Minneapolis Marriott City Center
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsm clubfifth floorstreet leveltarget centerthe concierge loungeparking garagebreakfast buffetlight railnicollet mallcorner roomhigh floorlocation is greatup to datetwins gamewater pressurelobby areafitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My son (4 1/2) and I stayed here for two nights in conjunction with a trip to watch a game at Target Field. We had an "executive suite" which is not a typical suite, but a nice oversized corner room. It was large enough to allow me to utilize the television after he had gone to sleep, but did not have a separate room as I had hoped. The hotel was very busy for the weekend with baseball and apparently a large high school volleyball tournament in the area. Other than a large number of people in the lobby, such a crowd was rarely an issue. We utilized valet parking (which was a bit pricy at $27/night), and other than having to summon the valet from the valet stand when we arrived at our car to leave, had no issues. The hotel is incredibly convenient for events at Target Center or Target Field and to the Nicolett Mall. It is located in a downtown area, so there are downtown noises through the day/night (car horns, sirens, street noise, etc), but not of an intense nature. The view from our room was great and we enjoyed our stay. If I ever needed to stay in Downtown Minneapolis again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rlbrown77
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here with 4 people on 4/27/13. We booked the room for 4 people and when checking in were told the room only had 1 queen sized bed. We were told that our room request for 2 beds was "just a request." The offered to upgrade us to a suite for an additional $50, which in my opinion is nice but we should have gotten a free upgrade. While we were dealing with our problem we were calling other hotels to look for 2 beds, we overheard another family of 4 dealing with the same problem. The manager came out to help him and we heard him say another family had the same situation. So by 1pm on a Saturday, 3 groups had this problem. They should be required to tell you, you will more than likely have only one bed.

We upgraded to the suite, which still only had one queen bed and a pull out. The room was really nice but the bed situation was still not ideal. The pull out couch was a joke. The blankets for it were paper thin and when we called to ask for additional blankets you would have thought we asked for their first born child.

Overall, it was really close to everything which was great and we wanted to go out and enjoy the nightlife, but the bed situation was just ridiculous. If there are just two of you it would be a perfect fit but and more people, not worth your time.

Room Tip: No double room guarantee!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NodakErin
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stay here for two nights on a business trip. The hotel is perfectly located in downtown Minneapolis. It's a 5 minute walk to Target field and there are numerous restaurants & shopping close. The room was comfortable and large. The view was outstanding. The service was hit-or-miss.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank D D
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I stayed in one of the hotel's bi-level suites which was very nice - living area downstairs and bedroom upstairs. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant - both the food and service were very good. I also had a couple of beers in the hotel bar and found the bar staff to be very friendly. The hotel has a great location in the heart of downtown and is within walking distance of a number of shops, bars, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Overall I liked the feel of this hotel and would definitely stay here again if in town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GeogProfOH
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Ask for a room with a view, they will accommodate if they are able. We stayed on 4/20, a particularly busy weekend, so hotel was full. Room was clean and King bed was very comfortable. Access to rooms is strategically placed so that no random street traffic can enter room areas, a security feature I appreciated. Hotel has all expected amenities of a luxury hotel, but I think it was overpriced. I paid 10.00 to get Wi-fi in the room. It is free in common areas only. I paid $3.50 a piece for the water bottles in the room, but I did appreciate the notice of the charge in the bottles. The least expensive continental breakfast is $18. The good news is there are many good restaurants in the area. We had Pizza Luce delivered-(best pizza around). I would choose a less expensive hotel next time and cab it to my event.

• Stayed: April 2013