“Spacious Rooms and great Customer Service”

The Marquette Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Duluth, Minnesota
“Spacious Rooms and great Customer Service”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have always Loved The Marquette. I used to go there all the time for business and was so impressed that they always remembered me when I would come back. The customer service is excellent as well as the spacious guest rooms. I just went back again last week and was as happy as ever. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If you can score a corner room, then the room has a fabulous view and even...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
Idaho
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We really like our stay here. The location is pretty central and it is connected to the skyway, so you can get everywhere easily. We also took the Light Rail to/from the airport and it's a quick 2 blocks to the Marquette. We had a large corner room with great views. Our king bed was VERY comfy! Quiet. Easy. What's not to like?

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC / London
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just stayed here 3 nights for work. Stayed at the Graves etc but the room they gave me on the 18th Exec floor was massive! More like an apartment with a GREAT view of the city. Had a lot of facilities and found the bed to be really comfortable with very large pillows (just what I like). Wireless is strong, free and fast for a diamond HH member, good tv, lots of choice. Shower was great with a separate rain shower spout. Room service was great too.

My tip would be with the car park. My GPS took me to the front of the building where there's no pull-in or drop-off point so I continued round the block looking. There's a car park to the left of the front of the IDS center where you'll see the sign - don't get it confused with the numerous public ones close by. The hotel then gives you a pass to come and go as much as you like which I loved as I HATE valet. Bonus is it's a reasonable $20 a day for a well lit, clean, spacious car park.

Would definitely stay here again, the local is excellent. It's up the road from the Hilton which is also lovely but Hilton uses valet service.

Room Tip: Get Hilton Honors for the exec floors
1 Thank A_-_-_-HIM-_-_-_-P
Boston MA
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went to Minneapolis for a conference and chose to stay off the beaten path closer to mid-downtown. Researched a few hotels and chose the Marquette. Great choice. Contemporary hotel with great rooms and views. Clean linens, firm bed and modern amenities- flat screen tv, huge desk, mini-bar, safe etc.

Room services above average. In house restaurant- Basil's also worth mentioning.
Hotel is part of the "habit- trail" through Minneapolis should you chose to stay inside. I of course chose to venture out of doors and found that I had the best of both worlds during inclement weather.

Only downside that I saw was a charge for WiFi and printing at their business center. Really?
This is part of the Hilton chain of hotels and I must state that even the Hilton Garden Inn doesn't charge for this service.

Advice- stay on a higher floor. I stayed on the 7th floor and you could still hear the sirens during the night. The rooms were quiet and you could not hear your neighbors, unless of course they were screaming about the election night coverage!

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: no pool, stay on a higher floor
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was attending an annual meeting at the Convention Center, so this hotel was well-placed for my needs. The staff were friendly and were more than willing to help with whatever I needed. My room was on the 13th floor (!), but it was exceptionally large and comfortable with a pretty nice view as well. Room service was very prompt and personable. In fact, one morning we were roused very early by the fire alarm (thankfully, nothing major) and when I returned to my room, the lady who brought my room service brought me a new, warmer bagel so that my meal would not be cold. I thought that quite a nice touch. It is not the least expensive stay in Minneapolis, but I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I think, in my case, it was helpful to be on the Hilton Honors floor and my room was in a corner.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Loves Park, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for an event at the Convention Center ... turned out to be a great central location. Only about 6 block walk thru the Skyway system to the CC and there were plenty of restaurants, shopping, entertainment, etc. within a few blocks the other direction from the hotel.

Room was okay for the price ... clean, well maintained, etc.
Only annoyance was that the room was laid out so that the TV was not at the foot of the bed, but 90 degrees to the side on a dresser. Need to see the chiropractor after a bit of that.

Also for the price, thought there should be free wifi ... not ... $13.95 to $16.95 a day ... ouch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Can't fault the hotel for the weed smoker somewhere in the stack, but boy is it annoying to have poor ventilation. Burning my eyes and I just want to go to bed. Smell is just pouring thru the vents. Only 1 window has a crank so can't really get a whole lot of fresh air.

Other than that nice hotel. Lobby bar a bit pricey, but prompt service.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple