Graduate Minneapolis
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$110
Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$89
$161
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Northstar(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$102
$161
$152
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$152
$106
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Snelling Motel(Minneapolis)
$90
1,030 results
All reviewsbeacon restaurantlight railbeacon public housefront deskstarbucks attachedfire pituniversity campusgreen linemedical centertcf stadiumhotel shuttlechecking outshuttle serviceself parkingcommonsapplebeesheidi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The hotel is nice, clan and very comfortable. Love the fire place in the lobby.

Good location as they are plenty of restaurants near by and a couple of supermarket not far away. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

I think it is a great hotel as long as you are not place in a room directly opposite the lift! The room I am in is very noise, every time the lift arrive, you hear ding ding! PLUS people chatting while they are waiting for the lift. It is very hard to get to sleep before midnight! It is also happen the morning when people are waiting for the lift to go down.
can not sleep in!

if you got the room with number 4 at the end, do change it.

I also think if the hotel provide bathrobe and slippers as well as tea making facility would add more luxury feel to the place. Hotel's amenity is good but best if they get refilled!

Room Tip: Not in front of the lift!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hello, thank you so much for stopping by to leave your thoughts! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was convenient. It is also great to hear that our staff were able to assist with everything you needed. I do apologize for the noise by the elevator. If you are able to make it back to the area, please give us a call ahead of time and we can be sure to book you away from anything that might cause noise. We are definitely always looking to enhance our product, so I will make sure your comments get shared with our team. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had some back luck during my stay, but I think they are indicative of a wider problem at the hotel, that is, that groups are clearly more valued than individual travelers. Two bits of evidece: (I) On first night, the adjoining rooms were occupied by a group of student-athletes, who were very excited about hanging out. The doors made a lot of noise with coming and going. I complained, and the front desk did try to quiet things down. It was better, but the problem was not resolved. Next morning I had to wait ninety minutes to speak to management about it. (I was offered a better room for the next night, but I didn't see the point of packing up and switching for a single night.)
(II) There is a shuttle for trips downtown; it was fully booked for a wedding party. So, on an amazingly cold day, I had to arrange my own travel back. (I took a city bus, no big deal.)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for your comments, nescio2. I am glad you found great value with staying at our hotel. The campus is a unique environment, and we see many groups, and individual travelers here at The Commons Hotel. It is our goal to provide a high level of personalized service to everyone, and I'm sorry we fell short. The next time travels bring you to Minneapolis, please call on my reservations team. They can help make sure we provide you with the high level of service you deserve, and keep you away from visiting groups to the University. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Unbeatable location when attending an event at the U of M Aquatic Center. Staff is incredibly helpful and knowledgable. They definitely went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. The rooms are nicely decorated, incredibly clean and very comfortable. I highly recommend The Commons.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments, and above all, your recommendation to our perspective travelers. That is not something the staff takes lightly. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to your next stay! Thank you for your business!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel has been remodeled since we last stayed here and it looks great. All Hotel employees were friendly, efficient and pleasant. We had drinks at the Beacon, service was great, drinks were ok and ambiance was very comfortable. Great bed linens and comfortable beds. I really liked all the open gathering space which worked well while waiting for other families we were traveling with.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us during Boys Swim! It was an exciting time here on campus. I am glad you enjoyed our public spaces. They have been featured in many magazines and other national publications for their "Homey" feel. I hope your swimmers did great, and that your team thinks of us again next year. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Common's hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Highly Recommend. Excellent valet service, very quick and friendly. Proximity to the Minnesota Athletic Complex was a huge plus!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your compliments, Nancy! I will make sure to let the staff and bell stand that you enjoyed their service. I am happy to hear you were close to everywhere you needed to be. We hope to welcome you again soon!