“Minneapolis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Minneapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Right in the midst of downtown Minneapolis. The Marquette is a smart modern hotel with a botique hotel feel. Small lobby, small bar, and big rooms. For the rate we paid it was a real bargain. The hotel is near shopping, Target Field, the football stadium, and the light rail from the airport came within two blocks of the hotel's front door.

Room Tip: Regular rooms have 450 square feet, and we were upgraded to a 550 square foot exectuive room. It was...
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been a Hilton Diamond VIP for the past decade, I spend 130 nights/year in a hotel, and I am in Minneapolis at least a dozen times/year. When I need to stay in downtown Minneapolis, the Marquette is the only place I want to stay. Aside from its iconic location adjacent to the IDS Center and Crystal Court, the updated and well appointed rooms set it apart, and it has one of my 3 favorite Executive Lounges in the Hilton Family in the U.S. (at least based on the many cities I travel to.) There are a lot of great places to stay in downtown Minneapolis, but if you are a Hilton loyalist like me, this is easily the best Hilton Family hotel in town. Happy to patronize the Marquette several times a year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We loved The Marquette. It seems to be in the absolute (downtown) center of this vibrant and fun city. Almost all attractions are within walking distance, most only 2 - 4 blocks. Target Field - 4 blocks; rail line to the airport and Mall of America - 2 blocks; Nicolette Mall -- 1 block, and so on. We were very impressed with the bus system in Minneapolis, but be aware that these buses are loud and are easily heard on the low floors of the hotel. The only other negative -- one that so many travelers take offense to - unless you are a gold Honors member or higher, there is a daily charge for wi-fi. Stay at a Hampton Inn for $125 per night and voila, free wi-fi. Pay $265 per night at upscale hotels and they have their hand out for another $10 - $12 per night for wi-fi. BOO!!
That said, the rooms at The Marquette are large, very nicely furnished, and the bed was most comfortable. Our new TV had to be at least 47". Elevator service is fast. All the staff members we came in contact with were professional, helpful and welcoming. A particular nod to Carlyle for his outstanding help during our stay.
If you are considering a trip to Minneapolis, we highly recommend The Marquette. It is a great value and the location is the best.

Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent a weekend in Minneapolis for our anniversary and the Marquette was an excellent choice of hotel! The standard (king) room exceeded our expectations in terms of size, style and cleanliness. Not to mention the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable.

The concierge, bartenders and bell hops were all extraordinary - extending exceptional customer service at every turn. When asking for directions to a nearby restaurant, the bell hop not only directed us but called the venue and made us a reservation!

I would definitely stay at the Marquette during my next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear BiancaCarbo,

Congratulations on your recent Anniversary! So glad you chose us and had a wonderful experience for this important occasion.
And thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor - we appreciate all feedback and we share these with our team members.
Hope to see you soon!
Chicago,IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Marquette was a nice hotel in a good location for our trip. We were in town to see Sox play the Twins. Very convenient to the stadium and restaurants. Rooms were nice and i did get upgraded to Executive level with my status. When we checked in, only one person working the desk...thought that was a little strange for a Saturday...when i was helped, she was very professional and helpful. They also have a nice lounge street level. Good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'd heard really good things about The Marquette. Decided to give it a try on a weekend recreational trip to the cities. My HHonors status provided an upgraded room to a slightly larger corner room. I thought the room was large, well appointed, and a nice bathroom. With all of that said, I didn't feel that the hotel offered any amenities that separate the hotel from other properties, and would never pay a premium to stay here, which is sometimes the case.

For executive lounge users - the lounge was good, with a nice view of the city. I thought the staff attending were a little to the point. In fact, I would have to say that the service here was moderate to good at best. Maybe it was just a bad weekend experience.

Room Tip: In the city, the higher the better - given the location view might be limited for many rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jra3,
I appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and value your feedback. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed your concerns with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again next time you travel to Minneapolis.
Thank you once again for your comments
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here for three nights when I was in town for some baseball games and really found this to be a great hotel.

Staff: Front desk was very efficient. Check in took less than five minutes and the young lady was very helpful in telling me about the various hotel amenities. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and my room was clean, but they didn’t empty the trash under the desk one day and I didn’t leave my room until 10:00 one morning and I had a note slid under my door saying that since I didn’t want service I would have to call for it. I think 10:00 am is a little early for that type of notice. I didn’t call but when I came back later, my room had been serviced, though they didn’t replace the coffee. Staff at the executive lounge was very nice. Doorman/bellman team members were also super friendly.

Facilities: I liked everything. My room was very clean (except for one unfortunate stain on the ottoman…I have no idea what that was and don’t want to know!). The exec lounge was nice with a great view of the Foshay Tower (now the W hotel). The gym was small but clean and well appointed. The Mark VII lounge was nice and comfortable. The best thing was the elevators. They were super fast and I rarely had to wait. I like that a lot.

Highlights: Quick elevators. Friendly staff.

Areas for improvement: There was a stain on the wall outside my room, looked like someone spilled a soda on the wall or something. That was there during my entire stay and it was noticeable so I think housekeeping should have cleaned that off, but otherwise I couldn’t find anything to complain about.

Location: Loved this location. It was two blocks from the Light Rail (30 minutes to the airport on the train!), very close to major bus lines on 8th Street and on Hennepin Avenue. Just a 10 minute walk to the Target Center or Target Field. A block from Macy’s and all the shopping on Nicollet Mall. Plenty of restaurants, bars, night clubs, theaters and music venues within a few blocks. Easy access to the running trails along the river or out to Cedar Lake.

Overall impression: I will definitely stay here again if I go back to Minneapolis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Watthree
Dear Watthree,
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay. I was very much pleased to read that you had the opportunity to stay with us for several days and that it sounded like a vacation (versus a work trip). It was good to hear the housekeeping comments, I've made sure these have been passed onto our Executive Housekeeper. We cannot improve without hearing everything!