“Great stay and Excellent Staff”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I booked this stay with the intention of proposing to my girlfriend. I asked Roszetta, the Front Office Supervisor, for some assistance and she was able and happy to help with my plans. She helped my plans go from "pretty good" to "outstanding" and she made sure that we had a memorable experience.

The room was very nice, luxurious bed with an overabundance of pillows and warm blankets. THE ROOM WAS EVEN WARM WHEN WE ARRIVED ON A FRIGID DAY! The floors were sparkly and neat looking and the room was clean overall. The bathroom was magnificent with a tub and separate shower.

The location is great and within walking distance to anything you could want.

This was a great trip and everything met or exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle T, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and honored to be able to recognize Roszetta for her assistance in carrying out your plan! We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Michelle Torguson
Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been to this hotel a few times and I return for the professional and friendly service that I've received from the great staff here. The hotel is your typical city-business-chain environment, but it's under construction to be renovated into a Blu property, so that may change.
Regardless, come for the service, which beats most chains I've ever seen. The Fire Lake restaurant is wonderful for breakfast, and the beds are very comfortable. If you have to be in central downtown Minneapolis for some reason, I'd stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed one night in Minneapolis and used Priceline and scored this downtown hotel in July for under $100. Once there, I was upgraded! I only stayed 12 hours but had this nice view of downtown. I'm used to Holiday Inns so the room was wonderful and the bed was great. I worked out in this huge workout room with several pieces of equipment. I took a walk around the city the next morning before catching my flight. The Mary Tyler Moore statue is just around the corner and the Target sports arenas are not far away at all.

There is a charge for parking but wasn't unreasonable. The staff did a nice job of taking care of me.

I do not recommend this place for families.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Spent an overnight at this Hotel and the bed was so wonderful. Love the bedding, very plush and cozy. Staff were very pleasant. Room was clean. Nice they has a couple of waters without charge to drink. Free coffee was nice too in the room. Parking was easy 6 bucks in the ramp. All and All would definitely stay again..

Room Tip: Like the 24 hour gym. Good access to the night life of downtown Mpls. The skyway walk will take you...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel as we went to a Timberwolves game and wanted to be close to the Target Center to avoid driving after the game. The hotel is less than 2 blocks away so it was perfect for our family and for this reason. The front desk staff was very friendly when we checked in. Our room was nice and comfortable. The temperature of the room was hard to keep at a comfortable temp, just moving it a degree made a ton of difference. I went up to the 17th floor to check out he fitness center, as it was on the top of the hotel. The equipment was nice and I was disappointed I didn't have time to use the facility. The restaurant/bar in the hotel was nice, kind of spendy, and too fancy for our family, but it had good service, and what we did order was good food. At checkout, the guy at the don't desk did tell me they were doing a huge renovation of the hotel so told us to come back and check it out sometime. I would stay there again if I needed to be downtown again because we are not much for city driving especially at night when we are not sure of the roads we needed to be on.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gjrus
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious. The only things I didn't like is that the bed was quite hard and the shower didn't have enough water pressure. But other than that, no complains.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Nice hotel. Rooms were clean and service was pleasant. A good value while the hotel is converting to Radisson Blu - no noticable construction noise. Nice fitness facility. Close to good restaurants and nearby Target Center.

Stayed: January 2014