“Modern, Convenient Location in Minneapolis”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Solid hotel stay here! We visited for a friends wedding in Minneapolis and I was very pleased with my stay. The rooms were large and spacious, and the front desk was very accommodating in getting me a room next to my friends even though I waited to book at the last minute.

I booked through HotelTonight, who had a great deal on this room (and other hotels) in Minneapolis. The dining area was nice and had great breakfast options. The hotel was also helpful in allowing me to extend my stay one more day in the same room. The hotel is so close to everything downtown and the staff was very helpful in giving tips on places to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a great TA report.
I will be sure to pass along your words of praise to our staff and we hope to serve you again soon when your travels bring you back to the twin cities.

Rob Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We went to the Royals -Twins game, could not have picked a better hotel for going to the game and exploring downtown. The stadium was a 5-10 minute walk, and there were plenty of places nearby to go have a drink in. The hotel was very nice, rooms were perfect and the beds were supercomfortable. My only compliant was the prices on the hotel restaurant. $4.50 was ridiculous for a glass of orange juice. Besides that, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you were going down to see the twins or timberwolves play

Room Tip: Ask for a city side view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank newday30
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Spent 3 nights in Minneapolis to attend graduation at the U. Location just up the street from the theater district on Hennepin and Nicollet Mall is perfect. Three levels of underground parking at the hotel facilitates access. There is a reduced rate for hotel guests that includes in-and-out privileges. Check in was fast and pleasant as was check out. I was given a king bed on the 7th floor that was particularly comfortable. One of the 5 pillows on the bed was feather, which I prefer. Breakfast at their restaurant was good. One thing I appreciated was the carafe of coffee they brought, instead of having to wait for a refill. My room overlooked 7th St. but except for the occasional siren noise was no problem. Having nothing to do with the hotel, navigating Minneapolis is a pain, particularly around the East Bank University area. Streets are closed randomly, apparently for light rail construction.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

This was my third or fourth stay here and as usual the staff was very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are a little worn and due for a refresh but I'd still recommend this hotel for any traveler, business or personal, and I look forward to staying here again. Note: the rooms on one side of the building overlook a surreal-looking, all-white interior courtyard, so there's no view at all. Weird, but if you don't need a view (or daylight) these rooms are quieter than the street-facing ones.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was in Minneapolis for business, staying at the Radisson Plaza hotel. Initially, I was assigned a clean and attractive room on the 9th floor, but it was located in the interior part of the hotel without adequate natural light. I immediately called the front desk and asked to be reassigned to another room. The front desk gave me a room on the Club level without me requesting it. I felt like the hotels friendly staff went above and beyond to ensure I felt accommodated.

The bed and bed linen were of phenomenal quality; I did not want to leave the bed, ever. Although I did not eat in the restaurant, I did eat in the meeting rooms. The hotel food was superb.

My only negative is that there was no safe in the room, or at least I could not find it.

In simple terms, this is a great property that is committed to the business of hospitality. If your business travels take you to Minneapolis, you should strongly consider the Radisson Plaza.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson for a weekend getaway. The location is perfect and the hotel staff are top notch. Very comfortable rooms along with reasonable parking rates for downtown Minneapolis. At checkout we discovered our vehicle had a dead battery but no worries---we went to the front desk and they had someone from their maintenance staff (great man unfortunately I forgot to ask his name) meet us in the ramp with a portable charger and our vehicle was started within 10 min!! He refused to take any monies for his assistance, instead his comment was "just come back and see us again"--How awesome is that?!?!?! We will definitely be staying at the Radisson on a future trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Valued Hotel Guest-

Thank you for your recent stay and for a great TA report! We will make sure that we recognize the exceptional service you outlined in your report and find out which engineer provided it. We look forward to having you back with us when your travel schedule finds you back in the Twin Cities.

r.smith@radisson.com

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The title says it all. Everything from checkin, the room, amenities to departure was fine. One highlight was the restaurant. Very good. In summary I have no complaints and would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

We want to thank you both for your recent stay and for taking the time to write an insightful TA report. We are very proud of our restaurant Fire Lake and we appreciate the fact that you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to serving you again when you find yourself here in the Twin Cities.

r.smith@radisson.com