“Cities' Best Hot Turkey Sandwich”
Review of Carol's Restaurant

Carol's Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 1,853 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My best friend informed me that she found the best hot turkey sandwich in the Twin Cities, so I joined her there recently to discover she may be right. It's the best one outside of my kitchen anyway and I'm not open to the public. The turkey was actually cut off the bird, on-site, after roasting. The gravy was homemade. The mashed potatoes never saw a box & were genuinely good. The dressing was moist and flavorful.

To put this in proper perspective, my husband has a culinary arts degree and cooks in one of the finest restaurants around ~ I know food. This was the real deal. If you can't wait for the Thanksgiving leftovers, try Carol's. Save room for dessert, because it too, is mighty tasty.

The service was average. The ambience was middle-of-the-road national chain family style (blech). The prices are fair. The servings are absurdly huge.

Just like Grandma's house, there's no bar. They do have limited wine & beer, but if you want a cocktail, you'll have to wait until you get back home.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was visiting with friends and their choice for an 'after the midday crowd' Sunday luncheon/brunch' was Carol's. My friends said they really wanted to take me there because the food was "homemade fresh and just like grandma's kitchen". I looked forward to a nice luncheon/brunch.
The parking lot was empty. Some time since my friends had last eaten there, the restaurant had made the choice to be closed on Sunday's, with little announcement, since my friends had not heard of this.
While this cannot be a true review then since we could not eat there, I thought it was important to mention that they are now closed all day on Sunday's so others will avoid this mistake.

1  Thank Violette54
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great food, just like grandma used to make. Only grandma lived in dairy country where cheese and butter are sold by the truckload. Bring your folks here and get some old fashion food at a reasonable price (tip & cardiologist bill not included.)

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Carol's is a family run traditional diner that serves traditional american homestyle dishes. Excellent food quality with fair prices and good portion sizes as well! The food takes me back to my youth when my grandmother would make family breakfast on Sunday. You cannot go wrong with a meal at Carol's!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stopped at Carol's restaurant in Blaine, MN, for lunch with my husband's siblings and spouses. It was around 2PM so it wasn't incredibly busy, but still had a number of people there for that time of day. We ordered hot sandwiches (turkey and meatloaf), and some had beef stroganoff, and another had walleye. The food came, was excellent,fresh tasting and VERY home made! We all shared some absoslutely wonderful chocolate cake for dessert that was large enough for ALL 7 of us to get a huge "sample" piece, since we were all very full from our meals! After lunch, we all stopped in at the "gift shop" and yes, while mostly for the "ladies", it had some very unique jewelry, scarves, bags, bath products and accessories. Lots of fun to browse, but take your time, or walk back through the store from the opposite direction as you are sure to have missed something!! The only drawback to the whole experience was our waitress, who "forgot" to put our order in for at least 20 minutes, and then held up one of our party's meals for at least ANOTHER 15 minutes, while they "made some extra gravy". We weren't going to hold the restaurant responsible for what she did (or didn't do as they case was), nor should she have held up the one meal for "extra" gravy. PS You HAVE TO try the hot turkey sandwich, with mashed potatoes and stuffing!!