“Nice downtown hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vienna, VA
“Nice downtown hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This one-night business trip stay found pleasant, professional front desk staff and comfortable upscale room. The service quality in general exuded an approachable we-care-about-you quality. I definitely had a good night's sleep. The complimentary Internet access was a plus as many comparable hotels charge for this. The hotel had direct access to the downtown skyway system.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Thai first
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed just Saturday night so we could attend Holidazzle parade, see Macy's Santaland display and eat breakfast with Santa at Macy's on Sunday morning. Our stay was perfect! What a great location...mere footsteps or skyway steps from where we wanted to be. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and comfortable beds were noted. An early Saturday evening dinner at the hotel restaurant, Firelake Grill was enjoyed by all eight people in our group. We will come back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
dorsey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We picked this hotel due to it's proximity to the State Street Theater at which Billy Crystal was performing. We stayed on the club level which included breakfast , afternoon cocktails and snacks , and evening desserts and Starbucks coffee! I was able to get the price reduced through a special offer. Service was friendly and helpful. Room was spotlessly clean with a view. Ate dinner at Fogo de Chao across the street. The hotel's second floor connects with the skywalk, so you never have to go out into the elements to shop or dine!

• Stayed October 2013
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We bought the hotel through priceline for a 1 night stay. We were very excited that pets were allowed here. During our lobby check in with my dog and husband present. I was not notified about parking details or a pet fee of $85. The clerk swiped my card and said it's for additional damage charge from pet etc. 3 days later found a 105$ charge on my credit card from the hotel. We were not notified about the pet fee nor signed any paper allowing this. The clerk over the phone accused us of hiding our 50lb husky dog because we called them to ask about the unauthorized charge. In addition we asked to check out at 1pm, confirmed 3x with front desk. Went out to lunch came back, and was locked out of our room before 1pm. Beds were itchy x2 beds, I ended up sleep sitting on the chair.

Room Tip: check the beds make sure they are clean/comfortable before it is late at night!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tuyet H
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out and inform us about an inaccuracy on your room bill, and the service you received at our property. We understand the inconveniences this can cause. We apologize for the difficulties you encountered, but are happy to see the situation has been resolved. If you need further assistance, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel between 7 -9 Nov 2013. We arrived early at 11am. Our check in should have been 4pm. The staff were really helpful and offered us a disabled room. This was absolutely fine. We booked room only but did eat breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel.
The room was spacious clean and bright. It was cleaned each day. My only small gripe would be the lack of milk and tea bags provided. You get two small cartons. However we asked for more and they responded really quickly.
The food in the restaurant was really good and very reasonably priced for the size of portion and the fact it is a city centre hotel. We found it really easy to reach by getting the light rail which is inexpensive to use $1.75 per journey and the ticket last 2.5 hours so you can get on and off a number of times. We caught this from Minneapolis airport. It would have cost $50 in a taxi.
Nicollett Mall is next to the hotel and so is Saks 5th Avenue department store and Macy's..
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. The staff were really friendly and helpful.
I would also recommend the Brazilian restaurant close to the hotel. Fab food.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the first week of November, 2013. I became ill on my check out day and they helped me through with crackers and sodas. Great staff, nice amenities downtown. One of my best hotel experiences ever.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night. Check in was qwik, room was clean but nothing special. The real fun started at 3:30 am with a party next door. Had to call to the desk 2x as it continued till at least 4:30am. I was surprised to hear these clowns when I checked out at 10:45 as they should have been booted. Maybe offer a free stay or give me some type of credit. Only offered a free breakfast. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank addison09
Michelle T, Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you both for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor.
While I regretted reading about the noise you experienced, we learn more from frank honest feedback than from praise and we look forward to an opportunity to retain your business both for our hotel and for the brand. I too have had my night’s sleep disturbed while staying in a hotel in the past. I know that this is not only frustrating at the time but can also affect productivity the next day, and I am sorry. Providing a clean, comfortable, and quiet environment is paramount to our product and the success of your stay with us.
We have a two strike rule for guests who violate our disturbance policy and we know that it is our responsibility to ensure that each guest has the right to a good night’s sleep. I regret when reported that we did not take quicker action to rectify the situation. I will ensure that I utilize your correspondence to review our current policies again with our staff to improve in the future.

Regards,