Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 6, 2010

First of all, we got the room free from a previous stay where they said our room wasn't cleaned to Radisson standards. Must have been a busy weekend to stay beings they didn't take time to make our room to their liking. So, you would think the second time around they would be up to par on cleanliness. ?.? When we got to the room i opened the window drapes and there was an empty ketchup bottle that was open and ketchup all over the floor. I realize things get missed so I let it pass and called to make sure I didn't get charged for the cleaning. They had a maid come up promply to take care of this matter. But what really got me was getting ready for bed and looking at the pillow shams and noticing tons of hair. Shams on both beds!!! Needless to say, I stripped the bed and slept with my own blanket and pillow I thank god I packed!
There was people in the room next to us that stayed up until 2:30am. They weren't partying by any means so I didn't want to call the front desk with a complaint but the walls were so thin you could almost hear every word they were saying.
Last, bring your own beverages. Both of the soda vending machines at money both trips I was there. Had to go to restaurant to get a refund so just an F.Y.I for if you are stuck downtown and don't have anywhere to go for a late night soda.

• Stayed: January 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed December 16, 2009

I rarely take the time to write up a review for either a hotel or it's event staff -- but the Raddison was such a unique experience, I would be remiss not to comment.

While the negotiations were agressive and could have produced a "chilly" reception, the fact is I, and our entire team, was met with extreme courtesy, efficiency and the legendary mid-western friendliness.

As an event planner, I cannot understate the value of having someone from the hotel available at all times to assist with last minute details like F&B, temperature, audio/video, etc. No matter the request/change, someone was on it within minutes.
Without exception -- seriously, without exception -- everyone connected with our conference and general stay was knowlegeable, responsive and friendly. Unheard of!

And, best of all, the physical hotel met the standards set by the staff. Well appointed, comfy, clean rooms, terrific restaurant/bar, very convenient location.

To my fellow event planners, book this hotel. Least stressful conference I've had in years!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Check in was a breeze and made me feel welcome. The hotel is clean, the restaurant is very good and the rooms were very roomy, fresh and comfortable. I did not use covered parking. I am sure in the summer this hotel is a hit, it has a water park in there. Close to shopping and gym is very complete. Overall great value. Not luxurious, but very good!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was able to get a very discounted rate at this hotel and with that had somewhat low expectations that the room would be as nice as the photos on the website. I was very surprised. The front desk was quick and easy. The room was clean and modern and the bathroom was very large. Parking was a bit pricey but its to be expected when staying downtown. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We booked the Radisson for convenient place to stay while in town for the Twin Cities Marathon. The hotel was very clean and very easy to find. We had shuttle service to the metrodome before the race, so no hassles there. We were able to park our car in the parking ramp directly under the hotel. Parking was $6 the first night and $19 the second, with the option of coming and going as needed. Basically, we parked our vehicle and since the hotel was in such a great location, we were able to walk to many local restaurants while in town. This was my first visit to the Twin Cities and i was impressed. It was very "clean" and overall a great experience. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and efficient. We were greeted immediately upon entering the hotel and were checked in in under 5 minutes! The same with checkout. We'll definitely consider staying here for future visits to the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was an easy walking distance from fun places in downtown Minneapolis. The rooms were upscale and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast in the restaurant offered interesting and delicious options.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was very nice. The room was large and roomy. I loved how they had bunkbeds tucked away for the kids.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family