1,976 results
All reviewsfire lakefirelake grilltarget centergreat hotelmodern decorlight railnicollet mallconvenient locationgreat ratefront desk staffbusiness tripbed was comfortablenice roomtwin citiestwins gameparking garagefew blocks
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed at this property because it was the conference hotel for a recent international meeting. Everything was good, until time to depart. There was no hotel personnel outside to summon a taxi, which we did. At that time, an altercation took place between taxi drivers which threatened our safety. One taxi driver from Minne Apple Taxi assaulted the driver we summoned and threatened us. We requested hotel security, which never showed up. This experience left us not wanting to return to Minneapolis and stay at a Radisson property.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I love the sleep number beds and comfy bedding here. I never sleep past seven, but gave myself the luxury of sleeping until 8:45 one day just for fun! The maids were really nice, but there were vitamin pills or something spilled all over the elevator lobby for hours one day. All of the other staff were helpful; the waiter in the restaurant remembered me and was very courtly. (Tyrone?) The location was convenient and I enjoyed walking around downtown Minneapolis. For once, I was not uncomfortable with the HVAC in a hotel-- I was always just right climate-wise. Noise wasn't much of a problem except for street noise (I was on the 12th floor). I enjoyed the liitle perks-- newspapers, water, coffee, sleep number bed, etc. I also LOVED the fitness center and used it every day. I liked having free internet, but service was slow and frequently interrupted.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My husband stayed at the Radisson Plaza last week, April 26-30. The location was great, being able to access the skywalk and get to all the other major buildings in the area. He said it was a pleasant walk from the hotel to the Mississippi and easy access to the paths and trails along the river.

His room was clean and the accommodations were great except for the major problem that his room faced the atrium and had no outside window. This would be a real problem if a guest were at all claustrophobic and it was not mentioned to him before booking or room assignment. It was dark, even in the mornings when he'd get up, which can be a bit depressing for those who live with large windows at home! This is an issue that was discussed here a while back-- just thought I'd give people another heads-up if they didn't happen to read back in the reviews that far.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank PenobscotMaine
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Great location downtown, excellent value for the size and amenities. Great restaurant and room service on site. Budget friendly on-site parking, easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping in the downtown area and Convention Center. Used the gym on the 17th floor which was well-equipped and large. The beds and bedding were VERY comfortable. The rooms are well-insulated to muffle noise. Great water pressure in the shower and fluffy towels. Good coffee in the room. The staff were always polite, friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. The restaurant on-site was excellent (we had breakfast and dinner). The service was always prompt and the food delicious and well-prepared.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank prairiejul
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Convenient downtown location. A couple of blocks off the light rail (6-7 minutes). Sleep number beds in the room are a nice touch if you have never experienced one. Very comfortable room and an attentive, helpful staff. Free Wi-Fi and laptop hook up in room. Apples and USA Today paper free in the lobby. Only negative, room had no view, we were on the 7th floor. Did not use the exercise room or sauna / hot tub. Cost for rental cars and parking at downtown hotels was high so we did not rent a car but took the light rail in from the airport for $2.25 and 25 minutes was not bad at all, very clean and safe. Target Field (5 min), Metrodome (5 Min) and Mall of America (30 min) all on the light rail route and buses connect off of different stops so really didn't need a rental car. Nicollet Mall, Game Works, Applebee's, Hard Rock, a theater and Shout Piano Bar just down the street and a 2 story Target around the corner. There are 2nd story skywalks to get from building to building and you can almost avoid going outside to avoid any winter weather if you prefer.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple