Graduate Minneapolis
University Inn(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$149
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$178
$157
$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$147
$132
  • Breakfast included
$249
$199
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$273
$104
$169
Loews Hotels
1,030 results
All reviewsbeacon restaurantlight railbeacon public housefront deskstarbucks attachedfire pituniversity campusgreen linemedical centertcf stadiumhotel shuttlechecking outshuttle serviceself parkingcommonsapplebeesheidi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Easy to find and very close to Coffman Union as well as the stadium on the UMN-TC campus, the Commons Hotel offered a perfect hotel experience. The architecture itself is magnificent-- very beautiful inside out and, and even offers an outdoor seating area with a cozy fire pit for the cool Minnesota evenings. The room was fabulous-- my view was spectacular. I could have slept in the bed happily for days. And the staff were very welcoming, helpful, and always had a smile on their faces. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad you found our hotel to be comfortable enough to stay for days and days. We would have loved for you to stay longer. Come back and see us again soon! We can't wait to welcome you back. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for a few days, attending a conference at the university. The first night when I came back to my room, i found some food items (unopened packets of various snacks, spreads, bread), that I had bought in the morning and kept on the table, completely missing. Not only was this shocking, to top it off, a full sleeve striped shirt of mine, which was kept hanging in the closet, was gone!

I have stayed in various hotels around the world - all shapes and sizes - and have never have such an experience. When I went down to the reception and spoke about this, they said that they will look into it. The explanation was that "the food may have been thrown away" and "the shirt may have been taken in for cleaning with the towels". Who are we kidding? The height of political correctness has gone to such length these days that we are even afraid to admit our mistakes! C'mon!

A day passed and the person-in-charge (or manager, perhaps) asked me about the food items and bought me a list of items I had. However, he simply refused to bring up the topic of my shirt. On bringing it up, his response was that they would still keep looking. After 3 days, when it was clear (oh, wasn't it clear from the beginning?) that the shirt is never coming back, I asked him again. I emphasize this fact - I had bring up this topic of what are we going to do about my shirt as he was quite tight-lipped about it. His response was that they had asked the cleaners and since they hadn't seen such a shirt and it has never been found in the laundry, there is nothing they can do about it! Really? Is that the best response you give? I replied, in as polite a way as I could, that this is the weirdest and idiotic response that I have heard but his response was the same. I simply cannot fathom the basic lack of responsibility that was exhibited and the depths of depravity to which people can sometimes can sink to! Well, to each his own!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank basu_somnath
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for contacting me, basu_somnath. I'm glad we could work to an acceptable resolution. I look forward to your next visit to Minneapolis. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Steps away from all things University of Minnesota, the Commons Hotel is a nice retreat from the hectic pace of city life. Greeted at the door with circular fireplace, swell-egant furnishings and the hipness of cool, you will find your stay comfortable and a pleasant from breathe of freshness compared to the usual chain hotel. Once the metro is finished, this will be an perfect place to call home before being swept to theatre, dining, and shopping in the center of Minneapolis.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for selecting us to be your retreat in Minneapolis. I am glad to hear we lived up to your expectation, and that you enjoyed your stay. The light rail will be open near the end of June, and we are excited for the connection it will offer our guests to both Minneapolis and St. Paul. Thank you for your business, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had not stayed here since the property transitioned from Radisson. The Commons is a distinct upgrade. I come to the University periodically for work, and, when I first began, the location was the main attraction. Today, however, the services, staff, decor, and amenities are equally if not more important.

I want to recognize especially the friendly greeting I received upon arrival. The registration desk staff were gracious, lively, efficient, and treated me as an individual and not just a confirmation number. The young woman at the desk was even a Red Sox fan, as my stay was during the World Series.

Upon departure, Associate Trevor S. very kindly gave me a ride to the Light Rail system. He was efficient, interesting, and very pleasant. It was fun to talk with a philosophy major!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side face the new University Athletic Center.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed our transformation. The team put a lot of careful planning into the guest experience, and it is great that you know rank our overall experience just as high as our great University location now. I appreciate your feedback about Trevor. He is truly an asset to our team. I will make certain he receives the appropriate recognition. Thank you again for your business, and I look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

i recently stayed at The Commons hotel for a business trip and was very pleased with my experience. The accomdations met and exceeded all of my needs and the staff went above and beyond to ensure i was satisfied. Having experienced alot of recent business travels, it was great to finally sleep in a compfortable bed with quality linens. I would stay here again without hesitation!
Kristie

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Kristie, thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and productive stay here in Minneapolis. I hope that when travels return you to Minneapolis, you choose to stay at The Commons Hotel again. If there is anything we can do to prepare for your next visit, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your business.