“What I expected... Very Nice Stay, with Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

The Marquette
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Minneapolis
River Falls, WI
“What I expected... Very Nice Stay, with Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My spouse and I stayed here for our aniversary and were very satisfied with the service, cleanliness and comfort of the hotel. We have stayed at many of the Downtown hotels, but had yet to experience the Marquette. The location of this hotel (in the IDS center) is very centrally located to all the shops and some very nice restuarants,

We were able to find a competative rate directly on Hilton's website and booked the room there. Once checked in, which went very smoothly, we made our way to our room. Upon exiting the elevator, we noticed a lot of noisey guests. As we found our way to our room, it turned out that the noise was coming from the room next to ours. Although our room seemed to be relatively quite, the noise did travel through the doors.

In and effort to avoid moving at a late hour, we inquired as to weather we could change rooms now. Our request was honored without question, and we were even given two complementary coupons for breakfast in one of the hotels restaurants. Very Nice touch.

Our Executive Level King was very spacious, with a great view of the city. King bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the executive lounge as well. A few of the light fixtures are in need of repair, but the rest of the room was very well maintained.

The reason for the "average" rating on the spa, we get a chance to use the health club.

We would highly recommend the Marquette Hotel to anyone staying in the Mpls. downtown area.

Room Tip: Executive Level floors are a nice option.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Marquette for our 20th anniversary last year. It is located within walking distance to anything you want to do and close to the light rail. They were very helpful with dinner reservations and tips for around the area. The consierge service was excellent! We are staying again this year.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Tammy A,

Congrulations on your upcoming 21st anniversary! and we are delighted you are coming back to spend this wonderful occasion with us.

We look forward to seeing you again, and thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.

Lisa Heller
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

In town on business and the Marquette is right there in the heart of it all. 1st appointment across the street in the Wells Fargo building. 2nd appointment right in the building housing the Marquette.

Did not try Basil, hotel restaurant, but loved the Mission which is connected indoors with the Marquette.

Excellent professional staff. Great EL. Top notch treatment for HH Diamond. Wish more Hiltons paid such attention to detail.

Lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Marquette in Minneapolis is a pretty good hotel. I will say that it is kind of expensive for what you get. The first room I checked into had a drape hanging on the window, a spider on the window (which wouldn't have been something to complain about if I hadn't asked that there was NO bugs at all, for the person I was traveling with). The manager on duty at the time was quite accommodating and helped us out immensely with everything we could have asked for. Overall, I'd say the location of this hotel is phenomenal and the staff is great, but I believe it could use a bit of a facelift in spots.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify you do NOT want an adjoining room (unless of course you want that with family...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank SPRTravel
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have always Loved The Marquette. I used to go there all the time for business and was so impressed that they always remembered me when I would come back. The customer service is excellent as well as the spacious guest rooms. I just went back again last week and was as happy as ever. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If you can score a corner room, then the room has a fabulous view and even...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We really like our stay here. The location is pretty central and it is connected to the skyway, so you can get everywhere easily. We also took the Light Rail to/from the airport and it's a quick 2 blocks to the Marquette. We had a large corner room with great views. Our king bed was VERY comfy! Quiet. Easy. What's not to like?

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC / London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just stayed here 3 nights for work. Stayed at the Graves etc but the room they gave me on the 18th Exec floor was massive! More like an apartment with a GREAT view of the city. Had a lot of facilities and found the bed to be really comfortable with very large pillows (just what I like). Wireless is strong, free and fast for a diamond HH member, good tv, lots of choice. Shower was great with a separate rain shower spout. Room service was great too.

My tip would be with the car park. My GPS took me to the front of the building where there's no pull-in or drop-off point so I continued round the block looking. There's a car park to the left of the front of the IDS center where you'll see the sign - don't get it confused with the numerous public ones close by. The hotel then gives you a pass to come and go as much as you like which I loved as I HATE valet. Bonus is it's a reasonable $20 a day for a well lit, clean, spacious car park.

Would definitely stay here again, the local is excellent. It's up the road from the Hilton which is also lovely but Hilton uses valet service.

Room Tip: Get Hilton Honors for the exec floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business