Last week we did the Hotwire mystery hotel dance and were very disappointed to get the Radisson Plaza in downtown Minneapolis. I am glad to report that we were very wrong in our pre-judgement -- the Radisson provided an excellent stay.
We arrived on a Thursday night and parked in the convenient and well-lit hotel garage. The price was a bit high ($19.00) but we were tired and grumpy and wanted to eat dinner. Once inside we were greeted by friendly desk staff and offered an upgrade to the concierge floor for $25.00. I'm glad we accepted -- because the room was great. I'm sorry to say I've forgotten the man's name (Dedvit?) but he gave us several recommendations for eating out and for checking out the sites around town and the ones we made it to -- were great. We stayed until Sunday morning and during our stay we tried out the hotel restaurant (FireLake Grill) the concierge, and the fitness room — all were excellent. Overall we definitely recommend this hotel. Our biggest complaint -- the lobby concierge desk was barely staffed and when someone was available they had absolutely no clue.
- Clean large room and bathroom
- Nice concierge room with a beautiful view of the city
- Good wine and excellent breakfast provided in the concierge room
- Friendly staff
- Quiet air conditioning
- Beautiful Fitness room and bathrooms
- Concierge floor concierge -- only open from Monday - Thursday and Friday (morning only)
- Slow to cool air conditioning
- Paper-thin walls
- Dirty grout in the bathroom
- Expensive parking
- First floor concierge -- clueless
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new iconic Radisson Blu Minneapolis has been dramatically redesigned to interact with the buzz in the beating heart of downtown Minneapolis. The hotel offers world-class, upper-upscale hospitality, exceptional service with our unique Yes I Can! Philosophy, 29,000 square feet of flexible event and meeting space and a location sensation: where history and heritage meet contemporary innovation and culture. Enjoy so much, so close-the Radisson Blu is conveniently situated just moments away from the vibrant theater and business districts and within two blocks of Target Field, Target Center, premium shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Carlson, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Radisson