“Great Location, Great Hotel”

Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and were very pleased! The view from our room (only the 10th floor!) was amazing! I am actually glad we wern't too much higher. The lobby is on the 5th floor so you have to take 2 elevators to get to your room, but it never really bothered us. We loved the location, we were able to walk EVERYWHERE! We went to a baseball game and a football game and walked to both. We could see the baseball staduim from our room which was cool. Great restaurants in the area too. My favorite was right across the street in the Raddison. It was called Firelake (I think thats the name). Everything we ate there was amazing. Try to suggest a corner room so you can get 2 huge windows for the views.

Room Tip: Corner Room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Minneapolis City Center for two nights in late August. I am a Marriott Rewards Elite member and was staying on rewards points. The hotel was very crowded due both to an American Legion convention in town and the Minnesota Twins hosting the Detroit Tigers.

Despite the crowded / busy nature of the weekend stay, I was very impressed both with my room and especially with the service I received while at the hotel.

Service - EVERYONE I spoke was very friendly, polite, and helpful and most of them were even enthusiastic. The staff here really seem to care. This comment by the way applies to everyone I dealt with - housekeeping, restaurant, desk, lobby store, bellcaps - everyone.

Room - I was given room 2423 - a triangular "corner" room facing both north over Target Center and Target Field, and facing south over the central business district and Nicollet Mall. The room is extremely spacious. The room also reflects modern needs, with plenty of plugs, and hook ups. I had a bit of trouble on the first afternoon getting an internet connection, but beyond that I had no problems with both wired (laptop) and wireless (ipod touch) connections. The only negative observations about the room were that the counter in the bathroom is a bit small and that there is some street noise from the Hennepin Ave / Warehouse entertainment district at night. However, closing the blinds and turning on the fan to "high" limited the noise such that I was not kept awake. The room also featured an RGB monitor cable to hook your PC up to the TV, although with typical hotel internet speeds, streaming something over the internet may be frustrating (I did not try). Another plus - an ice machine within 20 feet of the room! A vanishing nicety in modern full service hotels.

Restaurant - despite being very busy both mornings at breakfast, the staff was polite and very helpful and efficient.

Location - ideal. The hotel is connected to the skyway system (I did not use it in August, but I imagine it comes in handy in February). The hotel is a block from Nicollet Mall, with plenty of shopping and dining options. The hotel is one and a half blocks from Target Center and two and a half blocks from Target Field. The hotel is near the Hennepin / Warehouse entertainment district. The hotel is also near plenty of public transportation options - I took the Hiawatha Light Rail from MSP to the hotel and it is an easy two block walk from either the Nicollet or Hennepin stops. I also used the 6E bus from a stop a block from the hotel to go out to Lake Harriet for a morning walk. There are plenty of other bus options nearby as well.

In summary, the location was ideal and the service was tops!

Room Tip: Try for a triangular shaped corner room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This Marriott was a beautiful hotel. It's located wonderfully next to Seven (a popular sushi & steakhouse with a fun rooftop bar), blocks from the light rail, walking distance to Target and many, many shops and restaurants and the downtown businesses and government offices. The Mississippi River is about 6 blocks away and once there, you can walk a few more blocks to the historic mill ruins and see the waterfall on the Mississippi. The light rail stop to the Mall of America is about 3 short blocks away.

The hotel is also connected the city's famous skywalks so if you're there in the winter or a bad summer, you never have to step outside. The staff are courteous and professional. There is a full restaurant and a separate full lounge/bar in the lobby. One night after our meetings, we asked the bar staff where was a good place to go (they were closing) and the staff told us what clubs to see and what to avoid and even offered to show us around). I was very taken aback by the midwest hospitality. Every hotel employee displayed it. I would stay here again if I needed to go back to Minneapolis.

The ballrooms provided wonderful meeting space for our conference and they are on a separate floor to provide privacy. There was 2 other conferences going on at the same time and we only ran into the other conference attendees in the lobby so we didn't have to worry about non-attendees wondering into our meetings, eating the food, etc.

The hotel is a great business hotel and a beautiful place to take a vacation in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank azblatino
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights while in town for a wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were new looking, beds very comfy and the view AMAZING! Very clean and homey cant wait to come back just to stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here while in town for some Twins games and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel for the location and the price. Appearance of a 5 star hotel lobby, rooms were clean, easily air conditioned, and beds were comfortable. Short walk to the rail system to take us to the Mall of America, park, or Vikings stadium. Safe and clean, and a 5 minute straight walk to Target Field.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Booked a double room for the night of the American Idols Live concert. Upon arrival about 5pm I was told that we had been upgraded to a jr. executive suite with panoramic views. Oh-- and that this room had just one king bed and a couch. Hmmm... but the thing is we were two women spending $450/night each expecting our own bed. My friend was more gracious than I so we accepted the "upgrade" and proceeded to the "Suite". Well, the view was fine but the bathroom was so small it was uncomfortable. No full length mirror in the entire suite, no refrigerator. King size bed was comfortable and my friend did not complain about sleeping on the couch but for $450 it really was a joke. Luckily we both had a pretty good sense of humor.

Room Tip: Don't assume that what you booked is going to be what you get
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We have stayed here many times on Minneapolis trips. It is right downtown a half block off of the mall and a couple blocks from Target Field. We usually get a room with a view and the view is terrific of the Minneapolis skyline. Many good restaurants are nearby and the hotel itself has a nice bar and lounge. Service is excellent as you would expect in a downtown Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room which gives you a great view in two directions.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple