THIS IS A LETTER THAT I WROTE TO THE HOTEL MANAGER IN REFERENCE TO OUR STAY....WE REALLY FELT LIKE WE WERE AT HOME OR STAYING AT A FRIEND's (VERY NICE) CITY CONDO. VERY PRIVATE AND COMFORTABLE!
I wanted to address a letter of compliment to the employees of the Marquette....
We took a weekend trip to Minneapolis for our 5th anniversary and had a few different hotels picked out to possible stay in: The W at the Foshay, The Marriot City Center & the Graves 601. Upon recommendation through a family member, we chose the Marquette for its proximity to our dinner reservations & shopping. We booked on the Hilton website and were able to get a nice rate on the room. I am extremely pleased to say that we had an excellent time during our stay & I credit your wonderful staff as well as your lovely hotel.
Upon arriving, I thought the lobby, although clean & well-kept, was slightly simple for a "luxury" hotel & I didn't understand what kind of decor was really going on. (slight mix of modern & contemporary with classic undertone?) However, the gentleman behind the desk, Samy, greeted us warmly. Of course, service trumps design any day. My husband asked if we could have a view, and Samy took a minute to choose a room for us, saying he thought we would be pleased with a corner one. Once we entered the room, we were both happy to see the spacious, clean & nicely furnished room with a beautiful, panoramic view of the surrounding buildings & city. Needless to say, it met and exceeded our expectations. The bathroom was outfitted with Crabtree and Evelyn products & the shower was large. Great for my 6'3 husband who typically feels a bit cramped while showering. The bed was comfortable with fresh, crisp sheets and a soft duvet, the room was clean without the chemical smell that is sometimes prevalent in hotels. The Marquette was a fantastic deal for a fabulous stay & we wanted to personally thank-you for the experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious, contemporary-style hotel offers generous-sized rooms and some with computers and whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Hilton Hotels Minneapolis