We have stayed here several times this winter. The rooms are nice, but the greeting at the front desk is very inconsistent. Often we have checked with the front desk, trying to book a room and get quotes of $150 and up. When we use a third party system (Hotwire, Priceline) we get prices of $79 and $89. When we call back to the front desk and ask if they will match or come close to that price they will not. That doesn't make sense to me because they would be making more money than paying the third party a commission.
So, we book through the third party. When you check in, you feel punished for having booked the reservation that way. Statements like, "We can't give you a king, even though you requested it, because you booked through a third party." "When you book through a third party, your Hilton honors do not allow you to have free internet." What is the point of being a Hilton honors member. I am not asking for points for the stay, just complimentary internet. Then they want to charge for each device. How ridiculous.
The room is very nice, but the customer service needs to be improved. There are way too many other options in downtown Minneapolis to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious, contemporary-style hotel offers generous-sized rooms and some with computers and whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct and Jetsetter so you can book your The Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Hilton Hotels Minneapolis