1,979 results
All reviewsfire lakefirelake grilltarget centergreat hotelmodern decorlight railnicollet mallconvenient locationgreat ratefront desk staffbusiness tripbed was comfortablenice roomtwin citiestwins gameparking garagefew blocks
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for three nights, for a conference. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with warm comforters on the beds. The beds were very comfortable, as were the pillows. One "living room-type" chair and a floor lamp to read by. I liked having a reading lamp at each side of the bed. There was also a work desk and a small table under it that could be pulled out for additional work space. The heating/cooling system didn't work well; even when the thermostat was @ 62° it was still warm. For someone who would be working in their room, the room was fine.

The location is great - right in the heart of Minneapolis. I was able to walk to the Mississippi, cross over on one bridge and come back over another - a nice 3.5 hour loop, at a strolling pace. There were many restaurants and stores within six blocks.

All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Visiting Minneapolis for the first time in many years, convention was in town, so hotel rooms were at a premium.

Very convenient location, close to the office, everything in walking distance.

Hotel staff were very efficient, room was spotless, but the internet was slow! I guess we all expect high speed internet to mean just that.

Only disappointment was the service at the bar, as it was late, I had to eat at the bar, indifferent service, and what I requested was not what was delivered. Very sloppy.

Sticker shock at check out, not value for money.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed in the Radisson plaza Minneapolis for only one night.
Unfortunately, this is not sufficient time to experience the hotel properly. Still, I would wish to mention the friendly and helpful staff. The location of the hotel was very good (especially if you are into shopping). The Room I stayed inn was quite old, but still provided a very good night sleep. I liked the fitness room, it was on a high floor (unusual), and provided me with the facilities I needed for my workout.
Should come again with my wife, she will better appreciate the shopping around :-)

Room Tip: Fitness Room is on the 17th floor so don't run to the basement as you used to :-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and I have never been disappointed. The rooms are large and spacious, the beds are comfortable (I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud), the workout room is fantastic (located on the 17th floor and not on some dingy basement) and the hotel personnel is delightful. The highlight of my day was being cheerfully greeted by Larry every time I went down to the restaurant to get my breakfast. The nighttime bartender was also very helpful and friendly.

The Fire Lake restaurant is surprisingly good (I usually distrust hotel restaurants). Some of my favorites were the oven-fired mozzarella pizza, the Walleye burger and slaw, and the wood-grilled asparagus.

I heard that the hotel is undergoing a $22-million renovation to become a Radisson Blu. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room on a higher floor not overlooking the atrium (unless you want absolute silence).
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle T, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you both for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide the great review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.
I thank you for your business and loyalty. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Regards,
Michelle Torguson
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson for two nights. The location is great for shopping, restaurants and easy access to other parts of Minneapolis. Friendly and easy check in and check out. The carpet is a bit old, but I have seen worse. The bed was most uncomfortable probably due to being old. The parking is tight and on two nights when we came back the lot was full, so you can not count on having parking even though you have paid for it. We did not eat at the hotel, so I can not comment on the food or service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family