“Nice room and amenities”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Nice room and amenities”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed here for one night while attending a wedding close-by. I was pleased with my stay at the hyatt from start to finish. Check-in was quick, and our room was a delightful surprise. The decor was modern and well-designed. The bathroom featured a beautiful tile shower and a vanity with stool.

We were fortunate to stay on the top floor, and we had an absolutely amazing view of the downtown skyline.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We love it hen locals get to stay and enjoy an overnight downtown. so glad the wedding was fun and that you were able to experience the property. Come downtown again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Iowa
Reviewed July 27, 2014

First stay in this location. Walking distance to downtown. Great location and very affordable for the quality for all this hotel offers. We stayed on 24th floor and views were amazing. If you are there for a couples weekend the lighting is perfect but if you want to have bright lighting this is not the place. In there recent remodel someone decided purple and blue atmosphere lighting is what all will appreciate. Not always so. Very comfortable beds. QUIET. Only issue i have is the cost of parking. We were quoted 14.00/nite they charge 40.00/nite. We elected to park 2 blocks away in one of many ramps 5.00 for 24 hrs on a weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review! Glad you had a great experience. The hotel was designed with a Scandanavian influence and I can imagine that not everyone likes the color choices, We are glad that you had a good experience and that you had a great view, the city t night is pretty spectacular. Come back and see us soon!
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've been to this hotel several times now on business. Lovely rooms, great service, fantastic breakfast, friendly staff, convenient location. I stayed in an executive suite, which is quite a walk from the elevator, so if that is an issue for you, choose something else, but they were overly roomy and well appointed.

Room Tip: Free WiFi in the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review!! Wow! We love to hear this from the "picky" guests! I have shared this review with our entire team, really fantastic to hear. Most of all, the staff was very excited to hear that you found the service so great. Don't make this your last stay, we want to see you again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This place gets 5 stars from me-- not easy, I'm a picky hotel guest! I'm actually staying here now and am enjoying it so much, I had to write a review mid-stay.

The hotel design is beautiful. Huge, beautiful fireplace in the lobby-- so warm and welcoming. I arrived exhausted after an early morning flight, and the front desk clerk couldn't have been friendlier and kinder. He found me a room for a very early check in so I could take a nap before my meetings started.

The room itself is lovely. It looks recently renovated. Comfortable bed and larger bathroom than I expected.

I've had great service and food in the restaurant and bar. All servers have been incredibly attentive and the food is fresh, with many local ingredients. Try the roasted chicken soup! The atmosphere at the bar is cozy and welcoming.

And the gym-- huge! It's the size of a regular commercial gym and is well-appointed. There's also a nice indoor pool.

So, 5 stars for this place. The best part about it is how friendly everyone is. This is my first time in Minneapolis and I love it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Poolgirl7705
Woodstock
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here while visiting extended family in Minneapolis. The location was convenient for walking downtown through the Nicollett mall area. The hotel staff were friendly. The room was spacious, with a large bathroom. A nice place to stay, would recommend for others. We did have to pay to self-park (I think valet is also available for extra charge). The beds were comfortable and we had free wi-fi although the downstairs sign seemed to indicate wi-fi may have a fee. When I asked the front desk said some rooms had free wi-fi and some did not;...not sure how they determine that.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I lived in Minneapolis for 7 years and stayed at this hotel for a weekend visit to see friends. I booked the hotel through Priceline, so I don't know what it normally costs. It is on the south end of downtown, so it's close to Eat Street but a long walk to the light rail. You wouldn't want to walk it with your luggage. It is walking distance to plenty of downtown restaurants, shopping and venues.

The lobby was very nice, the room was an adequate size, the bathroom was fairly large, and the bed was comfortable. The desk was set up very nicely for business travelers - you could even use the tv as a monitor. My room was well maintained. The only exception was the bathroom sink - the stopper didn't work correctly so the sink never drained. I didn't report it to the staff, but I thought housekeeping would have caught it - they didn't.

I ate at the restaurant for breakfast and they offered good variety at typical hotel prices. They could never beat Hell's Kitchen, though - do yourself a favor and walk down to 9th street to experience that. It's my favorite restaurant in Minneapolis for breakfast - order the lemon ricota hotcakes!

Overall, very nice and I would stay here again.

Green Features: They did have a recycling bin separate from trash in the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I attended a Yellow Ribbon Army event at this hotel. Valet service and bell hops that help you unload your car and get to your room. The lobby is very upscale and spacious! Staff is WONDERFUL and always there to help. The Market is a store and deli area with lots of healthy, organic, natural and local drinks and snacks. The Prairie Kitchen and Bar is the on-site restaurant and lounge. Staff for the bar were polite and friendly. Prices are a little higher than other nearby restaurants, but a lot of the food is organic, gluten free or free range animals. Views from the 20th floor are nice if you like an urban view(my 4 yr old LOVED the lights, thought is was Christmas outside, haha!). The food provided by the hotel catering staff was good, but not the best I have had. My only real complaint was there is no hot tub, only a 4' pool in the pool area.

Green Features: recycling bins located by every garbage can area, serving organic and free-range food and drinks, sensors on water faucets in the public restrooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review! We are always so excited to host the Yellow Ribbon events. The staff and I afe so proud of our military and appreciate all you and the families sacrifice. Come back and see us very soon!