1,979 results
All reviewsfire lakefirelake grilltarget centergreat hotelmodern decorlight railnicollet mallconvenient locationgreat ratefront desk staffbusiness tripbed was comfortablenice roomtwin citiestwins gameparking garagefew blocks
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Raddison Plaza was the first stop before leaving for our honeymood, so it has alot of memories. The location is great, and the staff are courteous and professional. We have stayed in standard rooms, but where they really shine are the suites. We have stayed both in executive sweets, and once in the whirlpool sweet. It does not disappoint.

There were some issues with housekeeping on our 3rd trip there, but management handled them quickly and not only moved us, but sent us both a desert tray, and credits for the onsite restaurant to our new room. The pork chops are to die for.

We will be back, and highly recommend!

Room Tip: Get an executive sweet if you can. The oversized bathtubs are almost nicer than the whirlpool suite, and the addition of the living room space is great if you want to eat in, or need to get work done as well.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark F
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed at the Radisson a number of times now and enjoy my stay every time. I recently stayed here for 5 nights in early December for a work conference.

I actually booked the Radisson through hotwire (I knew it would be the Radisson) and so was very much looking forward to my stay. The location is great being right down town, only a few blocks from almost anything you could want : Restaurants, Target for shopping, bars, sports venues etc. Check in is always simple with very efficient staff. This time I only get a room with two double beds rather than the king sized beds they normally offer but do understand that given that I was on a very cheap rate.

The rooms themselves are very nicely appointed. Its a pity they don’t offer a safe in the room but there is a safe behind the reception should you wish to store anything. The bathrooms are large and offer a nice range of bath products. There is a large TV with 50+ channels so can’t complain.

A nice surprise from the last visit was that the gym has been re-done with all new equipment (the old equipment was getting very old). Quite surprising to me was the number of people using the gym but there was always enough room for everyone.

I ate at the fire lake grill ones while there (see my other reviews) and can highly recommend it for a great meal or drink at the bar.

All in all I can highly recommend the Radisson Plaza. It has a great location, friendly staff, well appointed and comfortable rooms, a nice new gym and a great restaurant. What more could you ask for???

Room Tip: Ask for a king sized bed. Floors 7 and 11 have the vending machines and ice vending on them.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Savitar
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for your recent stay as well as for a great TA review. We are glad you enjoyed our staff, service, and location. We do have in room safes slated for all of our guest rooms as a part of a slated upgrade in 2013. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Regards-
Rob
Rob Smith
r.smith@radisson.com

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We re booked at the Radisson this past weekend for a weekend to Christmas shop, see the Holidazzle parade, the Macy's display, and try the Melting Pot. This has always been our 'go-to' hotel, although we have stayed a few other places nearby in the past as well. This time however I feel like we enjoyed ourself more than usual. We didnt get there until 10pm or so on Friday, and the staff made sure the requests we made online were met, which in the past I don't remeber them checking with us about those. FireLake was only open for 45 more minutes by the time we got to our room, so we hurried downstairs to gt a table. We had a small wait but was able to get a table. Despite being short on time, the waitstaff did not rush us whatsoever and our waiter was great. The food was fabulous and it always is when we eat there. Took desert to go, and were able to add our bill to our hotel bill with no extra charge which was nice. Saturday after sleeping in, and we walked around town to find lunch. So close to everything! Makes walking in the breeze no big deal. Being so close to the parade, Macy's and not even a four block walk to Melting Pot was awesome. We had to leave early Sunday due to the snowstorm..we would have loved to have breakfast at Firelake:( no real complaint however I felt like the bathroom felt more narrow than some of the other rooms we have stayed in. The coffee maker also died on me Sunday morning so I had to pay $3 for a coffee at the bar. Also, I remember sleep number beds the last few times we have stayed and we didnt this time. I don't like sleep numbers so I was fine with it, but my boyfriend was looking forward to that. Excellent stay once again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you both for your recent stay as well as taking the time to give such a great TA review!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great location. I am happy that our new programs designed to ensure guest requests are recognized was effective. I do regret that your coffee maker was defective and look forward to buying you a cup of coffee on your next visit. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our brand new Simmons Pillow Top Sleeper beds, we have been getting rave review.

Hope to see you on your next visit to the Twin Cities.

Regards-
Rob
Rob Smith
The Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis
r.smith@radisson.com

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Went into the Twin Cities for a weekend and selected the Radisson Plaza and were certainly pleased. Love the proximity to Macy's and other area attractions. We ate our special evening meal at the Fire Lake Grill and all I can say is it was great. The service was wonderful and the food was so good. Also ate breakfast there and everything was great. The wild rice pancakes were so tasty. The entire staff was so great and always there for you. Did the Romance package and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the proximity to Macy's to visit Santa and see the Holidazzle parade. I was surprised how well everything worked out. They gave my older daughter a folder filled with activities and crayons. Also included was a list of local kid friendly restaurants. Macy's was right next door and staff told us when the parade was to start and gave us a tip to watch on the skywalk if it was too cold. When we decided that we needed to eat in instead of trying a restaurant, staff gave us lots of delivery menus and told us which pizza was the best. Room was nice, too. Clean, well appointed (lots of pillows, crib, ect). Parking is cheap on the weekends. We'll stay there again for ball games, shopping, or whatever. The pre-paid price was as low as staying in the suburbs!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family