“Perfect location”

Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minnesota
“Perfect location”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott so we could enjoy our evening out without having to drive home. We got a great deal on priceline. The Marriott is very pretty and bustling. I enjoyed the ambience and you CANNOT beat the location for a downtown Minneapolis experience.

I have 1.5 criticisms:
1. The beds were not comfortable. I have enjoyed the hotel trend of upgrading to really nice beds. This hotel clearly has not yet done so.

2. I paid for the room (and one for a friend) on Priceline. I was then charged again by Marriott. It is unclear what exactly happened here. I did not dock my rating for this because the person who I called to discuss this with was extremely helpful. He also could not figure out what happened but was committed to making it right. I was impressed with the level of customer service I received (which is why this is only 1/2 of a criticism!).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel is superbly located in the centre of Minneapolis, and there is nothing bad about it, but it does not reach the standard I expect of the Marriott brand. I found myself wondering whether it had originally been built for another brand and taken over by Marriott. Our room was on an upper floor, with an excellent view, and reasonably-sized, but was missing one or two amenities, like a room safe and a separate shaving/make-up mirror in the bathroom. There was also no in-room WiFi; however, the service in the public areas was reasonable and free. On the positive side, service was good and helpful, and the hotel coped well with some difficulties not of its own making. Choose it for location, but set your expectations to a slightly lower brand.

1 Thank Peter C
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Peter C,

We appreciate your time in sharing your experience with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you, and glad to see you enjoyed the view from your room. We provide complimentary wifi in our Lobby area and public space areas as well as WIFI in each guest. Your comments are appreciated as they help us identify how we can continue to improve our guests’ experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again and the opportunity to "Host You Brilliantly".

Best regards,

Kurt Boerner
kurt.boerner@marriott.com
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is priced reasonably for downtown location. Walking distance to Nicollete mall (closes at 7pm on a Tuesday) and to decent variety of eating spots.
I did not valet. Parking garage is right next to the hotel. Came after 5:00pm and cost only $6.00 for parking over night. Rented a bike close to the hotel and rode to Gold Medal Park and across the memorial bridge. Parked and played! Good one night stay

Stayed August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hotel is very nice and in a great location. Lounge is nice and a great view of the city. Very good service and the rooms were nice and spacious. Nothing to pick apart on here. Highly reccomend this property. The on site restaurant has good drink specials at certain times.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Spent the week end with family and had a nice stay. Room was very comfortable and quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and location was the best In downtown. Concierge on duty most of the time. Great security especially with a 5th story lobby,

Room Tip: Higher levels are nicer rooms, but all are nice.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hospitality exhibited by the staff was delightful. Although I am top tier with Hilton, I would not hesitate to stay at this property again. While relaxing in the lounge, the Director introduced himself and asked if they could do anything to make the stay more enjoyable.

The hotel is convenient to local shopping and the front desk recommended a steak house around the corner that offered the best steak I have ever eaten :)

Will make it a point to stay here again !

Ed

Room Tip: the rooms at the end of the hallway are smaller, due to the building design. Stay closer toward the...
Green Features: Did not see them chopping down any trees LOL Sorry not a tree hugger, so I may not be the best to judge this catagory.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have always wanted to stay at this hotel since it's just within walking distance to the client's office that work for and after seeing the newly renovated lobby.
Finally, I managed to get a room there for 2 nights. As I was checking-in, the receptionist told me 'Here's the key to your Presidential Suite'. I wasn't paying attention to it at first, but to my surprise, they gave me a Presidential Suite!
I have always been a Platinum member with Marriott and rarely gets upgraded. So to get upgraded (maybe) and given that suite, it just made my week in gloomy Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the corner. Will increase your chance of a good view and reduce noise
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business