“Great staff, Minneapolis Radisson, superb beds”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just spent a week here with work, the staff are excellent and can't do enough for you, I had a problem with my room and that was sorted immediately. Rooms are spacious and the heating air con units work almost instantly, food in the restaurant is typically America, more volume than quality, but nothing wrong with it,
This is the first hotel I have used that has a bed where you can adjust the firmness - brilliant

Room Tip: Get a room to the rear, there's less traffic, but avoid those with an outside light right above...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tangsoored_11
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently stayed here February 2nd for an annual guys night downtown/Timberwolves game. I got a great deal off of Hotwire for $64/night plus taxes and fees so it was a steal. We arrived shortly after check in and parked in the hotel parking ramp. We were given a voucher for $6 parking that was charged to the CC that was on file. Great deal and we didn't have to search for parking. Check in was fine, nothing special. Got to the room and it was a nice room but hated the closet location. The bathroom was tucked in the corner and when you opened the door you basically ran right into the closet door. Sad as it is, you really had to pay attention when you were coming out of the bathroom. We ordered take out and expected the delivery person to come to our room but instead the hotel would not allow the delivery person to come up and instead we had to go down to the front desk to get our food. The hotel is in a great location, about 3 blocks from the Target Center and several bars. I was a little surprised that you couldn't check out on the TV as most hotels have now gone to this. Full disclosure I certainly may have missed this feature when we were checking out. Overall the hotel was just fine and did it's job. I'd definitely stay here again if I happen to get a great deal on Hotwire again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

For early February and below zero temperatures location was key!! This hotel was perfect walking distance to many bars with an off-sale 2 doors down. The hotel has an amazing restaurant that is not too over-priced. Appetizers approximately $9-12. The parking is very reasonable at only $6 a day, amazing considering downtown minneapolis!! The hotel is very quick walking distance to clubs and restaurants. Especially appreciated that after 11pm a hotel employee required a key card to obtain access to the elevators. Felt very safe. Nice, decent hotel rooms for the price. Wish the hotel would have had a jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Hotel has a floor 13 which we stayed on. =) Many comments were flung around that it shouldn't e...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The only thing I liked about this hotel was the location. The location could not be beat. It was on 7th ave right near Nicolette mall, so walking distance to everything. Target, Saks, Marshalls, Panera Bread, Bannes and nobles, chipotle, The light rail to the airport and mall of america is on 9th and nicolette mall so only 2 1/2 blocks from hotel! Macy's is connected to the hotel. Awesome location. Now on to the hotel. I hated it. Practically no lobby. The front desk was not at all friendly. Mostly young men and women in their 20's who were not rude but not friendly either Tthet gave me the worst room in the hotel. It was like being in a room with no window. Yes there was a window but no sunlight coming in. When you looked out it you saw rusted white a/c and heating duct work. Very offensive. When i complained they told me they were full. The rug in the room was ripped and the maids were horrible. I was there 1 week and the first night they never cleaned it. The second night by 5pm no one came so we had to call to get them to come. The other days they came but forgot to refill coffee or soap or something. The furniture in the room was old and worn. I would not go back. I'd try the marriott across the street.

Room Tip: tell them to give you a street view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pedromichael
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We also apologize for the disappointing service your received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Robert Smith who is the General Manager. You can also email us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com ~Dana

Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was our Anniversary and we were upgraded for our one night stay to the concierge level.(thanks Radisson)
The service was excellent and the snacks and breakfast were top notch. The room was huge and nice. the hotel has been around a while (the last time I stayed here was the night the Twins won the 1991 World Series), however they have done a good job with keeping the property in good shape.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larsmatic
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for years now and it has always been a pleasure. The reception is great, friendly staff, always have my preferences in mind. Rooms are fine, not the largest I've been in but functional and a good bathroom. Beds are great, large screen TV.
Restaurant is fine, a premier grill house, great tasting food. The menu is comprised of regulars and specials also seasons specials, this could vary a bit more. Im there a couple of times a year and I can recite at least part of the menu. Prices are what you would expect from a downtown, pricey. They do however deliver against these prices. Service is great, very friendly and especially my friend Susan at breakfast deserves a lot of credit. She is mindfull, attentive and knows my preferences.
Change the menu a bit more often and an update which i know ou are working on and next time it will be 5 stars, as far as Im concerned.

Room Tip: always try for a street facing room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked a last minute room for a Friday night. Sure, it was a cold January day, but the price for the room we got was fantasic. A downtown hotel at this rate was amazing, and with parking only $6 (instead of the normal $19 per day the garage charges) it was a real bargain.

The hotel was easy to get to, is part of the skyway system, and has wonderful amenities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family