Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$110
Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$89
$161
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Northstar(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$102
$161
$152
Nicollet Island Inn(Minneapolis)
$209
$179
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$152
$106
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Snelling Motel(Minneapolis)
$90
Hotwire.com
All reviewsm clubfifth floorstreet leveltarget centerthe concierge loungeparking garagebreakfast buffetlight railnicollet mallcorner roomhigh floorlocation is greatup to datetwins gamewater pressurelobby areafitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here in Septbember with friends from Germany. We were going to a Twins game and wanted the option to also go to some area bars/restaurants over the weekend. I did the reservation through Travelocity, which had a better price, but it made check-in confusing. The hotel is very nice, we really liked the rooms, and the beds were very comfortable. One thing that would make this place better is if it had continental breakfast. We were disappointment about that. There is food but obviously very expensive.

The walk from the parking ramp is kind of strange because you have to take two separate elevators to get to the hotel.

I'd stay here again. Clean and safe and close to many downtown attractions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Amy L.

Thank you for comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you and your friends had an enjoyable weekend. Our hotel is in the heart of the city which it makes it convenient to many local attractions.

Additional signage has been added from the parking garage to the hotel to assist our guests. On weekends, we provide a shuttle to and from the garage for our guests’ convenience. I hope you were able to take advantage of the shuttle during your stay.

We appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is hard to disappoint - provided you aren't confusing staying in a major metropolitan area as staying in the suburbs. From the second you pull up the valet guys are on top of their game opened all the doors, hooked up bottles of waters, helped with bags and got you on your way.($30 overnight with in and out privileges)

The hotel is located about 1/2 block from Hennepin Avenue where all the night life is and 1/2 block from all the shopping and dining on Nicollet Mall. 7th Avenue is about half way down Nicollet Mall and Hennepin so great location.

Take the elevator to the lobby on 5 - airy obviously well cared for and beautiful. Paths to check in and guest rooms clearly marked. Real express check in line for elite members and treatment as such if you are. The gentleman was very quick with the process and recalled my name 10 minutes later when I had another question. Front desk was very accommodating in helping notify us of guests arrival.

For anyone like me who hates waiting for elevators you're in luck this hotel had 7 elevators servicing all 31 floors - almost no wait and speedy ascent / descent. The 29-31 floors are secured floors.

We had 2 rooms - the first was their 2 story suite on the secured floors. If you are having a get together this is a definite The amenities aren't huge here but the sheer room size is. We had 16 people in the room and it had no problems accommodating. Empty mini fridge and bar (great for group events). Dining table and plenty of seating to host everyone. Only downside was the ice machine was located on 29. The views from these rooms are out of this world with 2 story windows looking out over the city.

Second room was an executive suite on 29 - great corner room with windows covering all the exterior walls. Very spacious room with king bed and a nice sitting area with couch, and chair made a great second room for relaxing.

Staff was very polite on the one incident where a group of the guys were a little loud.

Highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Minneapolis for vacation or if you are hosting a party. Hotel and staff definitely made this party one that my friend will remember the rest of his life.

Room Tip: Building is a triangle - so ask for a corner room. 2 Floor suites are great for group get together.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and service exceeded your expectations. We recently completed an elevator modernization and I am glad to see that you spent minimal time waiting to get to your room.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was staying in Bloomington at the Hilton and took the train downtown to the city center, I wanted lunch and a glass of wine before I went out exploring again. So I sat the the bar in this hotel and ordered a glass of chardonnay and asked for a menu. The service was fantastic. But fire the head chef. I looked at the prices from their lunch menu, shocked, and ordered a cup of soup called Minnesoto wild rice soup. It came with wild rice, chicken and chives. It was gawd awful. It was just a white sauce with some Brown short rice and some canned chicken that I thought were clams for the look and chewiness. Other then that no flavor at all. I am a somewhat experienced cook and I wondered why they did not use a rich chicken stock and real chicken, and some herbs and seasoning, some thyme would have helped. It is served with some seasoned sesame crackers which was the only thing with any flavor. So one cup of soup and a glass of house Chardonnary cost me $21.00 plus tip.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jasatt
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Jasset,

We appreciate your comments regarding your experience at our lounge during your visit to our hotel. I am glad to hear that your service exceeded your expectations.

I apologize that you were not pleased with the chicken and wild rice soup. Our chicken and wild rice soup is one of our most requested items at the hotel and is made with fresh ingredients. The recipe does call for a heavy cream base with a chicken stock, Minnesota wild rice and fresh never canned chicken. This was not your experience and I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Again, we appreciate your comments and I look forward to speaking with you.

Phone: 612-349-4000
Kurt.boerner@marriott.com

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Marriott consistently delivers on their brand, as is the case here. GREAT location, for me about the only reason to chose this place. VERY pricy. i thought the front desk staff was not very accommodating- and when i called the operator on the room phone no answer, so i had to walked down to the front desk to get assistance. i stayed here as part of a conference - food at the conference was quite good. The internet is VERY expensive in the rooms - $15/day. Good stay - but the only reason would be the location.

Room Tip: they're all so high up i don't think it matters... even close to the elevator is quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our hotel; we appreciate your positive comments regarding our location and the food quality at your conference.

Please accept my apologies for failing on your customer service experience from our front desk hosts and our AYS department (Operators). We never want to our guests to experience this type of service.

If you would like to contact me, I am interested in knowing the time of day this took place as it will assist our team in taking better care of our guests.

The hotel does offer two levels of internet pricing for our guests: $10.95 and $14.95 for higher band width. Free internet access is provided on our lobby level.

Again, thank you for your insight on our hotel and I apologize that we did not provide the customer service that Marriott is known for.

Best regards,
Phone: 612-349-4000
kurt.boerner@marriott.com

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotell in the last weekend in August, to prepare ourselves for business in MN. Nice lobby, friendly staff. We were given Nice rooms. Great bar, with a lot of friendly folks. Wery central and clean. We enjoyed our selfs.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for taking time to reveiw our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel and the staff. We hope that you were able to accomplish your business while in town.

We hope we have the chance to serve you again.