“Great Location, Friendly Staff, Clean Room”

Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minnesota
“Great Location, Friendly Staff, Clean Room”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I chose this hotel based on its location to the Target Center. We were in town for a Timberwolves game and also an expo at the convention center. From the hotel, we were able to utilize the skyway system which worked great with 3 kids and very chilly temps outside (no need to carry coats and cold weather gear all day). You could also access a variety of restaurants nearby through the skyway. The staff at the hotel was very accommodating and friendly making sure we would have a room that would work with the kids. We stayed on the 25th floor and the room was surprisingly spacious for a standard double in a downtown hotel. The room was clean and ready when we checked in. The rollaway wasn't so comfortable, but adequate. Our room had a nice open view as well. I would recommend this hotel if you are going to be downtown Minneapolis for an event!

Room Tip: I personally always ask for rooms on the higher floors when staying in a downtown area to cut down o...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank backcountrytraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rochester, MN
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here for a small conference and had a great experience
Great service at check in, nice meeting rooms and meals.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank kagardner
crowne point
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Marriott several times. Usually, it has been a great experience. The location is great, the hotel is clean, and the breakfast is very good. However, my family has had horrible experiences the past two stays. Last April, a convention was taking place and the halls were noisy and full of drunks. We asked to move in the middle of the night but the floor was full of more drunken guests. Against my better judgement, I stayed there again in January. I had to call the front desk twice- once at 2:30 AM and again at 4:00 AM because of loud, vulgar guests. If you want to sleep well, this may not be the place for you. I did complain in January and was given free valet parking. Great. This should have been a free night. Either the Marriott Downtown MSP raises its rates to keep unsavory elements out or improve its level of security.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank viszla03
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Easy to find, and there is a Marriott self-park with easy access just beyond the hotel entrance. The signage is clear, with color-coded levels. I felt safe as a female single traveler. From the self park elevator, there is a little walk through a mall to the main floor elevators which take you to the lobby. I echo the many comments about the service. Over the 3 nights I stayed (Jan 9 - 12), I had several occasions to interact with the bellmen, concierge, business center, front desk, club level lounge, and the housekeepers. All were incredible. The lovely European-accent housekeeper knew I liked a certain tea, and she left a bundle of them outside my door when the do not disturb was out. The club level lounge is sooooo relaxing and they have HEALTHY evening snacks. The gym is great, with all working machines and several of each so you never have to wait. The gym attendant was friendly and helpful. I wish I would have jotted down names to report because all deserve a gold star.

Room Tip: Select room away from ice machine or elevator. Concierge is floor 30 if your loyalty level or stay q...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelTeam4985
Newport, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The hotel was very nice. Great location and the rooms had very nice views. The restaurant/bar in the hotel was honestly the worst experience I have ever had. We stopped down to get some snacks before going out on new years eve. Our 3 pizzas turned into a two hour fiasco. No silverware was brought to the table' my friend ate half her salad with her fingers by the time someone got around to paying attention and it was not busy maybe 3 tables full in the whole place. Our waitress left half way through serving us. We were charged for drinks that never came. The worst part the manager standing right there aware of everything going on the whole time and did nothing about it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our restaurant on New Year's. We sincerely apologize for the level of service that you received during your visit. We have spoken with the manager and servers that waited on you that evening to discuss how we failed to meet your expectations. This will serve as a valuable training tool to our staff so that we can improve on our service in the future.

Thank you again for bringing this our attention.

Best regards,

Kurt Boerner
Connecticut
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This hotel in very well placed for business in downtown Minneapolis. It is connected on the Skyway to the City Center which makes it extremely convenient for Macy's, Saks Off Fifth, and a bunch of restaurants.

The rooms are very nice, flat-screen TVs, good-sized bathrooms, convenient lobby bar & Restaurant, great sized desks for work.

I especially want to complement Nicole who works at Registration....she recognizes repeat guests and is quick to try to help the guest.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Delhi, Iowa
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott City Center for a Timberwolves game. It is a great location, a block from the Target Center, easy walking distance. I'm a platinum Marriott member and was staying on points. I valeted my truck at the front door because i was afraid it would be a tight fit in the parking garage (6'5" limit). We received an amazing upgraded room... Two stories on the top floor with a great view. Because the concierge lounge was closed for the holidays, they gave me a free pass for breakfast and appetizers at the hotel restaurant. Overall, it was just a great experience.

• Stayed December 2011