“Our favorite Mpls hotel”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota
“Our favorite Mpls hotel”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed again at the Radisson in downtown Minneapolis for a weekend of shopping, theater, & celebrating our anniversary. We absolutely love this hotel. You can get a reasonable rate on the weekends. Nice location. Staff is very friendly & helpful. Their restaurant is very good, especially for breakfast. The rooms are spacious & nicely furnished. It is very quiet, even when the hotel is busy (seems to me); you feel insulated from any outside noise. We always choose to stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snowy_and_sunny
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your thoughtful TA post!
People often compliment how quiet most of our rooms are especially for a city hotel.
We look forward to serving you again soon in the Twin Cities.

Regards-
Rob
Rob Smith
r.smith@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Thai first
Minnesota
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Radisson with friends for a quick night away in DT Minneapolis. The location is ideal. Close to many restaurants and bars. Rooms are comfortable and clean. We commented the next morning how quiet it was while sleeping.
Nice bar at the hotel and the restaurant seemed busy. Would recommend for location but also for value and cleanliness.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jan4645
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Oh boy - this room was so clean I thought we were the first to stay in it!!! Sometimes you are reluctant to put your bag just anywhere, not here! The bathroom was spotless too. We picked the Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis for the location - an easy walk to wonderful restaurants for our girls night out!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lynn N
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I found my stay to be wonderful. The staff greeted me from the moment I walked through the door, and were very helpful throughout my stay. I highly recommend this Radisson to anyone traveling to the Minneapolis area.

1 Thank Jason G
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I travel for business to Minneapolis several times a year. Over the years I have stayed at almost every major hotel in the city - most WAY overpriced for the quality of room. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis. This was my first stay and will not be my last. You can walk, shop, or dine anytime of year with easy elvator access to the downtown heated indoor SkyWays taking you to popular shopping or dining destinations. The BEST surprise was the FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar located on the hotel property. My co-workers and I ordered amazing meals ranging from Elk, Duck, Fish, Steaks, Chicken, and their signature Pork Chop dish. An excellent option for downtown Minneapolis!

Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed February 28, 2013

From Samson, the Bell Man at the door to Hannah the professional but friendly clerk that checked me in ....they all at the the Radisson Plaza in Minneapolis were marvelous! I wouid highly recommend you to stay at this conveniently located hotel for any business or personal travel.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 15, 2013

It's been fifteen years since I stayed at this property. It was great then, it's very nice now. The restaurant food was very good, prices reasonable. However, room service fell short. Timing was fine but the order was screwed up two ways.
The people are outstanding, No complaints about the bed at all. The rest of the room needs some sprucing up. I was told they are about to undergo a massive renovation so that might be something to consider when booking your Minneapolis trip. The skyway will get you all the way to the convention center, depending on what day and time you want to go.
Oh, and I Pricelined it and got it for $70/nt. That was a steal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business