2,000 results
All reviews fire lake firelake grill target center great hotel modern decor light rail nicollet mall convenient location front desk staff business trip bed was comfortable nice room twin cities twins game parking garage few blocks downtown
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went in September 2011 for a visit to the new Twins ballpark. The immediate location is ok and the overall spot is good for walking to-from a Twins game.

There appears to be a pretty good restaurant in the hotel lobby and you are within walking distance to a few good local eateries, including Ike's. Here's the room breakdown:

Size: normal sized room with 2 double beds.
Cleanliness: looked to be very clean upon checkin with little/no dust and/or stains
AC: seemed to work well, weather was starting to get cooler but we did use AC sparingly
Bathroom: normal bathroom with curtain tub/shower combo
Beds: Sleepnumber beds, of which I could settle on my # for comfort... ok comfort.

Fully non-smoking hotel... we did have some people "partying" in an adjacent room, which is always annoying, and odd for middle of the week Minneapolis. A call to the front desk seemed to quiet the noise with a couple minutes though.

A good overall stay, but I would probably look for a different hotel next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 2011Bruins
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear 2011Bruins,

Thank you very much for providing such positive feedback about our location, cleanliness, and comfortability. We appreciate it greatly.

I apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay, but am happy that our security staff was able to take care of that promptly.

I do hope you reconsider and give us another chance the next time you visit Minneapolis. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very nice and the lobby is gorgeous. The location (right downtown Minneapolis) is great with access to the downtown attractions, restaurants, and shopping via the skyway system. However, it is a bit expensive, doesn't have a pool, and security is questionable (a housekeeper let my friend into my room without identification or verifying with me that I wanted her there.)

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Sara Rathman,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I am glad you enjoyed your room and our great location.
I sincerely apologize for the lapse in security. I can assure you this is not common practice, and we take our guests' safety very seriously. I have personally spoken to our Executive Housekeeper and he will follow up with his staff.
I do hope you return as our guest the next time you visit Minneapolis. We look forward to having you!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

From check-in to check-out, everyone on staff was courteous and professional. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the maid service superior. I was particularly impressed by the breakfast menu at FireLake, the lobby-level restaurant: Minnesota walleye hash with organic poached eggs and hollandaise, red berry risotto with almonds and honey, strong coffee. Breakfast was the only meal I had there every day and the service was wonderful, friendly and fast. The downtown location was convenient to shopping. It felt like a well-run hotel from the top down, something I don't find that often.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Julie B
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear Julie B,

Thank you so much for such a positive review! It prides me to know that you received such exceptional service from our "Yes I Can!" staff and the cleanliness of our rooms met your expectations.
I am so glad you enjoyed the wonderful food from our "FireLake Grillhouse & Cocktail Bar" and hope that you try our fabulous lunch and dinner menu next time!
I hope your travels bring you to Minneapolis soon, and look forward to your next stay with us!

Best Regard,

Reviewed February 13, 2012

If you need to be downtown, this is a great location. Very nice folks (as you might expect in this town) at the front desk and throughout the hotel. Fitness room is above average with some nice weight machines. Restaurant at the hotel is very good for breakfast and dinner. Connected by Skyway to Macy's and other commercial buildings. Didn't need my coat in February.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark F
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Dear Mark F,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our great location and friendly staff! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our newly renovated fitness center and wonderful restaurant, the Firelake Grillhouse.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We have stayed here twice in the past 6 months. Once we used the "Shout House" special and once we used a Groupon. It is a very nice place with a perfect downtown Minneapolis location. Staff is very friendly, and helpful. I will stay here again, if I am starting downtown Minneapolis

Room Tip: Go on the "Shout House" web site, and see their deal for this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Dear travelor 1156,

Thank you so much for returning to our hotel and for your kind words on TripAdvisor! I am glad you enjoyed your past stays and hope to see you again!

Thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff. We are very proud of our "Yes I Can" service.

I hope your travels bring you back to Minneapolis.