“Great location, tasteful comfort”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was an easy walking distance from fun places in downtown Minneapolis. The rooms were upscale and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast in the restaurant offered interesting and delicious options.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was very nice. The room was large and roomy. I loved how they had bunkbeds tucked away for the kids.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The best customer service we've experienced in a long time. They will make your stay the best or refund your money! That's their guarantee right on the registration desk. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I was in town with my sister over Labor Day weekend for three nights. My sister is a travel agent so we ended up paying only 54 a night plus tax. The price is the reason we decided to stay at the Radisson. The hotel itself is geared toward business travelers. The first room that we where given had some mold in the shower so I advised the front desk who then moved us to a new room (no upgrade just different room). The hotel did move our luggage for us to the new room which I thought was really nice. The second room was very clean and the housekeeping was done on time. The sleep number beds was comfortable for me but my sister didn't like them. The gym looked nice and well equipped but I never really got a chance to use it. The hotel's location is great it's right next to Nicolett Mall. Parking was 6 dollars on the weekend and on Labor Day since it was a holiday. Otherwise I think parking is 28 dollars. I didn't have a problem finding parking in the ramp although I thought the parking spaces itself where kind of tight. Overall a really nice hotel. My only complaint is that I didn't know that this hotel puts a "hold" on your account if you pay with a debit card. My debit card has a visa logo but it still is a debit card. The hold ended up being 300.00 dollars during your stay and three business days after you leave. This was very inconvienant.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We spent three nights there. On the second night, we upgraded to a much bigger room for a small fee. I am sure glad we did. The rooms are very nice and clean. No complaints there. The lobby is small, but nice. They have a restaraunt in the hotel, but I wouldnt recommend it. It was super expensive and the food wasn't good. Everywhere you go, you have to walk, unless you want to pay for parking. The hard rock cafe was only two blocks away and had excellent food. Applebees and Hooters are also within walking distance. You are only 3-4 blocks from the train station & 1 block frim the nicollet mall. The hotel staff were great. Would recommend if you like big city living. Its not for me. Probably would not stay downtown again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I stayed at the Radisson Plaza hotel because I had business on Nicollet Mall. The location is great, whether you are going to the convention center or just being in downtown Minneapolis. The hotel in general is good. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathrooms were really nice and the shower had good water pressure. The only thing I did not like and I wanted to try it was the Sleep Number Bed. It was very mechanical and to be honest, not very comfortable. Beds are personal preference, but if you have never used one, I would suggest not to if you stay at this hotel. I don't know if all the beds are like this, but I would find out before booking. Overall, it was a nice hotel and well located for my needs.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank spoons99
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Great location all major sights within walking distance. The nightlife in the area on the weekend is a great time. I paid 1/2 the price I expected. The bedding was extremely nice and the bathroom is very comfortable and roomy. They have a rolling table that stores conveniently under the desk which was very useful!

Some negative (maybe I'm too picky) some mold on the outside shower curtain. The wireless internet was slow on the 9th floor. The hard wired internet was fine. I still give it a 5/5

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple