“great food and feel young at the same time”
Review of Carol's Restaurant

Carol's Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 1,835 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed December 19, 2013

stopped by recently for lunch with a couple of friends needing a "homeade meal" and that is exactly what you get here. Food portions are large and filling. The breads are wonderful, roasted turkey dinner is real turkey, real spuds, stuffing and cranberry to boot. Save room for dessert which always has many options and again, they are huge. Two or three people can easily share one and be happy. Service was wonderful. Oh and about the young part, evidently the elder set has dinner about the time I normally eat lunch, so we were some of the only people without white hair enjoying the dining.

1  Thank verycoldone

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My sister and I eat at Carol's about once every month or so. We love the food. You especially want to take advantage of the chicken and turkey dishes year round. Where else do you find whole birds roasted and then carved for sandwiches, entrees, etc.? The Nova Scotia rolls are so good. I love all the home made salad dressings. My favorite is the walleye, but I love the turkey dinner. Delicious desserts, too.

1  Thank barblibrarian
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I were in town visiting relatives and were looking for a place with homemade meals that wasn't a chain. This was the perfect place. My relatives come here often and I can see why. Everything from the food to the service was excellent. We had pot roast, turkey,chicken and walleye and it was great. No deli meat served here. Wish we had saved room for dessert.

1  Thank btlu
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Their food is great. I have had their turkey dinner and the Thai cashew chicken. Both were very good. Their desserts are terrific!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Carol's makes everything from scratch including all their salad dressings. Menu items include meatloaf, pot roast, stroganoff, turkey, beer battered fish and sandwiches. Everything is fresh and delicious although sometimes presentations could be improved. I had the hot turkey dinner which included two slices of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and a very minute dollop of sweet potato the size of a quarter. It was just like Thanksgiving but portions could have been a bit more generous. As another example, the house salad contained one cherry tomato and one slice of cucumber. Still the prices were good and the walnut rye dinner rolls, served warm, are fabulous.
Service was a bit erratic on a Friday night; very slow and not attentive. For example, we didn't have enough cutlery on the table for our party which was not remedied as quickly as it should have been. Desserts looked scrumptious (although we didn't try any) especially the carrot cake. Still, if you like home cooking this is the place. There is also an adorable gift shop attached to the restaurant which has a nice selection of gifts and knick knacks and sells that house made salad dressing.