud. It's a bar and not a very big one at that. Also, you have people playing games, laughing, and talking it isn't a library but also kid friendly.

As for parking is definitely a pain in the butt but nothing that stops us from going there. Sometimes you have to look a little harder for a spot, but we've always been able to find one.

If you are looking for something different (in a good way), a place to laugh play games, or just have some dinner a drinks, I would highly suggest the Chatterbox. I went to one years ago and I've been addicted ever since.

Visited November 2010
Brooklyn Center
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Loud with average food”
Reviewed February 7, 2009

I don't see how this place has a mention here. It is not something a visitor would enjoy. There are much better and more interesting places within a mile of the Chatterbox. The food is average. It is very loud, hard to have a conversation. It is in a strip mall in an upper middle class neighborhood. There are games available while you wait forever for your food. Kid friendly. Parking is the pits. It's not bad but it is nothing special for anyone from out of town.

1 Thank BlancVelvet