“GR8 Location, Compfy Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

The Commons Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mankato, Minnesota
“GR8 Location, Compfy Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Steps away from all things University of Minnesota, the Commons Hotel is a nice retreat from the hectic pace of city life. Greeted at the door with circular fireplace, swell-egant furnishings and the hipness of cool, you will find your stay comfortable and a pleasant from breathe of freshness compared to the usual chain hotel. Once the metro is finished, this will be an perfect place to call home before being swept to theatre, dining, and shopping in the center of Minneapolis.

Green Features: Towels on the floor get refreshed. Beds changed every three days during longer visits.
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
David K, Manager at The Commons Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for selecting us to be your retreat in Minneapolis. I am glad to hear we lived up to your expectation, and that you enjoyed your stay. The light rail will be open near the end of June, and we are excited for the connection it will offer our guests to both Minneapolis and St. Paul. Thank you for your business, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had not stayed here since the property transitioned from Radisson. The Commons is a distinct upgrade. I come to the University periodically for work, and, when I first began, the location was the main attraction. Today, however, the services, staff, decor, and amenities are equally if not more important.

I want to recognize especially the friendly greeting I received upon arrival. The registration desk staff were gracious, lively, efficient, and treated me as an individual and not just a confirmation number. The young woman at the desk was even a Red Sox fan, as my stay was during the World Series.

Upon departure, Associate Trevor S. very kindly gave me a ride to the Light Rail system. He was efficient, interesting, and very pleasant. It was fun to talk with a philosophy major!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side face the new University Athletic Center.
    • 5 of 5 stars
David K, Manager at The Commons Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed our transformation. The team put a lot of careful planning into the guest experience, and it is great that you know rank our overall experience just as high as our great University location now. I appreciate your feedback about Trevor. He is truly an asset to our team. I will make certain he receives the appropriate recognition. Thank you again for your business, and I look forward to your next stay!
Franklin Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

i recently stayed at The Commons hotel for a business trip and was very pleased with my experience. The accomdations met and exceeded all of my needs and the staff went above and beyond to ensure i was satisfied. Having experienced alot of recent business travels, it was great to finally sleep in a compfortable bed with quality linens. I would stay here again without hesitation!
Kristie

• 5 of 5 stars
Kristie, thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and productive stay here in Minneapolis. I hope that when travels return you to Minneapolis, you choose to stay at The Commons Hotel again. If there is anything we can do to prepare for your next visit, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your business.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I recently stayed at The Commons while I was in town for work, and was very pleased with the accommodations. The beds were comfortable, the decor was modern, and the view was great. I was pleased to find that there was a Starbucks right outside the entrance, which made my early mornings pleasant. The front desk/concierge staff was knowledgeable and friendly, and quickly provided me with toothpaste when I realized I hadn't brought mine. The hotel is basically on the University of MInnesota campus, but is very convenient to downtown Minneapolis. The walls of the room seemed thin because I could hear children running and screaming down the hallway at times. I don't think this is a reflection to the hotel itself. Room service is available, which was very pricey. A $3 delivery charge AND a 21% gratuity were added to the check, making it about $40 for my meal. Just beware before you order. I will be staying here again for my monthly business trips to Minneapolis. It's very cozy!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelgirl L
David K, Manager at The Commons Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad you had a productive stay while here in Minneapolis. By July of next year, we will have the light rail serving us with a stop right outside of our front door. The light rail will provide an even more convenient way to get to Downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul. We can't wait to see you again. Thank you for your business!
Beatrice, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My daughter was recently married, with the reception held at the Commons! The venue, service and food were excellent! We, along with many of the guests, stayed at the hotel and we heard only rave reviews! It was a football weekend, and the hotel had additional staff to accommodate all of the extra guests, activities, etc. the overall ambience of the hotel is amazing!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
David K, Manager at The Commons Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Congratulations, and thank you for allowing The Commons Hotel to serve as your home base for a weekend full of life long memories. We were honored to be a part of your daughter's special day. I am glad your guests enjoyed the event as much as we did. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back for years to come.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

i would advise staying here if your going to a univ of MN event. Its within walking distance to everything down there and plenty of places to eat and drink.
Hotel staff was great, lobby was neat as well. Rooms were clean and look like pictures. Starbucks right in the hotel.

Parking a slight challenge but shouldn't sway you on not staying at this place.

Room Tip: if your planning a road trip for a Univ event, book early and see if there's a parking packing a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the University area. We are close to many unique dining/nightlife options. The area will get even more exciting next year when the light rail starts service to both Downtown Minneapolis and Downtown St. Paul. We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you for staying with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We traveled to Minneapolis to visit friends and family and were really blown away by the updates that have been done since we were last here two years ago. We loved the décor in the room, the bed was super comfy, and the fire pit in the lobby is a really cool touch. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. A big thank you to Thomas at the front desk, who helped make some special arrangements for us while we were there.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments on our transformation. We are honored to hear it described as "Awesome". Further, I am glad Thomas was able to make your stay especially memorable. He is a true asset to our team. When travels return you to Minneapolis, we hope to be able to welcome you back again. Thank you for your business!