“Great Time!”

Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It is conveniently located in the busy shopping district, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the bed was great.The breakfast buffet was overpriced but good and the service excellent; luckily there were plenty of other places to eat close to the hotel. I did not have an issue with the elevators but the pillows were too soft and drove me nuts. Otherwise, I would recommend this hotel and would certainty revisits!!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I spent 4 days here for a conference. The rooms are very nice. Clean. Beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was very good. The breakfast buffet had a lot of choice include fresh made egg dishes.
The elevator situation is not great, but most high rise hotels when crowded with a conference or two have wait times for elevators. They are currently modernizing the elevator cabs. My wait was never more than two minutes.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Upon first look, this hotel looks like it's been updated to modern standards. However, whoever did the update cut a lot of corners. The room on the 12th floor was modern and spacious but the ventilation was outdated and probably hasn't been dusted in 10 years. Additionally, I found a box of half eaten popcorn behind the curtain on the window sill. That along with the chunks of mold in the shower and the noticeable leak in the bathroom ceiling caused me to rate this hotel poor. I think with some TLC, maybe some new housekeepers, this could be a decent property. Until then, stay clear.

Room Tip: Go to a high floor. Why as a Platinum Elite member, I was stuck on the 12th floor is beside me.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I waited, no joke, 5 minutes for the elevator. The lady who was at the elevator when I showed up said that she had already been there for 10 minutes. There was a sign on the floor that said the elevators were undergoing refurbishment, but that would have been nice to know before booking and 15 minutes for an elevator is entirely unacceptable.

I had a corner suite. It was actually kind of cool. The building is shaped like a triangle which results in a unique room layout. However, it is the typical business travelers' hotel and is fine for what it is.

Room Tip: The corner suite was spacious.
1  Thank BWoolf
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent time here during a weekend conference. Clean room, comfortable (except the bed was pure mush), and a very convenient location. Anyone who has every navigated downtown Minneapolis or St.Paul, MN. is familiar with the elevated walkway connections between many of the buildings. Marriott City Center is no exception. Well connected to restaurants, coffee shops and shopping without ever going outside. I will say this however, the maps are not the easiest to understand. Maps really need to be updated or corrected as we frequently needed to "experiment" on which way to go. (the hotel has nothing to do with this though) And, as another review stated, a bit strange to enter the building and take the elevator to the hotel lobby. At the same time it was nice to separate the shuttle crowd from the hotel lobby.
As another reviewer already commented, we too were there on the weekend of the Madonna concert (did not attend) but certainly "heard" the hall noise from the many teenyboppers. And it did cross my mind that this hotel is willing to overlook guest infractions for the sake of revenue. It would be nice, in my opinion, if guest reservations would separate the party crown from business guests by at least a couple floors.
The clerks were friendly and the concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Convenient location on 7th Street - near shops, restaurants and just a few easy blocks to the Convention Center. Room was spacious, clean and well equipped. I was happy there was even room enough for me to do my morning exercise routine. Concierge Lounge provides good variety of both breakfast items and heavy appetizers during the dinner hour but hits the jackpot on the dessert selections (that's okay - remember there's room to exercise). There's a very busy bus stop street level on 7th Street, so I recommend the Sky Walk to get past that. After that, the SkyWalk will extend your walking time bunches. Staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Minneapolis emergency vehicles love their sirens all night long - not sure it's possible to get...
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was staying in Minneapolis for work. Picked this hotel since it was close to the office. The layout of the hotel was a little strange. Had to take an elevator to get to the lobby to take a separate elevator to get to the rooms. I guess it provides a little more security and privacy getting to your room.

Hotel was pretty clean, and the rooms were in good shape and clean. The rooms are pretty close and the sound proofing between rooms isn't good. My neighbors were extremely loud and woke me up at 3AM. So that would count as a negative for me. I could also hear all the street noise and since there was a concert at the target center, it was pretty noisy at 12. Normally I wouldn't be bothered but since I had to be up early for work, it was quite a nuisance.

If there is an event in town, and you have a lot of people staying there, elevators are iffy at best. I had the light keep going off on me and I waited 15 minutes for an elevator before I just walked down the stairs. Even when I selected my floor once in the elevator it cleared all the selections and just went where ever it wanted. But once the crowds stopped they started operating normally again. Ended up using the stairs a lot during peak hours for people going in and out of the hotel.

My next complaint which I've seen on these reviews for this hotel...the bus stop when you make a left from the hotel. When you see police hanging out at a bus stop everyday, you know something is wrong. I wanted to take a picture of the bus stop but I was scared someone would take my phone away from me and much more. But if you just ignore them and walk through and don't show any fear to them, they'll leave you alone for the most part. Some guys still trying harassing me but I just blew it off as nothing.

Overall the hotel was clean and well kept. Probably one of the best fitness centers I've seen in a hotel which is great for business travelers lie me. That is an extreme plus for me, but the noise, the bus stop, and small inconveniences would prevent me from staying here again when in town for work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business