The Marquette Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Los Angeles, CA
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We stayed here for a long weekend to attend a wedding. As first time visitors to Minneapolis, we had heard that this hotel was excellent and in a great location- and both proved true. I will preface this by saying that we had an outstandingly good rate (thanks to a wedding group discount!) which made the stay even sweeter.

The hotel is located right in the center of downtown which is lovely to stroll in summer (and it is connected to the indoor walkways, which I guess are necessary in winter). Room was standard business-class hotel, but clearly recently upgraded with a nice desk and chair, a VERY comfortable bed with nice linens, large plasma screen TV- great for watching Olympics! The bathroom was nicely appointed, but there wasn't much counter space and the spacious shower with glass doors was nice-looking but not well-sealed so water got all over the floor when we showered.

The staff, however, was outstanding. The front desk (despite the hotel being nearly full) found us a king room rather than the 2 doubles we had booked. They gave us good local dining suggestions. The bellhops were outstanding- pleasant, helpful, genuine all without being overbearing. We got cabs in < 1 minute in front of the hotel.

Overall, a very good hotel. Solidly upscale, but not truly luxury. A fantastic bargain at under $150 per night.

Oh- the wireless internet is not free, though they do apparently have a free business center.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justmyopinion76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 7, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Marquette and we absolutely loved our experience...from the interaction with the staff ( from the front desk all the way to their most gracious General Manager Mr. Gerard Viardin) to the most exquisite room on the 18th floor with every amenity one can think of, to the most delectable chocolates left for us...it truly was a memorable 2 day visit...we will definitely be back!

• Liked — beds
  • Disliked — nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
NE Wis
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Marquette to celebrate her 30th birthday. We normally don't stay at this level of hotel but wanted to celebrate the special occasion. However, we felt the entire time like we did not fit in and that much of the staff looked down upon us. The individual that checked us in was very cold and did not make us feel welcome at all. When we had questions, we felt like we were imposing on whomever we had asked. The exception to this was the bellhops, who were always very friendly. One particular bellhop went out of his way to help me obtain tickets for the evening's Twins game and give me directions to the stadium. We had an executive level room which, although possessing a great view, was nothing out of the ordinary for the price level. Overall, nothing made me feel like the price of the hotel was worthy of the experience. I'd advise staying in a less expensive room and using the savings on another part of a person's vacation.

• Liked — Good location downtown near shopping and restaurants
  • Disliked — Very rude, condescending staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SoxLeafs
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 29, 2008

This is really fine hotel. Check-in was smooth and when I was too dumb to realize I had to use my room card to reach the "executive floor" to which I was kindly assigned, a housekeeper on the 10th floor, seeing my confusion, barely speaking English, helped me. That was the way all staff behaved. The doormen were like counselors. All the staff were like that.

Even more important to me, housekeeping throughout the hotel was excellent. In my room, in the halls, in the lobby.

The location of the hotel makes it possible to walk to desirable downtown restaurants. The character of the hotel, classic, is the kind I really like.

I will stay at this hotel when I return to Minneapolis.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My family stayed at the Marquette while visiting Minneapolis. The rooms were beautiful, they especially liked the walk-in showers and luxurious bath linens. The beds were extremely comfortable and the kids loved the flat-panel TVs in the room. Upon arrival, they found gorgeous welcome baskets of fruit and wine waiting for them and they didn't last very long. The staff at the front desk and the lobby bar were extremely nice and helpful and treated my family with the utmost care and respect. I will definitely recommend the Marquette to anyone who asks where to stay in Minneapolis. Thank you.

• Liked — The beautiful walk-in shower and the beds, they were so comfortable.
  • Disliked — No pool.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We recently had a fabulous two night stay at the Marquette. Perfect location and pet friendly. 2 blocks from plenty of grass for the dog. We had an 18th floor suite that was wonderful. For 200.00 it is an unbelievable buy. A huge living room with very large flat screen tv and all glass windows with an amazing downtown view. There is a great bar area and a huge office desk also in the suite. The bathroom was large and clean and the bed was heavenly. Our small dog loved the space! It felt like a home not a hotel room.
We had a rental car which you park yourself in underground parking. Quite simple enough...there is no valet, which was not a problem because we were traveling light. Check in was a breeze as was check out. The gym was slightly outdated but served its purpose. Last year we stayed at the new Westin and had a tiny dark room with no view and we paid well over 300.00, to have a gorgeous suite for 200.00 was fabulous.
The hotel is right in the center of the shopping district and I would highly recommend the restaurant Nick and Eddies on Loring Park (10-15 min. walk). Also we ate at a great (LEED) restaurant The Red Stag 509 1st ave. NE. The food is all or mostly local and organic...very good.
The light rail is a block away from hotel if you want a direct route to airport without using a car.
We will definitely be back to the Marquette.

• Liked — the value of the huge suite and it also included free breakfast
  • Disliked — gym needs updating...squeeky equipment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Hmmm, what can I say? No specific problems, but for the price we paid I'd expect warmer staff and a bit more help from the staff when organising our trip. Yes, it had a biggish room with a huge TV and bath robes, but still it wasn't worth much more than the Americinn, Baldwin, WI. where we stayed the next night.

Can't think what the big deal is about this place. It's just another soulless, expensive city centre chain hotel.

Stayed June 2008