“Spectacular view”

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Los Angeles
“Spectacular view”
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I was recently in Minneapolis for a conference that was held at the Marquette Hotel's 50th floor. They call it "Windows on Minnesota" and it's exactly what the name implies. You can see everything for miles and miles. It's definitely an impressive meeting site. The view is spectacular.

For dinner, we went to the hotel's restaurant. It was excellent. Try the tempura prawns, I liked them so much, I had them twice in my two day stay.

The staff was very helpful, the rooms were comfortable and the bartender knew how to make a proper Mohito, very important. If it's summer, sit outside on the patio, it's a great place to people-watch.

• Liked — The meeting room and the hotel restaurant/bar
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wearyworldtraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
Chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We stayed at the Marquette Hotel last weekend. The hotel was pretty nice. Our only complaint was the bathroom. Some of the tile in the shower had mold on it. The shower door was rusty and difficult to open. Our friends stayed across the hall and their shower looked the same. Other than that, the hotel is great. The rooms are larger than most hotels. The lobby bar was nice and workers were friendly. Location is great for dining, bars and shopping. The hotel is in a building called the IDS center which has stores, a spa, Starbucks and a restaurant. Parking was pretty reasonable at $7/day. Overall, it was a great stay...they just need to clean the bathroom up a little bit.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Mold in the shower
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank JPJ
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Booked trip with bundle online site (hotel car and airfare), not even knowing where or what this hotel was... after finding out it was in the IDS center I figured it must be a mistake, no way we got such a reasonable room in the CENTER of dwntwn mpls. Needless-to-say I was woried we were in the basement room with one exposed lightbulb for this price. Upon check in we were AMAZED with the room and the amenities and the VIEW, with the full moon dancing on the foshay tower right outside of our room.

Very happy with our stay, agree with others about the bathroom, my only complaint was an off handed, distasteful look from a bystanding coworker when the head receptionist told us the first card for the deposit was declined. I laughed and quipped; "no worries I have 2 dozen others," to which our service professional gave me a knowing grin, but the one next to her looked at me like I just asked her for change on the street. Anyone who complains about parking in a downtown center should have budgeted for that, we actually were suprised that they gave us a reduced rate for staying there (the website said $20 a day) but we only paid $7.

Very happy

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee
Reviewed June 18, 2006

When I'm in town on business, I stay at the Marquette. It is by far one of the nicest downtown hotels I have ever stayed at, regardless of city. The lobby is nothing to brag about but the location. It is only a couple blocks away from the lite rail, which is a fast an inexpensive way to get to the Marquette from the airport. In addition, it is near shopping, dining and the skyway.

The best part is ..... once you are in your room, they are nearly sound proof. I rarely hear anything which makes for a good night's sleep. The beds and the pillows are really comfortorable.

They also have a very nice exercise room. It gets busy though so timing is of the essence here.

If you can afford to upgrade to the executive level, I would recommend it. The bathrooms are definitely roomier and have a steam shower available. Some of the other cheaper rooms have just a pedestal sink and a toilet which makes it hard to have toiletries in the bathroom. In addition, the executive level gives you access to the executive lounge, which includes a nice breakfast and nice happy hour with snacks.

If I had any criticisms, they would be two-fold. The first would be that some of their shower doors are difficult to operate. One time, I actually got stuck in the shower and had to remove the shower door from its track in order to get out. The second would be that I wish they would include high speed internet in the price of their room. Many business hotels do these days and I think that would be a nice perk.

8 Thank espj
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 17, 2006

It is not above the rest because of one thing only. The attention to details which is evident at the Marquette is what has won us over: Informative check-in, responsive staff, excellent club lounge b.fast available on the weekends (e.g., smoked salmon, hard-boiled eggs, fresh and delicious fruit in addition to the usual standard continental breakfast fare), fitness center with multiple options etc....It doesn't hurt that the suite we got (on the hilton website at a very reasonable rate) is huge and comfortable. Bravo! I will definitely come back.

4 Thank Solange72
Reviewed June 7, 2006

We just returned from a weekend at the Marquette. It was absolutely wonderful. We stayed on the Executive floors. The staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly. Staying on the executive floors gave us access to the Executive lounge. There were free drinks for most of the night and a great breakfast every morning.

Our room was great, very clean and well laid out. The bathroom was great, I wish my bathroom at home was that nice. The shower included a steam feature.

The location is amazing. You are located right downtown about a block from the Nicolett Mall. Everything you could want is within walking distance. The next time I need to stay in the cities I will be going back to the Marquette.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2006

When we come to Minneapolis, my husband and I always stay at the Marquette! You can't beat it's location on the Nicolette Mall in downtown. The front desk staff are always pleasant and helpful. The rooms are great with comfortable beds, granite bathrooms, and great city views! We always stay on the executive floors for the executive lounge - where they have free food and drinks with fun staff! We were just in town for a wedding and reception on the 50th floor of the IDS and stayed at the Marquette - what a wonderful combination!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member